Starting first job ever at Champs.

Some customers will be easy to help but majority will be borderline annoying.

Hopefully your co-twerkers are cool because they're you're main support/work homies.

Don't scare away the honey's by spittin at em unless you got supreme game.

Expect to work but be bored after a couple months, I assume you're going to try to be a good employee (That's why having cool co-workers is most important)

Take advantage of any perks of the job (ie: discounts, hustlin shoes for friends/friends of friends)

Jobs like these are how you make it so do what you got to do to perform your job with a smile on your face and positive attitude. Jobs like this are also really not that serious.

$hmop

1. You're going to get yambs cuz your discount.
2. You're going to be popular
3.you're. Going to have people ask you about shoes constantly
4. You're going to not have the same passion for shoes when you leave the job
5. You're not going to make a lot of money cuz they tightened up on your ability to side hustle.

welcome to the club . . . here's some random things . . .

- when it comes down to it, the job is customer service / sales. I say "customer service" FIRST before "sales". That's just my thing. You can have all the shoe knowledge / product knowledge / insider news in the world, but if you're not friendly or not approachable or don't have good social skills and just can't talk to people, you're not going to sell much or develop loyal customers who'll go out of their way to buy at your store or buy from you specifically.

- know what's in stock. at the beginning of your shift, walk the floor and see what's new. get to know your back room, what's located where, what's on the sales floor and what's not on the sales floor. if someone asks you have anymore of this in the back, you'll already know and you can save the sale.

- try stuff on. new shoe comes in, i try it on. jerseys, clothes, try it on. so when a mom asks i'm buying for my son, he's about your height, then I say, oh, well I'm a size so-and-so. or someone maybe like how does this shoe fit and you can say, it's a little narrow, it's softer than so-and-so, you might want to try this one.

Last edited:
4. You're going to not have the same passion for shoes when you leave the job.

this
My boy worked at foot locker for like 6 months before deciding to quit. He didn't have the same outlook on kicks as he once used to once he left. And this was the man that put me up on game when he handed me down his white/royal blue 18s back in the day. :smh:

Somewhat related to the thread but, do Champs check the size of the shoe in the box when returning them?

Somewhat related to the thread but, do Champs check the size of the shoe in the box when returning them?

you're supposed to . . . but there's a lot of Champs stores and lot of Champs employees so you never know what kind of person you're gonna get behind the register . . .

Get ready to acquire Yambz

They sell Snapbackz

But no foamz

They sell Snapbackz

ugh, i'm so not feeling this whole snapback revival . . . it should have stayed buried in the 80's. fitted is the only way to go . . . classic and timeless . . .

Not sure if your store has a dedicated stock person or not, but if you're new your managers are probably gonna make you do a lot of receiving to start off with. It's not necessarily a bad thing because it really teaches you how the stockroom is organized and where everything is.

Last edited:
learn your departments . . . 01 - bball, 02 - training, 03 - running, 04 - lifestyle, 07 - kids, 09 - womens, etc . . .

learn your sneakers names (as well as current street names) so you don't have to search the stock room by SKU and can just scan the shelves for a shoe . . .

Nike color codes are the last 3 digits of the SKU . . . (someone might ask, I need an Air Max 2012 in an 11, color code 701 . . .)

SWAT - sell what's available today . . . if you can't find the size or style the customer is looking for in the back, don't come back empty handed, bring back something similar that he might like that's in stock today . . .

display shoes are ALWAYS left shoes . . .

Back
Top Bottom