Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No more stories about the OT characters other than Vader and even then he should be a fearful presence a la Rogue One. Let them die in peace. We DON'T need and Obi-Wan series.....

lamekilla lamekilla No need for a Vader movie either. The prequels were unnecessary garbage.

Lucas should have worked on a sequel instead. The OG cast were in their mid to late 40s/early 50s and could've been more than supporting actors/CGI that needed to be killed off. :smh: :smh: :smh:

Obi Wan has all the makings of a show getting cancelled. Six episodes down to four and then the staff being sent home.

Yeah M Mark Antony Lucas deserves blame as much as Disney does for these 'sequels'.

The toys/video games/merchandise and even the loved/hated characters Maul/Jar Jar could've appeared in a sequels if he really wanted them.

Oh no, 99!
RIP :frown:

What about Commander Colt though?

giphy.gif

I don't know about the prequels but if Lucas did a sequel trilogy in the 90s or in place of the PT I feel like Disney and Lucasfilm would've still did another sequel trilogy.

It just would've been episodes X, XI, and XII. Maybe though then there's a chance the trilogy isnt shackled by the past and we get a proper story, villain and conflict.

I'm more frustrated with the things George Lucas didnt do than what he did do. He could've easily done his own ST. Write, outline, and direct the first movie in 2010 and then appoint directors to do the last two (just like the OT), announce his semi-retirement like he always did in 2012, and then sell to Disney like he always did.

Last edited:
I don't know about the prequels but if Lucas did a sequel trilogy in the 90s or in place of the PT I feel like Disney and Lucasfilm would've still did another sequel trilogy.

It just would've been episodes X, XI, and XII. Maybe though then there's a chance the trilogy isnt shackled by the past and we get a proper story, villain and conflict.

I'm more frustrated with the things George Lucas didnt do than what he did do. He could've easily done his own ST. Write, outline, and direct the first movie in 2010 and then appoint directors to do the last two (just like the OT), announce his semi-retirement like he always did in 2012, and then sell to Disney like he always did.

No thanks.

No thanks.
Basically I would've preferred Lucas to do a ST that would've finished in 2015 or 2016 and for Lucasfilm to do a new trilogy not attached to any of that.

Let George do his force of the whills and super midichlorians movies.

Hopefully then the Disney SW trilogy wouldn't be so bad.

Basically I would've preferred Lucas to do a ST that would've finished in 2015 or 2016 and for Lucasfilm to do a new trilogy not attached to any of that.

Unless you or someone else has a time machine, we are stuck with the 9 core films as is.

Sorry, but still no.

I know y'all love him, I don't.

He's done two great things. Create Star Wars, and sell Star Wars.

If I think about it out loud, 77-80-83. Great.

Then.......he starts to tinker/destroy all 3 movies. Edits them again and again, just messin them all up.
Then 99. Crap.
02. Crap.
05. Pretty solid.

I mean......he distanced himself from the EU. Filoni does Clone Wars.

Take away Clone Wars, remove those stories, JUST the trilogy alone......think about how bleak that is. Maul brought back. Anakin more depth. Asoka created. Grevious created in the micro series.....

And you want more from him?

Naw, I'm good. Thank you George for creating, thank you for selling, but I don't need Ewoks, Jar Jar and 8 year olds anymore. I'm ready for more than that.

Not puttin anyone else down, just my view. I know I'm gonna get crushed for sayin all this.

Sorry, but still no.

I know y'all love him, I don't.

He's done two great things. Create Star Wars, and sell Star Wars.

If I think about it out loud, 77-80-83. Great.

Then.......he starts to tinker/destroy all 3 movies. Edits them again and again, just messin them all up.
Then 99. Crap.
02. Crap.
05. Pretty solid.

I mean......he distanced himself from the EU. Filoni does Clone Wars.

Take away Clone Wars, remove those stories, JUST the trilogy alone......think about how bleak that is. Maul brought back. Anakin more depth. Asoka created. Grevious created in the micro series.....

And you want more from him?

Naw, I'm good. Thank you George for creating, thank you for selling, but I don't need Ewoks, Jar Jar and 8 year olds anymore. I'm ready for more than that.

Not puttin anyone else down, just my view. I know I'm gonna get crushed for sayin all this.
Yeah I don't care about most of what you're complaining about here. You're focusing too much on George finishing his story instead of looking at the potential of Lucasfilm doing their own new trilogy cuz thats basically what it would be, a new trilogy.

I'm just saying George should've done his 3 trilogies. I dont really care how they would've turned out. They couldn't be any worse than the sequel trilogy or prequel trilogy. And no it wouldn't be 8 year olds, Jar Jar, Ewoks. What he would've done has been leaked enough that we all know it'd be more midichlorians, whills, Luke and his kids, etc.

Once he sells, ideally speaking, Disney can now do something fresh and new. Maybe they don't hire JJ to rehash ANH or Rian to ignore the rehash and subvert expectations. Maybe with things slightly adjusted (the new trilogy comes out a few years later than it actually did) Filoni has more involvement. Maybe better directors are involved. At the very least I'd like to think it wouldn't involve killing off the old cast as a "theme" and we'd actually get a good story with a fresh villain.

