Staten Island man dies after NYPD cop puts him in chokehold

Then you just hate cops if you don't see the difference between a cop getting shot in the head trying to protect others (assuming it is a non-crooked cop) and some average joe dying from lets say a heart attack

Why does it have to be an extreme where I "hate cops" for? That word hate is a total reach. There's been threads where the suspect is totally in the wrong and I've defended the cops use of force in those situations.

Why can't we look at each situation individually rather then make foolish assumptions that a person "hates cops" or is a "cop lover"

I have no emotional attachment towards a cop that gets killed in the line of fire nor a person who dies from a stroke. I don't know either of them personally to have an attachment like that. Their both equals to me. Ill give them sympathy and my respects but they both have distraught loved ones and family who are hurt and torn apart by their loss. Why should I devalue the person who died from a stroke and feel that his life and his family aren't as important as the cop shot in the line of duty when I have no emotional attachment to either of them.

I would love to be on some vigilante type life and just snipe all these crooked cops when they are saying bye to their wives in the morning.

Pieces of doodoo, got a million and one dangerous crimes and criminals that are actually harming society and they out here being tough guys on the weak and innocent.

F em all.

ACAB
ACAB
ACAB
ACAB

Wish I can catch one with out their badge on and uniform willing to fight.

America the land of the revolutionaries and yet they have become the most complacent nation with regards to government and society

Last edited:
I would love to be on some vigilante type life and just snipe all these crooked cops when they are saying bye to their wives in the morning.

Pieces of doodoo, got a million and one dangerous crimes and criminals that are actually harming society and they out here being tough guys on the weak and innocent.

F em all.

ACAB
ACAB
ACAB
ACAB

Wish I can catch one with out their badge on and uniform willing to fight.

America the land of the revolutionaries and yet they have become the most complacent nation with regards to government and society
what's stopping you?

disgusting 
mean.gif

Sad story and I hope the family of the victim finds some sorta of justice.

Now I have learned to recognize that there is two types of people;one group for the the judicial system and the other who aren't for it for whatever reasons.
Typically the people for the system which is in place usually have a narrow view point and a line that they draw themselves where you are either doing something against the law or something unacceptable to them.There's no grey area with them.
Then you have the people who aren't against nor for the legal system in no way shape or form and the police just happen to be the ones who take up a lot of the misguided hatred that's directed at a system that is terrible flawed.Also the notion that there are good and bad cops is bogus because as long as we our humans there will be errors in judgement and decision making as we witness all of the time across this country and I always ask people who like to toss out there that there are good cops;ok,what are the good cops doing when the bad cops are doing injustice to someone?right.

That's where I stand,not for or against cops per se and trust me I've experienced my fair share of unnecessary bias bs from cops but that's because I recognize that it's the laws and that system that upholds the laws that is the problem and their not changing the laws their actually creating new laws every other day.Those laws are solely directed at a certain demographic but the net that they are tossing out there is so wide that it's effecting certain individuals it used to didn't reach and some of the reaction fall on deaf ears but I've been paying attention to Robert the typical white suburban kid who is on the radar of the local cops for whatever reason.Will that alone be enough to see some changes?I don't know but it is making people think,to the point where weed is not that serious for some under age kid to be in possession of .

It's a bigger battle and the police know it and so do the unions that they control,politics just in the lowest form they don't have briefcases but guns,they don't talk but their always represented in some form or fashion in our government.

Land Lords,Lords of the Land(who owns the land?or enough it to matter the very wealthy they typically don't have any problems with police,seldomly if at all)....that whole era and history look that up

Peace

The fact remains anyone who hates the police has something to hide.

:rolleyes

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...-garner-stripped-shield-gun-article-1.1873033

New video shows the aftermath a little clearer. The cop with the choke hold and green shirt waves at the camera after standing around shooting the **** with other officers after he killed that man. (end of video). Another lies and say he's breathing after no CPR attempts. Disgusting. Thugs with guns.

I had one tell my groups of friends last night, and I quote, "I am the law".

/thread.

Last edited:
:lol:  "Captain hindsight"

Sorry bud but its common sense and shouldn't require hindsight.

He was perfectly sober it appeared and obviously he knew he had a medical condition and wasn't in the best of health... If he really did nothing wrong, then he'd take a ride to the station and be released without suffering a major health complication.  But no, he decided to fight back when a half dozen cops were standing right there.

I'm not saying they didn't do anything wrong here, as I'm sure most of you are assuming.

My entire point is that if a cop is about to put you in cuffs, just let them.  Otherwise you're creating a whole new set of problems for yourself.

Under NO CIRCUMSTANCE should they have the ability to restrain you to a point that would effect your health. That is the point, also why would i be willing to be criminalized embarrased and treated like a criminal if i know i did nothing wrong in the first place. Why is there five cops jumping on a man in the first place.

I think his size played a factor in why they took the actions they did

For all you folks that's on that "you should just let w cop detain you unnecessarily...

Posted on Tariq Nasheeds page this morning...

Check it out...

“Citizens may resist unlawful arrest to the point of taking an arresting officer's life if necessary.” Plummer v. State, 136 Ind. 306. This premise was upheld by the Supreme Court of the United States in the case: John Bad Elk v. U.S., 177 U.S. 529. The Court stated: “Where the officer is killed in the course of the disorder which naturally accompanies an attempted arrest that is resisted, the law looks with very different eyes upon the transaction, when the officer had the right to make the arrest, from what it does if the officer had no right. What may be murder in the first case might be nothing more than manslaughter in the other, or the facts might show that no offense had been committed.”

