Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
did they ever show anakin being the best fighter pilot in the galaxy? Is he even shown to be better than obiwan? 

other than "ill try spinning, thats a good trick!"

that 10 second tracking shot of Poe taking out 7 tie fighters >>>>>> anything anakin did

but i guess we should just assume that he was a great pilot off screen 

Did the OT ever state he was the best pilot in the galaxy? Real question, I don't remember that.

He won the Battle of Naboo in space when he was 10. **** are you talking about? :lol:

EDIT: Nevermind, that was Obi-Wan's line to Luke.

Last edited:
everything is "great" visually these days

people need to stop getting distracted at flashing lights and start demanding better scripts

jamie fox and rhino were laughable in the movie, you cant have a serious relationship story ark while the villains are cartoon characters. its a conflict of tone 

did they ever show anakin being the best fighter pilot in the galaxy? Is he even shown to be better than obiwan? 

that 10 second tracking shot of Poe taking out 7 tie fighters >>>>>> anything anakin did

Did the OT ever state he was the best pilot in the galaxy? Real question, I don't remember that.

He won the Battle of Naboo in space when he was 10. **** are you talking about?
laugh.gif

28 seconds in

umm he did a barrel roll and had no idea what he was doing. it was like the flying version of jar jar taking out a bunch of droids by falling down a lot.

do you really watch the BS that happens with a 10 year old in a space ship and it satisfies ben kenobi's statement? 

this isnt even a star wars problem its a movie problem

in any movie, what they did in the prequels is just a poor example of everything 

sea manup sea manup
No doubt. Its one reason why even though the og Superman loses the special effect on me these days, the movie is still a treasure to watch.

Yeah I miss the days when spaceships were plastic toys being thrown across a black blanket
its not about the special effects, its about the story and the characters

all movies have amazing special effects these days

the reason we continue to get recycled garbage blockbusters is that most people are okay with just watching a bunch of flashing lights for 2 hours and calling it a movie 

the reason we continue to get recycled garbage blockbusters is that most people are okay with just watching a bunch of flashing lights for 2 hours and calling it a movie 

I've seen some pretty damn good movies with some pretty damn good special effects lately

Starting to wonder if the only reason most fans enjoyed TFA is BECAUSE it's a copy/paste of A New Hope
it had likeable characters
better screen writing
better actors/performances
was actually funny
better action
no lazy cgi
a villain that is more than a unique lightsaber
characters from the OGs actually felt like the same character

TFA is better than the prequels in literally every way possible

the prequels are garbage as movies, not just as star wars movies 
I don't think he was comparing it to the prequels in that post :lol:

TFA is NOT better than ANH. At best it just has better cgi/visuals.

Last edited:

He won the Battle of Naboo in space when he was 10. **** are you talking about? :lol:

28 seconds in

umm he did a barrel roll and had no idea what he was doing. it was like the flying version of jar jar taking out a bunch of droids by falling down a lot.

do you really watch the BS that happens with a 10 year old in a space ship and it satisfies ben kenobi's statement? 

in any movie, what they did in the prequels is just a poor example of everything 

Did a barrel role? That's all he did? He flew into the enemy capital ship, avoiding fire from other enemy ships, blew it up from the inside, and escaped completely unharmed. Again, the **** are you talking about? He won that battle for Naboo. That's a fact.

I didn't say it satisfied the statement, I was making it in terms of you questioning whether or not he was a good pilot. A ten year old boy figured out how to fly a starfighter in the midst of a battle. We see him operating a number of different vehicles over the course of the PT, with the final ones being a Jedi Starfighter at the start of episode 3 where he's handling himself just fine in the battle, better than his mentor, and lands a starship that wasn't built to land. Not sure how there'd ever be a question as to whether he's a good pilot or not. :lol:

Last edited:
Most of the effects from the og trilogy still hold up today. Most all of the stunts with the falcon in space are unreal to this day if you know how it was done.

I've seen some pretty damn good movies with some pretty damn good special effects lately
but they are darn good MOVIES first

thats the point.

all movies these days NEED to have good special effects to sell

sadly not all movies need to be good movies to sell (see ASM series, transformers, prequels, hobbit)

special effects are a huge part to what makes a movie great, but a movie should never be based around special effects 

Most of the effects from the og trilogy still hold up today. Most all of the stunts with the falcon in space are unreal to this day if you know how it was done.
yup

its laughable when you compare the CGI jabba in the special editions to the actual Jabba

that whole bombing run at the end of ANH is outstanding 

It is funny how the prequel haters just can't let it go.

Go above and beyond coming at George.

Episode X: Return of the Prequel Hate
Said it before Lucas should've done one more movie before retirement set decades after the OT that has nothing to with Skywalker's or Solo's and make it Episode X just so the guys at Lucasfilm couldn't ignore it. After this trilogy they'd be forced to star with ep XI and try to connect with what he did.

Shouldn't have let the prequels be the last SW movies he made.

Look at you.
Bruh, you're the one that jumps at the chance to go in on the prequels and George at the drop of a dime :lol:

Look at you. At this point I think you're being trolled and are not aware.

It's time to let it go CP, all the curse words, vitriol and disrespect towards George aren't going to make the PT disappear.