That's literally nothing but speculation. :lol:
If Bob Iger was speculating i believe him.

And if you wanted 3 more film's about Midiclorians and Whills then there'd be no reason for Disney to buy Star Wars.
No what I wanted was Disney to to something new with Star Wars and not do this sequel trilogy which they turned in to ending the Skywalker saga which really is just another George Lucas concept/idea/novelty.

And I'm not sure how George doing the ST with what he planned has anything to do with Disney purchasing Star Wars.

If Bob Iger was speculating i believe him.

No what I wanted was Disney to to something new with Star Wars and not do this sequel trilogy which they turned in to ending the Skywalker saga which really is jist another George Lucas concept.

And I'm not sure how George doing the ST with what he planned has anything to do with Disney purchasing Star Wars.

Because there'd be no need to purchase as demand would be gone. Whills and Midiclorians would have been tragic.

Iger wrote a note, not details on what it all was about. "Leaks" etc. Meh. Now, do I believe he would want to make 3 film's about that nonsense? Yes. :lol:
I just don't put any stock in it is all.

Could have all been so simple. Recast the old folks with younger selves, post RotJ, add Thrawn and we'd be begging for more. It was simple. They went for nostalgia. It's not lost on me that LITERALLY one of them died during the period needed to make these film's.

Because there'd be no need to purchase as demand would be gone.
That's just incredibly stupid.

Demand would be gone for Star Wars :lol:

If the prequel didnt kill that and George managed to sell it for 4 billi (along with Indiana Jones) then nothing would make demand disappear.

Star Wars fans and stans will always be slaves to the franchise.

If George's ST would've turned out bad Disney would've waited until like now to make their SW movie but even that I doubt.

That's just incredibly stupid.

Demand would be gone for Star Wars :lol:

If the prequel didnt kill that and George managed to sell it for 4 billi (along with Indiana Jones) then nothing would make demand disappear.

Star Wars fans and stans will always be slaves to the franchise.

If George's ST would've turned out bad Disney would've waited until like now to make their SW movie but even that I doubt.

:lol:

Iono man, you know I love this franchise but if I got (basically) 6 consecutive prequels + the OG's bein ****ed with......iono. I don't know if I coulda handled more Midiclorians crap. I know some could have, but he could have really damaged stuff. Look at how he felt after 3. He took a beating. 3 more? Coulda been ugly.

I'm just glad he sold, but KK screwed up writing off all the source material AND THEN complaining about not having any source material. :lol: :rofl: That's her biggest misstep so far.

How do you not simply grab 5-6 of the writers they had used (Zahn for sure) Pablo Hidalgo, Filoni, put them in a room, add a director + 1-2 script writers and go? I'm not saying do/use the books, I'm saying write new with this larger outline that either ignores small parts or focuses on this theme you'd like to get to.

(For instance if you were goin with Kylo-Rey but they aren't in the books, you'd be overwriting Jacen/Jaina so to speak, but you could use storylines they had dealt with, just with these new characters. That way you write new characters but have other pieces already in place.
Note how they've brought in Thrawn, but don't have to mention his other history that's been told for 20+ years)

believe or not there is a generation out there that LOVES the prequels.

They were born into star wars at that time just like we were born into the original trilogy or taught by our parents

In this day and age the garbage that was the sequel trilogy I doubt there will be a generation at all who give a **** about this trilogy ten years from now. Not when you have massive movie universes such as the mcu that can **** out movies better than any of the sequel trilogies movies.

disney needs to wash their hands from kathleen kennedy, rian johnson, jj abrams, and anything that has to do with this sequel trilogy.

anything going forward with their names on it will hurt the brand

this trilogy was so bad you have people who hated george lucas for cutting up the og trilogy and making the prequel trilogy begging for him to come back.

whatever movie trilogy they have going forward they need to map out all the movies and keep the same damn writers and directors throughout the saga whether it be in the past or future.

:lol:

Iono man, you know I love this franchise but if I got (basically) 6 consecutive prequels + the OG's bein ****ed with......iono. I don't know if I coulda handled more Midiclorians crap. I know some could have, but he could have really damaged stuff. Look at how he felt after 3. He took a beating. 3 more? Coulda been ugly.
Definitely. No doubt he's gonna purposely throw more **** at fans who hated what he just did but I did say just let him do the outline and story after the first movie. It'll be his last SW movie ended his way. From I'm thinking Disney has a legit fresh start. Timeskip a 100 years and do whatever you want with the Sith, Jedi, force sensitive, the Republic, Empire, etc. Maybe something different planet killing weapons.

**** would've sold great. Its the same hype Disney used in their ST. Fans who didnt mind all that stuff others hate would've ate up George reuniting with Harrison, Hamil, and Fisher to finish his SW story.

You already know there's a contingent of fans that didnt hate what George did or the prequels.

I'm just glad he sold, but KK screwed up writing off all the source material AND THEN complaining about not having any source material. :lol: :rofl: That's her biggest misstep so far.
This is why I feel like w/e George would've done with his ST couldnt have been worse than what he actually got in the Disney ST.

Anyway, hopefully Lucasfilm has learned their lesson and get things back on track for the future of SW movies.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom