• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
smokin.gif

Last edited:
You cant start the prequels with Sith, you need to see how the seeds of fear, hate, and anger were planted in Anakin. You have to show his fall from Jedi to Sith. I'm not saying the way the prequels did it was the best way but it needs to be shown.

Starting a movie from right after Sith would make for a hell of an anthology film about Vader though. Star Wars 3.5.

Andy Serkis =
Supreme Leader Snoke
star_wars_sh01_h_067_v2.jpg

Darth Plagueis!!!

I'm very surprised this thread hasn't moved much, I've been away for a few weeks and haven't missed too much.

Can't wait for season two of Rebels, and still reading through Tarkin.

Walter..

You cant start the prequels with Sith, you need to see how the seeds of fear, hate, and anger were planted in Anakin. You have to show his fall from Jedi to Sith. I'm not saying the way the prequels did it was the best way but it needs to be shown.

Starting a movie from right after Sith would make for a hell of an anthology film about Vader though. Star Wars 3.5.
I agree with what was suggested.. I didn't really see it as starting with revenge of the sith..

but more using the clone wars stuff as the basis for the first and maybe 2nd movie(s).. so we see Anakin and obi-wan as 'buddy cops', per se.. so no child Anakin, maybe allude to things in his past (talk about him losing his mother.. let him show gratitude for obi-wan for rescuing him.. show friction with him and jedi counsel)

end of 2 he becomes vadar.. and 3 we actually see a young vadar and him getting deeper into the dark side

and that leaked stuff works for me.. as @CP1708  mentioned above, that stuff will probably be more fleshed out (just watch the 2nd teaser)

Darth Plagueis!!!

I'm very surprised this thread hasn't moved much, I've been away for a few weeks and haven't missed too much.

Can't wait for season two of Rebels, and still reading through Tarkin.

Walter..

Highly doubtful that is Plageuis.

Highly doubtful that is Plageuis.

Why so doubtful? Have you read Darth Plagueis?

Sure, the book isn't canon at the moment, but I think either parts of it will be, or the entire book itself will at some point be announced as canon. If you haven't read it, I suggest you do.. It actually makes watching the prequels more enjoyable.

Walter..

Oooooohhhh, you're so close. Come on, finish the thought.........

You admitting that Vader needs to be fleshed out better and more needs to be shown on film, like I have said 257 times in this thread, goes right along with George _______ come on, finish the sentence.......... :nerd: :lol:

It's ok, we're all friends here, say it with me brother :lol:

They're needs to be a movie taking place 2-5 years after RoTS focusing on Vader and his hunt against the Jedi. James Earl Jones would jump on the role too. If they don't take that opportunity :smh:

The leak doesn't make sense though. Particularly with Solo. Bits and pieces make sense but I think Luke's role is bigger

Why so doubtful? Have you read Darth Plagueis?

Sure, the book isn't canon at the moment, but I think either parts of it will be, or the entire book itself will at some point be announced as canon. If you haven't read it, I suggest you do.. It actually makes watching the prequels more enjoyable.

Walter..

I just don't see them restricting themselves to material that's no longer canon. They would be pigeon-holing themselves to the mass audiences who don't even remember who the hell Darth Plageuis is. Rey, Finn, Kylo Ren, Poe Dameron, etc. - they may be loosely based on EU characters but none of them share the same names with the likes of Jaina and Jacen Solo, Kyle Katarn, Jaden Korr, etc. Plagueis was killed before the Clone Wars in the existing canon. Isn't it a bit of a stretch to have him surviving 50+ years, sitting back and watching Palpatine orchestrate his plan without taking revenge, even in this Sci-Fi movie with magical elements such as the Force? And if you believe in any of the leaks, there has been no mention of Plagueis either.

I think as much as parts of the EU were enjoyable, we need to remove our pre-conceived notions that the new continuity will have any big characters from the old canon. Not only because a majority of viewers won't know who these characters are, but Disney dispelled the old canon because they wanted to start fresh, be creative + imaginative, and not be restrained to Legends material.

Last edited:
Has anyone read or plan on reading the new book, Heir to the Jedi? Wondering for if it may be worth the read.

Has anyone read or plan on reading the new book, Heir to the Jedi? Wondering for if it may be worth the read.

Haven't read it yet, but I absolutely will before December. I've read pretty much every book they've put out, and all of them have greatness in them, even if some of the books miss their marks. I'm sure this one will be no different.

Back
Top Bottom