Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I enjoyed the movie. I almost feel like the only people that didnt like it, didnt really watch the others.

Its a Star Wars movie..............It`s never been an Oscar worthy movie............It should never be taken as more than what it is. Enjoy the action, ignore the acting and bad dialogue and thats it, lol.
This is gonna be why Star Wars can never truly be great and really flourish in film. Settling for Fast & Furious/Fox-Men/DC superhero movie quality and using that excuse of turn part of your brain off and enjoy.

SW always ran the risk of that and now we're 9 movies in and its looking like a given.

Last edited:
Finn being force sensitive would of been a dope story from the beginning, instead they wasted him. Try to at least say he is for sure force sensitive and not have the audience decide.

*Able to do the right thing and not kill in the first film
*go back and save Rey
* try and go up against Kylo even though he was no match.
My dude looked good lighting up the saber :frown:

To me the entire 3rd act was heavy handed with it.

Oh I sense the satellite dish we need to take out is over there, I got this feeling that it's that star destroyer that will be guiding the fleet out of here since they're not using that dish anymore. I got a feeling we need to take out their main control room to really end this.

Matter of fact didn't he also sense when Rey temporarily died?

It was like Finn was in the room with them. If they hadn't shown those scenes it would've looked like Finn had full on precognition which I don't think has been displayed among force users other than Anakin having premonitions in the prequels.

To me it was wild obvious he was displaying some unique ability of the force.

Of course JJ says sone bull **** like he wanted to leave that up for interpretation in the last movie of the trilogy.

That's why I said my boy Boyega needs his own movies. Revamp the Finn character, keep Rey out the movie. Let dude go on a search to find his parents/where he came from or find somebody that can help him develop his force abilities.
Finn being force sensitive would of been a dope story from the beginning, instead they wasted him. Try to at least say he is for sure force sensitive and not have the audience decide.

*Able to do the right thing and not kill in the first film
*go back and save Rey
* try and go up against Kylo even though he was no match.
My dude looked good lighting up the saber :frown:

100% sure that Finn was made to be Force sensitive in TFA but Rian Johnson did nothing with it in TLJ. I'd like to see a stand alone Finn film with Janna and her squad finding their roots.

Remember I like the movie. But man each movie is so different it’s crazy and even JJ forgot. Never got an answer for why Maz had Anakin lightsaber. If Rey wasn’t a skywalker back then why did the lightsaber ignore Kylo and came to her?

giphy.gif

besides the Han shrug, it was cool to see Bens lightsaber style change from Kylos, had some more anakin-esque twirling. Good stuff for the 30 seconds the scene lasted:rolleyes

Last edited:
Remember I like the movie. But man each movie is so different it’s crazy and even JJ forgot. Never got an answer for why Maz had Anakin lightsaber. If Rey wasn’t a skywalker back then why did the lightsaber ignore Kylo and came to her?
Cuz Anakin loves Palpatine and has a stronger connection to Palp's granddaughter.

Duh.

This trailer makes me more emotional now than when we first saw it 4 years ago. This was better than the actual trilogy itself. THIS was Star Wars

“The Force is strong in my family...”

:smh: They has one ****ing job

I don’t need the ST fixed, I’m just not interested in any ST related content from here on out.

As far as I’m concerned Star Wars ends with ROTJ so I only care about the universe prior to that. Unless it’s a Mandalorian type show which explores the struggles of a post-empire society

so were all in agreement that the sequel trilogy was a giant rushed failure?

And that bringing in the old characters just to kill them all was a waste of time and backfired?

And whoever thought killing all of the original heroes before the last movie was a sadistic pile of ****?

So Yoda wanted to cover up Darth Tyrannus' role in the Clone Army and it indirectly led to the downfall of the Jedi Order/The Republic. That's why they had the inhibitor chips implanted in them to conduct Order 66. The Sith played chess while the Jedi played checkers.

Yup, foolish old men. I was hoping they'd show the next gen of Jedi learning and being smarter but they really didn't give Rey much aside from being powerful and Finn's infatuation. I don't know why the dark side always gotta have the last chess piece while the Jedi just seem to be like let's beat them with brute Force.

I enjoyed the movie. I almost feel like the only people that didnt like it, didnt really watch the others.

Its a Star Wars movie..............It`s never been an Oscar worthy movie............It should never be taken as more than what it is. Enjoy the action, ignore the acting and bad dialogue and thats it, lol.

Pretty sure Empire won the Osc for best movie :lol:

Back
Top Bottom