Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

try eating filling foods fellas...

apples, salads, fruits, and dont underestimate water

have a glass of water before any meal (your brain is on a 15 minute delay on when you're actually full)

FINALLY after a year of training and wanting to be able to my whole life, bench pressed my body weight for 3 reps.

165 lbs hahaha

If you're worried about giving into your fast food cravings during the night hours, I would suggest not browsing NT during cravings. Just look at the general forum, there are threads about in n out / 5 guys/ this pizza > that pizza / whats your fav fast food chain / wendy's appreciation / honey mustard appreciation thread / etc.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by gatorad3

damn thats a lotta money... mcdonalds, bk,wendys everyday.

Funny thing is most times eating fast food everyday is less expensive than eating healthy meals all day. Compare the price of a whole food meal to a fast food meal and alot of time the junk comes out cheaper. Sad but true

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Originally Posted by gatorad3

damn thats a lotta money... mcdonalds, bk,wendys everyday.

Funny thing is most times eating fast food everyday is less expensive than eating healthy meals all day. Compare the price of a whole food meal to a fast food meal and alot of time the junk comes out cheaper. Sad but true

this

eating organic/healthy is wayy more expensive than nasty fast food

but in the long run healthy eating will prevail
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by XkrispyELI

what foods should i avoid eating if i want to lose some stomach fat?

its not easy to "spot train", like wanting to lose weight in ___ location, it accumulates on you're whole body in general but...

avoid alcohol (BEER), all that sugar (soda, sweets, all those sweetened drinks, high fructose corn syrup), drink lots of water, stay hydrated so you're metabolism speeds up.

try to replace all of those junk foods/snacks with fruits/salads and AVOID fast food and eating out.

just making small changes at a time and keeping active, i guarantee you see some positive results, especially if you are working out (fat gets burnt while muscle builds)

spot reduction is not only 'not easy' it isn't possible.

Like ptrakarn23 said, cut out the alcohol (as much as you can), unnecesary sources of unnatural sugar...limiting natural sugars at that, and focus on creating a well balanced diet. Well balance as in..all the major food groups are represented. Veggies, protein, complex carbohydrates, and good fats. If you live a sedentary lifestyle, you will see results pretty quickly if you start eating and exercising routinely.

Originally Posted by ptrakarn23

Originally Posted by XkrispyELI

what foods should i avoid eating if i want to lose some stomach fat?

its not easy to "spot train", like wanting to lose weight in ___ location, it accumulates on you're whole body in general but...

avoid alcohol (BEER), all that sugar (soda, sweets, all those sweetened drinks, high fructose corn syrup), drink lots of water, stay hydrated so you're metabolism speeds up.

try to replace all of those junk foods/snacks with fruits/salads and AVOID fast food and eating out.

just making small changes at a time and keeping active, i guarantee you see some positive results, especially if you are working out (fat gets burnt while muscle builds)
Was actually going to ask u the same question and it seems like you've summed it up
pimp.gif

i can't say i ever have cravings for fast food. just can't mess with that anymore.

only time i'll mess with fast food is after a night of heavy drinking...we'll usually stop at steak-n-shake. but the next day im hitting the gym up hardbody lol

I'm down to 194lbs BF 16-19%..

I want to start using this creatine I got from GNC about a yr ago it's called Amplified 189 or something like that.. I just need a boost in my workouts and I don't want it to go to waste.

So if my goal is to lose another 20lbs or so doing (HIIT stuff my trainer showed me, and 30-45mins of cardio afterwards 5-6 days a week) how will taking creatine effect my results? btw.. my main concern is not to bulk up..

So I want to do some powerlifting splits after spring break.  Any suggestions?  I want to do jerks, cleans, etc.

I was looking at this particular website, it suggested that I do deadlifts, bench and squat ONLY.  Three non-sequential days a week, for four weeks.
http://www.deepsquatter.com/strength/archives/korte.htm

What do you guys think?  Sounds a bit overkill that is why I am a little skeptic.

Did some squats on one of those bosu balls yesterday, an interesting workout to say the least.

For my push/pull enthusiasts out there, some general questions. Flys, dumbell or cable, would be incorporated into your "push" day because of the muscle it works as opposed to the actual action, correct?

