Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We'd be collecting nonexistent retirement benefits and GRR would be a Force Ghost before he could finish one, let alone three movies. His writing style is not all that. At least these two guys can head a big budget production.
Put me down for Old Republic stories.

8B9A10BA4CB4434B711553396FC0C19DF623A1E2

I like the video games 100x better than the movies, and I'm a person who RARELY plays video games.

The Old Republic era is ironically the most refreshing period in which to write and set Star Wars material.

You get several thousand years' worth of characters, scenarios, conflicts, and plots that any writer can create and have "fit".

With this new trilogy it's literally just Rebels/Empire all over again.

The characters are also much better than garbage @#$ Rey and Kylo Ren.

How do you go from Darth Nihilus to Kylo Ren? Star Wars usually has a strong villain that you can't help but root for. Now, it's a 30 year old man behaving like he's a 12 year old girl

Let me not get in to that :smh:

Anyway, since they just giving away trilogies, they need to give my boy Coogler his own trilogy.

We'd be collecting nonexistent retirement benefits and GRR would be a Force Ghost before he could finish one, let alone three movies. His writing style is not all that. At least these two guys can head a big budget production.
Put me down for Old Republic stories.

8B9A10BA4CB4434B711553396FC0C19DF623A1E2
Umm nobody said GRRM should write a movie.

Just that once they ran out of his writing their storytelling took a huge dip.

Also no need to confuse writing novels to writing a movie script. GRRM has penned plenty tv show episides in in his time many of which can be considered mini movies given a clear beginning middle and end.

Writing 90min to 3hr movies is easier than 500+ pg books.

I like the video games 100x better than the movies, and I'm a person who RARELY plays video games.

Same here. The video game story vids are epic.
Pick up the Art and Making of Star Wars: The Old Republic book and read any book set before the Old Trilogy. So much rich detail and material potential.

The Old Republic era is ironically the most refreshing period in which to write and set Star Wars material.

You get several thousand years' worth of characters, scenarios, conflicts, and plots that any writer can create and have "fit".

With this new trilogy it's literally just Rebels/Empire all over again.

Agreed.
I enjoy reading any books set before Old Trilogy and pretty much stop reading any books set after The New Jedi Order.

Darth Bane/the old Sith could easily get their own trilogy

Hell why not give Palpatine the third anthology movie? Why not tell the story of Darth Plagueis?

Why can't we get a movie from the perspective of the bad guys?

Bradford Young is an elite cinematographer, the trailer Solo looks great visually buuuuut...

You could find an actor to recast every single character in the star wars universe, EXCEPT for Han Solo, Harrison Ford has once in a generation level charisma....

I don't envy Alden Ehrenreich, big shoes to fill but I must say, the few clips of him in the trailer honestly seem like struggle city.

Looks to me like they are hiding Alden, which is a tough sell when he's play the title character. :lol:

[Lame] Bu, bu, bu, bu, but Luke Skywalker IS Star Wars........ [Lame]

:rofl: :rofl:

You are correct Kingdom, there is WAY more out there that can be done. New, or adapted.

Star Wars > Skywalkers

Bradford Young is an elite cinematographer, the trailer Solo looks great visually buuuuut...

You could find an actor to recast every single character in the star wars universe, EXCEPT for Han Solo, Harrison Ford has once in a generation level charisma....

I don't envy Alden Ehrenreich, big shoes to fill but I must say, the few clips of him in the trailer honestly seem like struggle city.

Looks to me like they are hiding Alden, which is a tough sell when he's play the title character. :lol:
I feel what you are saying about Solo but...

You wildin if you think they could recast Like Skywalker.

Unless it was him as a child.

You wildin if you think they could recast Like Skywalker.

Unless it was him as a child.

it's totally possible to find an actor who could have done a good a job as Mark Hamill, not saying it would be easy, but Mark Hammil not a generational talent like Harrison Ford.

Honestly old Mark Hammil is a more interesting screen presence than young mark hammil was.

I would've disagreed if we were just talking OT Luke but after seeing old man Luke its pretty cemented that Luke is Mark.

