Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soooo I spoiled Solo for myself.....

Intrigued. I see you Kathleen, you still ain’t **** though and ruined Star Wars.

Crime boss Darth Maul, kinda cool

Possible Solo movie full plot synopsis from subReddit.

1JH6.gif

The Spoilers don’t bother me and I’ve always had the gut feeling that it is what it is with this movie.

My anticipation was always on the low side and I never expected anything more than just a “solo” side movie with not much at stake anyways.

So NYCC is just about 5 months away, so might as well start building an ESB Fett so I’m not rocking the same costume two days in a row like the previous years:lol:

61CAB159-B7B5-4811-9F24-49DAF4CB6751.jpeg

I wish I had the resources to do this. Ive been wanting to get a Han Solo together for halloween, etc. for years. Funny thing that I always run into your IG when browsing the explore page. I'm gonna have to just go ahead and follow you haha.

I wish I had the resources to do this. Ive been wanting to get a Han Solo together for halloween, etc. for years. Funny thing that I always run into your IG when browsing the explore page. I'm gonna have to just go ahead and follow you haha.

No pressure to follow, but always appreciated when people do:lol:

But yeah, wanting a Fett for Halloween was also my initial goal wayyy back in the beginning too until I realized how much money was going into this thing. Then, you realize it’s just “safer” and so much less of a hassle to just be a Jabbawockee for Halloween parties:lol:

Reviews:

THR:

Despite the intermittent lags, the production proves to be more than a salvage operation thanks mainly to those engagingly choreographed performances, led by an irresistibly charismatic title turn from Alden Ehrenreich who ultimately claims Solo as his own even if he doesn’t entirely manage to convince us he’s Harrison Ford.

Collider:

Solo is technically a Star Wars movie, but it’s one that has set pieces in place of a personality. It’s a film whose base level is “fine”. Despite some unique cinematography from Bradford Young, Ron Howard’s direction is staid, stolid, and completely without personality, which is a problem when your movie is the story of a young rogue like Han Solo. Solo doesn’t do anything egregiously wrong, but it doesn’t do much right, either.

The Wrap:

Solo” is less a movie than it’s that page in Highlights Magazine that makes you feel good for finding the chair and the bicycle in the hidden picture. As an intergalactic adventure, it’s mostly adequate, with some very successful elements, but if you stripped the “Star Wars” names and places and put it into the world as a free-standing sci-fi-action movie, it’s doubtful that it would spawn much excitement, let alone sequels.

Mashable:

Your mileage may vary, but it took this reviewer about seven minutes to decide she was fully on board with this version of Han. Which is fortunate, because Solo really only works if you care a whole lot about Han... For once, this is a Star Wars movie that's more interested in the small picture than the big one. Solo is the most intimate, ground-level Star Wars movie we've ever gotten, and the visuals are correspondingly gritty and grimy.

Variety:

Though burdened with a slow start and enough thirsty fan-service to power Comic-Con’s Hall H for a decade, it has a kicky, kinetic heist movie at its heart, and its action sequences are machine-tooled spectacles of the first order. Its performances, starting with Alden Ehrenreich as the young Han Solo and extending to the film-stealing Donald Glover as his wily frenemy Lando Calrissian, are consistently entertaining. And thanks to cinematographer Bradford Young, “Solo”
allows for moments of real grit and something approaching interstellar realism amid all of the expectedly topnotch VFX.

The Guardian:

Solo: A Star Wars Story moreover has a glorious origin myth meet-cute to set up one of cinema’s greatest bromances: the stoic wookiee Chewbacca and the insolently handsome freebooting rebel pilot Han Solo – and Alden Ehrenreich absolutely crushes the role to powder, swaggeringly reviving the memory of the young Harrison Ford’s romantic gallantry. And there’s another meet-cute, come to think of it: the love that flowers between man and machine, between the reckless pilot and the sleekly iconic Millennium Falcon.

The Verge:

But like its title character pulling off a crazy scheme just in the nick of time, Solo is a swashbuckling success, a space adventure that pays homage to the DNA of the original films while carving out its own unique space in the canon. It’s a sheer delight, but it also has the courage to explore the darker aspects of a character who could have all too easily been polished to an inoffensive, family-friendly Disney sheen. Solo represents the most refined iteration yet of the new Disney / Lucasfilm formula — and cements longtime series screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan’s place as the defining voice of the Star Wars universe.

EW:

Speaking of Glover, it’s no spoiler to say that the Atlanta star is easily the best thing in this good-not-great movie. More than any big action set piece or narrative double cross (and there are plenty of them thanks to a smooth crime boss played by Paul Bettany), it’s Glover’s mack-daddy, Colt 45 swagger as the rakish gambler formerly played by Billy Dee Williams that will be the thing you’ll be buzzing about after the lights come up (well, that and how much you’d rather see his standalone origin story). Unlike most of the recent Star Wars films, Solo feels more like a character study than an epic sci-fi adventure. The Empire is present, but mostly as a presence felt rather than seen.

Empire:

Ultimately, this is a different kind of Star Wars film to any that have gone before, with only hints of the main saga’s bigger fate-of-the-galaxy picture. And while that means the story lacks the depth some might crave, it still offers plenty of fun, and (impressively for a prequel) the odd surprise along the way. Punch it, Chewie.

Total Film:

And Ehrenreich? He pretty much nails it, cleaving close enough to Harrison Ford’s voice and mannerisms, swagger and heart, that you actually begin to think he looks like a young Ford the more the movie goes on. Don’t expect this movie to fly solo – a flyboy franchise is a guarantee.