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Did some squats on one of those bosu balls yesterday, an interesting workout to say the least.

For my push/pull enthusiasts out there, some general questions. Flys, dumbell or cable, would be incorporated into your "push" day because of the muscle it works as opposed to the actual action, correct?
Correct.

I want to start using thiscreatine I got from GNC about a yr ago it's called Amplified 189 orsomething like that.. I just need a boost in my workouts and I don'twant it to go to waste.

So if my goal is to lose another 20lbsor so doing (HIIT stuff my trainer showed me, and 30-45mins of cardioafterwards 5-6 days a week) how will taking creatine effect my results?btw.. my main concern is not to bulk up..

The creatine will help you with the interval training to a small degree, but theres a good chance youll gain water weight with it.  Youre going to do HIIT then do cardio?  Are you lifting weights at all?  From what youve said I doubt youd be happy with the results of creatine.

Thanks Durden.

Was thinking of keeping one push day as the press/compound day and the other as isolation, w/exercises like flys. Is that a proper way of thinking?

i got 2 weeks to get that last push in before the beach...im pretty satisfied in my results right now but...

can i see more improvement in just 2 weeks?...

Originally Posted by Durden7

Correct.

I want to start using thiscreatine I got from GNC about a yr ago it's called Amplified 189 orsomething like that.. I just need a boost in my workouts and I don'twant it to go to waste.

So if my goal is to lose another 20lbsor so doing (HIIT stuff my trainer showed me, and 30-45mins of cardioafterwards 5-6 days a week) how will taking creatine effect my results?btw.. my main concern is not to bulk up..
The creatine will help you with the interval training to a small degree, but theres a good chance youll gain water weight with it.  Youre going to do HIIT then do cardio?  Are you lifting weights at all?  From what youve said I doubt youd be happy with the results of creatine.

I guess I meant wrong by saying HIIT.. The workouts my trainer have me do involve weights, and using my own body weight for 30mins to and hour.. I describe it as HIIT because you only get a few mins of resting for the whole period of time.. Then i do 30-45mins of cardio after that. Will I still be able to lose weight by doing the above ^^ and using creatine?

Originally Posted by youngmoney

i got 2 weeks to get that last push in before the beach...im pretty satisfied in my results right now but...

can i see more improvement in just 2 weeks?...

Just go ridiculously hard with your diet... no point in try to bulk up in those 2 weeks. Get as cut up as possible... 2 weeks can make a noticeable difference.

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

Correct.

I guess I meant wrong by saying HIIT.. The workouts my trainer have me do involve weights, and using my own body weight for 30mins to and hour.. I describe it as HIIT because you only get a few mins of resting for the whole period of time.. Then i do 30-45mins of cardio after that. Will I still be able to lose weight by doing the above ^^ and using creatine?

Nah, you were right with HIIT.  I was just going off of the assumption that it was the "running" type because thats how most people here refer to it.  Its still considered HIIT.

You wont lose "weight".  Youll stay at the same weight or most likely add a few pounds, but thatll all be water.  It's a pro/con battle.  The con is the added weight, but the pros are the potential for larger gains from the added energy and the fact that it lessens the effects of lactic acid buildup.  That allows you to exercise longer until fatigue.

Im trying to lose some fat... and get toned and cut not big.... any good supplements from GNC that you guys recommend???

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

Correct.

Nah, you were right with HIIT.  I was just going off of the assumption that it was the "running" type because thats how most people here refer to it.  Its still considered HIIT.

You wont lose "weight".  Youll stay at the same weight or most likely add a few pounds, but thatll all be water.  It's a pro/con battle.  The con is the added weight, but the pros are the potential for larger gains from the added energy and the fact that it lessens the effects of lactic acid buildup.  That allows you to exercise longer until fatigue.

Cool, 'preaciate the advice.. I'm going to try it none the less cause from what i just counted I have 80 creatine pills left (40 days) and i want to see how my body reacts to it.. If i gain weight with no gains after 30 days i'll probably toss them.

I think I've crested the worst of my cold. All I got now are sniffles. Gonna be like $*#@ what my body says and hit the gym, I've sat out too long.

Back
Top Bottom