Cuz I felt for a long time that was who he was as an actor (especially for ppl who don't watch Batman cartoons) and that is pretty tenuous for a movie actor as opposed to a tv actor. It can be taken away easily.

it's totally possible to find an actor who could have done a good a job as Mark Hamill, not saying it would be easy, but Mark Hammil not a generational talent like Harrison Ford.

Honestly old Mark Hammil is a more interesting screen presence than young mark hammil was.
Ford is clearly a outstanding actor, and better actor than Hamill but in the context of Star Wars I don't see how that makes him the only non-expendable actor.

I think about it. If Ford's performance as Solo was not as good, how badly would that have hurt the series compared to if Hamill's performance was weak.

The stakes on Hamill's role we're bigger imo.

Three very good young actors have tried to play the young conflict Jedi role since Hamill. None of them have come close to be as good as he was.

Sure we can say the Ford's performance was better. But I think it is a reach to argue someone else could pull off Luke Skywalker just as well.

Mark Hamill may not be a generational talent, but he was born to play that role.

Last edited:
Ford is clearly a outstanding actor, and better actor than Hamill but in the context of Star Wars I don't see how that makes him the only non-expendable actor.

I think about it. If Ford's performance as Solo was not as good, how badly would that have hurt the series compared to if Hamill's performance was weak.

The stakes on Hamill's role we're bigger imo.

Three very good young actors have tried to play the young conflict Jedi role since Hamill. None of them have come close to be as good as he was.

Sure we can say the Ford's performance was better. But I think it is a reach to argue someone else could pull off Luke Skywalker just as well.

Mark Hamill may not be a generational talent, but he was born to play that role.

Im not talking strictly acting.

Harrison has unbelievable charisma and a unique screen presence.

Harrison is a movie star. Mark Hammil is a good actor.There are many good actors, there aren't that many movie stars.

Im not talking strictly acting.

Harrison has unbelievable charisma and a unique screen presence.

Harrison is a movie star. Mark Hammil is a good actor.There are many good actors, there aren't that many movie stars.
Brah, What the hell does that have to do with him being the only non expendable actor in the Star Wars universe?

Last edited:
Funny thing I just read which is relevant

Al Pacino actually was originally offered the role of Han Solo but he turned it down because he didn't understand the script :lol:

Funny thing I just read which is relevant

Al Pacino actually was originally offered the role of Han Solo but he turned it down because he didn't understand the script :lol:

he may have gifted solo with better negotiation skills dealing with jabba tho...
make jabba an offer he can not refuse :lol: jabba wake up with a severed tauntaun head in his bed

"Solo!!!!!!!!!"

Al Pacino is not a generational talent doe.

He is not a charismatic movie star like Ford :lol:

Second sentence I agree with, but First sentence is kinda curious.

"Pacino has had a career spanning over five decades, during which time he has received numerous accolades and honors both competitive and honorary, among them an Academy Award, two Tony Awards, two Primetime Emmy Awards, a British Academy Film Award, four Golden Globe Awards, the Lifetime Achievement Award from the American Film Institute, the Golden Globe Cecil B. DeMille Award, and the National Medal of Arts. He is also one of few performers to have won a competitive Oscar, an Emmy, and a Tony Award for acting, dubbed the "Triple Crown of Acting"."

giphy.gif

Second sentence I agree with, but First sentence is kinda curious.

"Pacino has had a career spanning over five decades, during which time he has received numerous accolades and honors both competitive and honorary, among them an Academy Award, two Tony Awards, two Primetime Emmy Awards, a British Academy Film Award, four Golden Globe Awards, the Lifetime Achievement Award from the American Film Institute, the Golden Globe Cecil B. DeMille Award, and the National Medal of Arts. He is also one of few performers to have won a competitive Oscar, an Emmy, and a Tony Award for acting, dubbed the "Triple Crown of Acting"."

giphy.gif
I was being sarcastic with that post

Yeah Pacino is a great actor that'll go down as a great.

But the whole charismatic movie star is a different sort of special in movies.

Ford's Solo and Jones is a different thing than Pacino's Corleone and Montana.

Back
Top Bottom