“An arrest made with a defective warrant, or one issued without affidavit, or one that fails to allege a crime is within jurisdiction, and one who is being arrested, may resist arrest and break away. lf the arresting officer is killed by one who is so resisting, the killing will be no more than an involuntary manslaughter.” Housh v. People, 75 111. 491; reaffirmed and quoted in State v. Leach, 7 Conn. 452; State v. Gleason, 32 Kan. 245; Ballard v. State, 43 Ohio 349; State v Rousseau, 241 P. 2d 447; State v. Spaulding, 34 Minn. 3621.

“When a person, being without fault, is in a place where he has a right to be, is violently assaulted, he may, without retreating, repel by force, and if, in the reasonable exercise of his right of self defense, his assailant is killed, he is justified.” Runyan v. State, 57 Ind. 80; Miller v. State, 74 Ind. 1.

“These principles apply as well to an officer attempting to make an arrest, who abuses his authority and transcends the bounds thereof by the use of unnecessary force and violence, as they do to a private individual who unlawfully uses such force and violence.” Jones v. State, 26 Tex. App. I; Beaverts v. State, 4 Tex. App. 1 75; Skidmore v. State, 43 Tex. 93, 903.

“An illegal arrest is an assault and battery. The person so attempted to be restrained of his liberty has the same right to use force in defending himself as he would in repelling any other assault and battery.” (State v. Robinson, 145 ME. 77, 72 ATL. 260).

“Each person has the right to resist an unlawful arrest. In such a case, the person attempting the arrest stands in the position of a wrongdoer and may be resisted by the use of force, as in self- defense.” (State v. Mobley, 240 N.C. 476, 83 S.E. 2d 100).

“One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

I'm for knowing your rights, but you take an officers life your not making it to the court house.
i dig...

I'm just :smh: @ folks who just feel it's aight for cops to harass you....

Like... Those guys are supposed to protect and serve EVERY ONE

not just a select few

For all you folks that's on that "you should just let w cop detain you unnecessarily...

Check it out...
“Citizens may resist unlawful arrest to the point of taking an arresting officer's life if necessary.” Plummer v. State, 136 Ind. 306. This premise was upheld by the Supreme Court of the United States in the case: John Bad Elk v. U.S., 177 U.S. 529. The Court stated: “Where the officer is killed in the course of the disorder which naturally accompanies an attempted arrest that is resisted, the law looks with very different eyes upon the transaction, when the officer had the right to make the arrest, from what it does if the officer had no right. What may be murder in the first case might be nothing more than manslaughter in the other, or the facts might show that no offense had been committed.”

“An arrest made with a defective warrant, or one issued without affidavit, or one that fails to allege a crime is within jurisdiction, and one who is being arrested, may resist arrest and break away. lf the arresting officer is killed by one who is so resisting, the killing will be no more than an involuntary manslaughter.” Housh v. People, 75 111. 491; reaffirmed and quoted in State v. Leach, 7 Conn. 452; State v. Gleason, 32 Kan. 245; Ballard v. State, 43 Ohio 349; State v Rousseau, 241 P. 2d 447; State v. Spaulding, 34 Minn. 3621.

“When a person, being without fault, is in a place where he has a right to be, is violently assaulted, he may, without retreating, repel by force, and if, in the reasonable exercise of his right of self defense, his assailant is killed, he is justified.” Runyan v. State, 57 Ind. 80; Miller v. State, 74 Ind. 1.

“These principles apply as well to an officer attempting to make an arrest, who abuses his authority and transcends the bounds thereof by the use of unnecessary force and violence, as they do to a private individual who unlawfully uses such force and violence.” Jones v. State, 26 Tex. App. I; Beaverts v. State, 4 Tex. App. 1 75; Skidmore v. State, 43 Tex. 93, 903.

“An illegal arrest is an assault and battery. The person so attempted to be restrained of his liberty has the same right to use force in defending himself as he would in repelling any other assault and battery.” (State v. Robinson, 145 ME. 77, 72 ATL. 260).

“Each person has the right to resist an unlawful arrest. In such a case, the person attempting the arrest stands in the position of a wrongdoer and may be resisted by the use of force, as in self- defense.” (State v. Mobley, 240 N.C. 476, 83 S.E. 2d 100).

“One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).
Yea good luck with that...
I'm just 
mean.gif
 @ folks who just feel it's aight for cops to harass you....
I don't think its alright for a cop to harass you but I do know that you aren't doing yourself any favors by fighting back if they're trying to detain you.

Last edited:

Check it out...

You and I both know those laws don't apply to black people. But try it out and tell us how it goes.

I'm for knowing your rights, but you take an officers life your not making it to the court house.
I'm just
mean.gif
@ folks who just feel it's aight for cops to harass you....
I don't think anyone in here ever said it was alright for cops to harass people.

Check it out...

You and I both know those laws don't apply to black people. But try it out and tell us how it goes.
You think a white man isn't going to have 5* GTA wanted level after killing a cop during an "unlawful arrest"?  Race has nothing to do with it, if you kill a cop in that situation, you're 100% toast.

roll.gif

Really though I have a question for those crying out WHY WOULD YOU RESIST?!?!

If you are doing your daily activities and heading to work in the morning, and someone comes and takes you by your arms, and completely kills any plans you had that day including making a living off your job, just to take you to a building where you will sit for 6 hours and then leave. All that is ok? No problem?

Back
Top Bottom