Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

So I've been trying something new...

I've been successfully putting on weight for a while... but my strength really hasn't increased. I pyramid most of my major lifts (deadlifts, squats, bench press, bent over row, military press). So what I'm trying now is doing them on a 5x5 program, and then doing my other exercises normally. Could I gain strength while still gaining mass in this manner?

Ex. For back and hammies, today I did:

Good mornings, 3 x 10
Dead lifts, 5 x 5
Bent Over Row 5 x 5
Lat Pull Downs 3 x 10
Close grip row 10, 8, 6

I hate having a mini supermarket in my house... The amount of cookies, chips I have
smh.gif
I get bored and then all I want to do is eat
smh.gif

Originally Posted by ptrakarn23

(your brain is on a 15 minute delay on when you're actually full)
I've heard about this before. Something like eat as much as you can/want in the first 20 minutes of a meal because that is when you start to get full?

during my meal yesterday, i decided to get a really good tasting appetizer... and ended up with this :

http://www.thedailyplate....ried-macaroni-and-cheese

smh.gif
SMFH at me. I'm eating straight up spinach as a meal today to compensate, and that still won't make up for it...
I know those aren't the right #'s but i know it's aorund 1600 calories and I got this straight from Time magazine: "The fried macaroni and cheese at the Cheesecake Factory has a staggering 69 grams of saturated fat — more than you should eat in 3½ days.)

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1905509,00.html#ixzz0gxwvnuQv"

Originally Posted by bkmac

(your brain is on a 15 minute delay on when you're actually full)
I've heard about this before. Something like eat as much as you can/want in the first 20 minutes of a meal because that is when you start to get full?

You def. dont want to eat as much as you want/can in the first 20 min.

What are the best exercises that target the back part of the shoulders?
My shoulders are lagging in size compared to the rest of my body due to an injury that happened a while back that prevented me from pushing them.

Originally Posted by youngmoney

i got 2 weeks to get that last push in before the beach...im pretty satisfied in my results right now but...

can i see more improvement in just 2 weeks?...
Probably not, but you can flush water, which will make you lean out like crazy.

By that, I don't mean be dehydrated, but go extremely low carbs (carbs store water) and try to drink enough to keep hydrated but not a ton more.

Originally Posted by picknroll24

What are the best exercises that target the back part of the shoulders?
My shoulders are lagging in size compared to the rest of my body due to an injury that happened a while back that prevented me from pushing them.
if back part of your shoulders (back lol.)

Lat pull downs
Rows
Dead lifts

if shoulders
military presses
shoulder shrugs

Originally Posted by philly5fan

Im trying to lose some fat... and get toned and cut not big.... any good supplements from GNC that you guys recommend???
the only supplement i would recommend is whey protein, buy a tub of ON whey protein and your set.

the whey will help you build lean muscle.  You should also be doing a lot of cardio and hiitt to lose weight.

my redesigned routine began with back/tri today
I do this because i really feel it in my biceps whilst doing back exercises so my overall arms feel the big burn

for triceps all I did was

3 TRI-SETS of:
12 reps bar pull down
12 reps rope pull down
12 reps rope overhead extension

best tricep workout ive done !

Also re worked my pre and post workout supplements:

DAY TIME
3 CLA soft gels
bunch of health vitamins (GNC pack)
2 separate servings of 5g of creatine

PRE (4:30pm)
-5g creatine
-1 scoop NO shotgun

WORKOUT

POST (6:00 pm)
(blended)
-5g creatine
-1.5 scoop of ON whey gold
-5g of L-Glutamine
-1 banana
-4 frozen strawberrires
-1.5 cup of milk (didnt have choco)
-1/3 cup of oats

I need to add some BCAA to my day. How many mg should I be looking at? I've seen avail of 1000-5000mg. Also, when should I take it? Pre/post/daytime?

Originally Posted by EightysBaby

Originally Posted by XkrispyELI

what foods should i avoid eating if i want to lose some stomach fat?

its not easy to "spot train", like wanting to lose weight in ___ location, it accumulates on you're whole body in general but...

avoid alcohol (BEER), all that sugar (soda, sweets, all those sweetened drinks, high fructose corn syrup), drink lots of water, stay hydrated so you're metabolism speeds up.

try to replace all of those junk foods/snacks with fruits/salads and AVOID fast food and eating out.

just making small changes at a time and keeping active, i guarantee you see some positive results, especially if you are working out (fat gets burnt while muscle builds)
Was actually going to ask u the same question and it seems like you've summed it up
pimp.gif
would u fellas consider subway a fast food place? and if so so i avoid it?

Originally Posted by EightysBaby

what foods should i avoid eating if i want to lose some stomach fat?

its not easy to "spot train", like wanting to lose weight in ___ location, it accumulates on you're whole body in general but...

avoid alcohol (BEER), all that sugar (soda, sweets, all those sweetened drinks, high fructose corn syrup), drink lots of water, stay hydrated so you're metabolism speeds up.

try to replace all of those junk foods/snacks with fruits/salads and AVOID fast food and eating out.

just making small changes at a time and keeping active, i guarantee you see some positive results, especially if you are working out (fat gets burnt while muscle builds)
Was actually going to ask u the same question and it seems like you've summed it up
pimp.gif
would u fellas consider subway a fast food place? and if so so i avoid it?
Yes. and Yes.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Yes. and Yes.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I eat it everyday... thinkin its healthy

I mean, its certainly better than a burger/fries/drink.... But it ain't that good for you to be eating it every single day
laugh.gif

People are focusing too much on diet in terms of how "clean" it is. If you're not prepping for a BB show then there is no reason to have a BB prep diet.
Of course you should healthy and relatively clean but everything is fine in moderation.

One thing I would advise to avoid is alcohol. It ******s progress like no other. It's not always easy to avoid it (especially for those in college). If you're looking to make gains you drink alcohol regularly, it's not going to happen.

Yes. and Yes.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I mean, its certainly better than a burger/fries/drink.... But it ain't that good for you to be eating it every single day
laugh.gif

If you read the nutrition facts, the sodium in most Subway subs are straight
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
status.

I just got back from the gym about a half an hour ago. First of the month, want to start fresh, so I'm starting to work out Legs/Shoulders (which I did today) on the same day. I usually worked them out on separate days, but my body definitely feels it tonight.

Chest/Triceps tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Apocalypz

Yes. and Yes.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

laugh.gif

If you read the nutrition facts, the sodium in most Subway subs are straight
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
status.

Yeah, but if thats the worst thing on the label then its not a big deal.

Take a look at Chick-Fil-A's nutritional information.  1 grilled chicken sandwhich has enough sodium to meet the minimum requirement for the day.

Its really not a big deal.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

People are focusing too much on diet in terms of how "clean" it is. If you're not prepping for a BB show then there is no reason to have a BB prep diet.
Of course you should healthy and relatively clean but everything is fine in moderation.

One thing I would advise to avoid is alcohol. It ******s progress like no other. It's not always easy to avoid it (especially for those in college). If you're looking to make gains you drink alcohol regularly, it's not going to happen.
this is most important in my opinion haven't drank since lent started and have lost 7 pounds since and feel great definitely not drinking anymore unless for special occasions
pimp.gif

Yes. and Yes.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

subway isn't bad its good u just can't add ranch sauce with southwest and mayo and mustard and whatever else is nasty. keep it simple. and whatever u do.. DO NOT EAT the cold cut trios. I swear my bro told me he had to take off a half inch layer of slime (maybe fat) off the tops. prolly the worst sub at the subway. i like turkey

no mayo in your sandwiches, light mustard. I stop eating subway cus of the stories my bro told me. have fun eating those olives make sure ur not eating a roach.

Back
Top Bottom