Now that I think about it, this is almost mirroring the SW story. You steady letting that hate flow through you. Aint learn a damn thing form Yoda or Obi-Wan :smh:
it would be such a george lucas thing to do to create a episode 10 that just consists of two people sitting in a room talking about the worst possible plotpoints post episode 6 just to ruin everything :lol:
And the thing is you know the movie would've still did huge #s :lol:

Wonder if imma be making double post rants like this when I hit my 30s/40s and the youngins refuse to understand

I actually wondered the same thing after seeing TFA, whether or not PT fans and OT fans would start having arguments with ST fans, creating a new generational conflict. :lol:

He won the Battle of Naboo in space when he was 10. **** are you talking about?
laugh.gif

28 seconds in

Did a barrel role? That's all he did? He flew into the enemy capital ship, avoiding fire from other enemy ships, blew it up from the inside, and escaped completely unharmed. Again, the **** are you talking about? He won that battle for Naboo. That's a fact.

I didn't say it satisfied the statement, I was making it in terms of you questioning whether or not he was a good pilot. A ten year old boy figured out how to fly a starfighter in the midst of a battle. We see him operating a number of different vehicles over the course of the PT, with the final ones being a Jedi Starfighter at the start of episode 3 where he's handling himself just fine in the battle, better than his mentor, and lands a starship that wasn't built to land. Not sure how there'd ever be a question as to whether he's a good pilot or not.
laugh.gif
that whole sequence is stupid and makes 0 sense. this is not about star wars facts, this is about the ability of george lucas to make a good movie.

its not about what happened in the imaginary universe of star wars, its about what happened on screen and how it was very poorly executed by a terrible director.

he barely shows that he's a better pilot than obiwan, in fact the most impressive flying in the prequels was the silly scene where obiwan somehow manages to not get hit by the slave one even though it is shooting 6 blasts per second all coming within an inch of obiwans ship.

again, its not about the fact that obiwan was able to dodge all those blasts. its about how they way it was executed on screen was pure stupidity, which was one in a plethora of examples as to why these movies are garbage

28 seconds in

I didn't say it satisfied the statement, I was making it in terms of you questioning whether or not he was a good pilot. A ten year old boy figured out how to fly a starfighter in the midst of a battle. We see him operating a number of different vehicles over the course of the PT, with the final ones being a Jedi Starfighter at the start of episode 3 where he's handling himself just fine in the battle, better than his mentor, and lands a starship that wasn't built to land. Not sure how there'd ever be a question as to whether he's a good pilot or not. :lol:
that whole sequence is stupid and makes 0 sense. this is not about star wars facts, this is about the ability of george lucas to make a good movie.

its not about what happened in the imaginary universe of star wars, its about what happened on screen and how it was very poorly executed by a terrible director.

he barely shows that he's a better pilot than obiwan, in fact the most impressive flying in the prequels was the silly scene where obiwan somehow manages to not get hit by the slave one even though it is shooting 6 blasts per second all coming within an inch of obiwans ship.

again, its not about the fact that obiwan was able to dodge all those blasts. its about how they way it was executed on screen was pure stupidity, which was one in a plethora of examples as to why these movies are garbage

So basically it's not that he didn't show you, it's the fact that you didn't like what he showed you, which is something else entirely. Because within the films themselves it's pretty damn clear that Anakin's a good pilot. :lol: Flies at starfighter at the age of 10 with no prior experience, destroys a ship and wins a battle, flies multiple other ships over the course of the series, with the third film seeing him fly through and take part in another space battle, in which he's integral in rescuing the leader of the Republic, and he proceeds to land a massve ship that is not even supposed to land. I'll take all of that over Vader flying through a trench and shooting at Luke before he's blown away by Han's surprise attack.

Last edited:
Forgot about the fact that Anakin crash landed half of a gigantic flaming ship on a city planet :lol:

What do these dudes want famb :lol:

Last edited:
 So basically it's not that he didn't show you, it's the fact that you didn't like what he showed you, which is something else entirely. Because within the films themselves it's pretty damn clear that Anakin's a good pilot.
laugh.gif
there are examples of good piloting, the movie did not show anyone that anakin was the best. or even in the running for the best

there really isnt a clear difference between flying scenes with obiwan or anakin or fett

everyone is the same

[thread="512239"] [/thread]

So basically it's not that he didn't show you, it's the fact that you didn't like what he showed you, which is something else entirely. Because within the films themselves it's pretty damn clear that Anakin's a good pilot. :lol:
there are examples of good piloting, the movie did not show anyone that anakin was the best. or even in the running for the best

there really isnt a clear difference between flying scenes with obiwan or anakin or fett

everyone is the same

Which is what I said. I haven't defended Anakin being the best pilot in the galaxy because I don't think anyone in the series comes off well enough to earn that title honestly, but Anakin has clear feats to mark him as a good pilot, which you questioned.

Similar to the thing with killing Jedi, this also doesn't strike me as something extremely important. Vader's the same person as Anakin and did even less flying than Anakin, with the bit he did do being even less impressive. :lol: Seems by your standards even then he should've just been flying circles around everyone during the Death Star battle without any issue.

Forgot about the fact that Anakin crash landed half of a gigantic flaming ship on a city planet :lol:

What do these dudes want famb :lol:

Bruh I have no ******* idea. :lol: That is a legendary feat

Last edited:
My man really has no issue that the Galactic Republic can't overwhelm a blockade, but a little boy can roll up and out and he sees no issue with it.

:lol:

Lucas just got too full of himself and cought up in the cgi boom.
Actually just full of himself lol

Go to 45:42

you can tell the editors like *****

Back
Top Bottom