Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by mases apprentice

fat burners do work but they dont "burn fat"
ephedra does work, and most fat burners are just metabolic motivaters, which most diets consist of(multiple meals spread out through the day) so some do work some do not.

of course they are not suggested, its not healthy.
They dont work.

Originally Posted by Durden7

ephedra does work, and most fat burners are just metabolic motivaters, which most diets consist of(multiple meals spread out through the day) so some do work some do not.

They dont work.

EC(A) stack works, and it works well.

Down to 153 lbs.... was 180 in late October...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by cguy610

For those of you that do squats, do you just deal with the red marks on your shoulders from the bar?

I go to a new gym and there aren't any pads there for the squat bar.
Yeah, I get them on my lats anytime I go heavy (which is 90%) of the time. I think it looks badass.

Originally Posted by jordan231025

Debating with my friends the other day. Proper bench press? Bar to chest? Feels mad uncomfortable to me.

i dont bring the bar to my chest but everyones different.
whatever your range of motion allows you to do comfortably.

IMO bar to chest is a no no.  its bad for the rotator cuff.

Originally Posted by Durden7

They dont work.
alot dont but some do. 
ones with ephedra do work. of course it illegal now but you can get it. 

and they arent magic pills, obviously you cant eat a bigmac and take the pills thinking im losing weight. if matched with a decently low fat diet/ and extesive cardio, it works wonders.

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

^^ How did you go from 180 to 150?

Info?
Running 2-3 miles a day, eating smarter (no crazy diet either), and drinking ONLY water. To be honest, I didn't even put that much effort into it.

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

^^ How did you go from 180 to 150?

Info?
Running 2-3 miles a day, eating smarter (no crazy diet either), and drinking ONLY water. To be honest, I didn't even put that much effort into it.
Haha, same thing I did last year. Eating less helped too. I packed on Freshman 20 and just by eating right and running those 2-5 miles a day 3-4 times a week I lost those 20 lbs in about 2 months.

Originally Posted by lazybonejone

Bench Press
135 x 10
155 x 10
165 x 6
175 x 6
185 x 4

I am weighing in at about 170lbs, and stand at about 6 feet, but got some monkey arms. Is there a way to get my bench press up? Trying to do 2 plates, but never got over 200.
bumping your post cause im EXACTLY the same, wondering if theres anything that can really improve my bench

For those who want to increase bench, are you just benching with a barbell? I'd recommend dumbell pressing to shake it up a bit.

is it good to add 100 push ups in the mornin (4 sets of 25) and 100 at night daily regardless of your workout at the gym?

Personally, I'm starting to like all-dumbbell workouts for Chest rather then barbell bench press.

after doing 2 weeks of playing basketball, moderately dieting and just finishing day 9 of p90x im down from 230 to 221, which ill take............the goal is to get to 200 or less by may

So a fat burner works, but it doesnt burn fat????  That automatically means it doesnt work

EC(A) stack works, and it works well.
Im not familiar with that particular product, but if its a fat burner im inclined to say that it too does not work.

ones with ephedra do work. of course it illegal now but you can get it. 

andthey arent magic pills, obviously you cant eat a bigmac and take thepills thinking im losing weight. if matched with a decently low fatdiet/ and extesive cardio, it works wonders.

So, the illegal supplement works.  Its illegal for a reason.  To even recommend or tell someone that a particulat fat burner with a banned substance in it works is just bad advice.

A proper diet with resistance and aerobic training will work wonders as well.  It can be done without a marketed product or illegal substance.

If someone eats a container of ice cream and a mint, its not the mint at the end that made him/her sick. 

Originally Posted by ToroTrigger

thanks bro, and you are probably right in that its a little different than im thinking as its just an estimate of what is what....but a diet that really only takes in twice to three times my daily fat/sat-fat alloment over the course of a week is rarely going to add fat....
i think you've got the dietary fat = body fat thing oversimplified.  people have been doing low fat diets for a long time now, and many of them have put on additional bodyfat from too much carbs/protein.  bodyfat is primarily stored energy, so any extra calories you consume above your maintenance and physical expenditure are converted for storage, mainly into bodyfat. 

Originally Posted by jordan231025

Debating with my friends the other day. Proper bench press? Bar to chest? Feels mad uncomfortable to me.

bar to chest bro

not touching your chest isnt a full rep imo. and the full range of motion will help develop your chest more

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

when i do pushups or bench press my shoulders or elbows crack everytime. is something wrong?

your bones are about to turn to dust...watch it.  no, its probably just your form or using a little too much weight.  go slow and keep your arms straight, should go away.

Originally Posted by needsomejays

Originally Posted by lazybonejone

Bench Press
135 x 10
155 x 10
165 x 6
175 x 6
185 x 4

I am weighing in at about 170lbs, and stand at about 6 feet, but got some monkey arms. Is there a way to get my bench press up? Trying to do 2 plates, but never got over 200.
bumping your post cause im EXACTLY the same, wondering if theres anything that can really improve my bench

There are many ways to improve bench weight. Once I found out your legs contribute to your benching I started working my legs and found that your lower body enhances the ability to push more upper body weight. Then, there's your upper body muscles that are worked indirectly that effect your bench strength like your traps, shoulders, triceps. Those are the main muscles that accommodate bench strength, so I would work on those first and focus on benching secondly.

Back
Top Bottom