ET:

Much like Han Solo himself, the film isn't without flaws, but none stem from actor Alden Ehrenreich's portrayal of the iconic outlaw. Any apprehensions should quickly melt away, as the 28-year-old captures Han Solo's roguish charm without impersonating Harrison Ford. As you might expect, Glover's take on the suave Lando Calrissian (and his many capes) is the scene-stealer throughout. In fact, some of the biggest laughs of any Star Wars film to date come courtesy of Lando and his sassy droid and co-pilot, L3-37 (Phoebe Waller-Bridge). Let's just say she is...not shy.

/Film:

Ultimately, Solo is a hell of a lot of fun. That fun is the result of the actors and the characters they play. At the center of it all is Alden Ehrenreich, who makes Han Solo his own. Is Ehrenreich a modern-day Harrison Ford? Absolutely not, and that’s okay. The Han here isn’t the Han we met in A New Hope. He’s younger; funnier; more cocky. And Ehrenreich knows just how to play him – with a sense of wide-eyed optimism slowly being eroded away by reality.

Roger Ebert.com:

As unnecessary prequels go, "Solo: A Star Wars Story" isn't bad. It's not great, either, though—and despite spirited performances, knockabout humor, and a few surprising or rousing bits, there's something a bit too programmed about the whole thing.

I read some of more than half of those reviews.

Seems like they should've done something bold at the start of the movie like have Han get in an altercation with a mugger and have him shoot (and kill) first.

No pressure to follow, but always appreciated when people do:lol:

But yeah, wanting a Fett for Halloween was also my initial goal wayyy back in the beginning too until I realized how much money was going into this thing. Then, you realize it’s just “safer” and so much less of a hassle to just be a Jabbawockee for Halloween parties:lol:

Building a favorite complete Star Wars character outfit is one of the most time consuming but rewarding experiences. TheRPF message board is a good place to start. Also a licensed commercial option through Anovos is available:
https://www.anovos.com/collections/anovos-signature-line .

Money & Time is a BIG issue with the company. They took multi years to produce and deliver my ATAT Driver and Snowtrooper orders. But quality is amazing.
Did my TIE Pilot as summer project way back in day with the help of local Bay Area prop masters. Bought the plastic, pulled the molds and finished from scratch.
Good Luck when you decide to jump start project.

IMG_0030.JPG

IMG_3304.JPG

See, when opie cunningham was hired to finish Solo, I was afraid he was waaay to vanilla for the job considering this was Solo whose all about attitude & having that steelo... Ole dude at Collider said in his critque of the movie, "Despite some unique cinematography from Bradford Young, Ron Howard’s direction is staid, stolid, and completely without personality, which is a problem when your movie is the story of a young rogue like Han Solo."

http://collider.com/solo-movie-review/

When you have a cast with Woody Harrelson & Donald Glover, a Solo move should scream personality & attitude... >D

Lando is getting a spinoff film

"While speaking to reporters following the premiere of Solo at the Cannes Film Festival, Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy revealed, “We think that the next spin-off will be dedicated to Lando Calrissian. Of course, there are still many stories to tell about Han and Chewbacca, but Lando will be next.”

See, when opie cunningham was hired to finish Solo, I was afraid he was waaay to vanilla for the job considering this was Solo whose all about attitude & having that steelo... Ole dude at Collider said in his critque of the movie, "Despite some unique cinematography from Bradford Young, Ron Howard’s direction is staid, stolid, and completely without personality, which is a problem when your movie is the story of a young rogue like Han Solo."

http://collider.com/solo-movie-review/

When you have a cast with Woody Harrelson & Donald Glover, a Solo move should scream personality & attitude... >D
This is what I figured, it would be a "clean" film. Would've loved to see what the other dudes were planning.

I like the symbols you put on the mohawk:pimp:

As far as all these Solo reviews, this seems par for the course for what I was expecting. If you're excited for this film, you'll probably like it. If you go in hating already, this movie won't win you over either.

Unfortunately, it looks like it'll just be a middle of the road "safe" popcorn flick which means it'll probably be forgettable in the long run. And that's a damn shame.

I like the symbols you put on the mohawk:pimp:

Bit outside regulations, but I just had to personalize the outfit to my liking. You could get away with those things back in the early 2000s with Garrison leadership support. Also before the 501st Legion's Jolly Rogers Squadron, there used to be a big number of Pilots outside in a group now defunct called the Omega Wing that allowed customization.

-Had a friend write out my name in Chinese for the ID plate.
-Used sunglass lenses for the reflective mirror look. That custom became a hit with many latter Pilots after going viral on the English guy Jez's starwarshelmets.com .
-Have a sticker of my Name Chop (old school Chinese thing) on chestbox, back helmet and side chest armor.
-Added metal heel plate & toe taps to the German military boots. Extra Hugo Boss.

wuchi01 wuchi01 That’s dope. The only mod I did was cut off two of the three hoses on my right arm gauntlet. 3 makes it such a ***** to move the arm:lol: and I leave the shin tools at the crib bc little kids seem to be attracted to trying to grab them,lol

You should come out to the next Celebration, bro. I know a lot of folks are disappointed it’s not in Anaheim/Orlando, but it is what it is.

7A8669C3-FE01-46E8-95B6-97CE8AD1D8FB.jpeg

Lando is getting a spinoff film

"While speaking to reporters following the premiere of Solo at the Cannes Film Festival, Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy revealed, “We think that the next spin-off will be dedicated to Lando Calrissian. Of course, there are still many stories to tell about Han and Chewbacca, but Lando will be next.”
Should've been the movie instead of Han altogether.

Back
Top Bottom