Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As much as I’d love a cartoon series after ROTJ, I wouldn’t mind if it took place after TLJ. I believe there’ll be about a 5-10 year jump for Ep. IX so why not have a show finally lead into a film for once?

That Range Trooper is definitely pimpin'. I do really like this guy though. He looks like a more armored Scout Trooper. Patrol Trooper, maybe?

27972564_10103994810769245_1423482281242077695_n.jpg

All in for Filoni. I enjoyed both TFA and TLJ but acknowledge the new era of saga films can use one person's vision from a story perspective.

Seen Kristian Harloff make a point similar to this before, but I think Filoni should be the Feige of Star Wars.

In interviews I've read, and I can't claim this to be true, but it just feels like they're rolling along as it goes. Each director has a little too much control of each respected movie and no real vision of how it should be going in the long run...

Filoni would kill it as that Executive Producer to the Star Wars movies.

I was jus about to say Filoni should be the K.Feige for the Star Wars universe.

Wish he could control a lil bit of Rian Johnson’s new trilogy too

No clue who Filoni is and I watched it 3 min ig the vid so far but in this curre t social climate I find it to be nothing but Tarkin trap to be making the argument that this woman in charge shouldn't be and this dude should get the job :lol:

No way in Hades/Sheol/Hel Disney does that from an optics standpoint.

Whether dude is right or wrong (and I'm not really sure he's right cuz to me Kathleen hasn't made a decision detrimental to the franchise yet. Just picked ppl she thought would do their best. At worst she's 1 for 3 with the threat of being 1 for 4 by May. I'd wait until she really hits her stride. A lot of yall seemed to like who she gave trilogies to and whom is rumored to direct some of the potential movies) about the creative direction nobody is gonna can her at Disney with the money she's raking in. A SW movie would have to start underperforming like DCEU movies.

Last edited:
Filoni understand Star Wars better than anybody not named George Lucas.

He should definitely be the one running things with Star Wars.

Ok I just looked Filoni up. Apparently he's an animation director, writer, producer, etc. that has done a good deal of great SW shows.

But nah :lol:

This reminds me of the DCEU thread now where for a couple pages ppl were wishing in vein that Bruce Timm got some creative control over the DCEU since all he does is make great DC animated movies (anf classic shows in the past) for the most part.

However, the hierarchy is in the multiple divisions of a multimedia company there's really no chance Filoni gets this job unless he has the juice or ppl that do backing him.

Filoni isn't just an animating director or writer. He literally worked side by side for about 8 years developing and creating the Clone Wars series. He was George Lucas's protege. If you've ever watched any interviews with him, he constantly refers to things that were taught by him directly from George. He has the most inside knowledge to what George was thinking when he was creating Star Wars. Dude knows Star Wars like nobody.

It's true the man does know George Lucas inside and out. George has high praise for Dave you can even see it when they were at celebration together

I'm fine with either, Kathleen or Filoni, either way the franchise is in great hands and won't run out of content anytime soon.

And Disney knew this the whole time. Lucas got fleeced, no matter how crazy that might sound.

I'm fine with either, Kathleen or Filoni, either way the franchise is in great hands and won't run out of content anytime soon.

Anybody can do content, but it's the quality and care that this franchise seems to be missing. With the PT being what they are in peoples eyes, Disney was supposed to bring SW back to greatness. I'm sure people can defend that Disney has done that with the amount of money they raked in but like Master Zik Master Zik said, they're literally only 1 for 4 right now:smh:

Star Wars "should" be on par with Marvel in knocking out home runs one after another. With people talking positively about the them. Instead, Star Wars movies are just a tad above DC ones where you have to defend them to the majority of people.

I know Disney made 1.3 Billy off TLJ, but in all honesty it could have made and should have made more...especially with one of its saga films...

No clue who Filoni is............

I'd wait until she really hits her stride.

No disrespect, but those two points just really blew my mind. Even if you didn't know who dude was or his background, would any movie franchise tolerate a 1 for 3, maybe 1 for 4 success rate (subjective)? How much longer do we wait until she really hits her stride and comes up with a less divisive coherent message? Marvel almost 20 movies is just rocking and rolling.

And this coming from a lifelong Star Wars fan who loved R1, thought TFA was a rehash and TLJ had its moments but bit weak. But I see your point as remember Batman had highs and lows since the beginning.

LrL5QL7.gif

No disrespect, but those two points just really blew my mind. Even if you didn't know who dude was or his background, would any movie franchise tolerate a 1 for 3, maybe 1 for 4 success rate (subjective)?
If 2 of the 3 movies made a billi, yes. We've seen studios accept a lot less.
How much longer do we wait until she really hits her stride and comes up with a less divisive coherent message?
I want to say after this current trilogy is over given 2 pairs of trilogies have been given the green Light but the next 4 movies would be a fair assessment (anthology movies included.

Marvel almost 20 movies is just rocking and rolling.
Disney's Marvel studios is currently THE BEST doing it for the past 10 years and they're ahead of everyone else by light years. LIGHT YEARS. Its fine as a fan to want Star Wars to be the best but looking at the 9 SW movies Lucasfilm has released in its history that isn't a fair comparison. You can't rationally complain that your good team isn't as great as the championship team.

And this coming from a lifelong Star Wars fan who loved R1, thought TFA was a rehash and TLJ had its moments but bit weak. But I see your point as remember Batman had highs and lows since the beginning.

LrL5QL7.gif
That would be a good comparison although not a shared universe. Batman fans expect greatness and rightfully so but they've taken their lumps considerably and still kinda are. But like SW fans they can seek greatness in other mediums (animation, comics, books, etc.)

To me although she isn't doing an amazing job I still want to wait and see. She already has a ton of pressure and attention on her to succeed on both sides (financially and quality wise). It can be glossed over but nobody knew who Kevin Feige was the first 4 MCU movies. They didn't bust out of the gate with a GotG, BP, and Winter Soldier. We were all in wait and see mode. There was a spark with the Incredible Hulk and Iron Man shared universe connection, IM was a real great start but then came First Avenger, Thor, and IM2. Even amongst the competition nothing to rave about. Avengers is where it all came together.

But I do see the flipside of it. Given I'm not the biggest SW fan. I've only loved Rogue 1 so far while TFA was a rehash and while I enjoyed TFJ it has its problems as an outright film. I can understand that not being good enough.

Last edited:
Filoni isn't just an animating director or writer. He literally worked side by side for about 8 years developing and creating the Clone Wars series. He was George Lucas's protege. If you've ever watched any interviews with him, he constantly refers to things that were taught by him directly from George. He has the most inside knowledge to what George was thinking when he was creating Star Wars. Dude knows Star Wars like nobody.
I'm pretty sure that pic of him in the vid is the first time I've ever seen the guy. And I was never that interested to watch interviews about SW or any of the shows.

I would ask though how come he wasn't ever brought on to write or direct a SW movie if he's George's protege? Like literal protege as in he's been under his tutelage and groomed to be a director and tell SW stories?

Back
Top Bottom