Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by Fireblaze44

Originally Posted by badmoonRison
If you're getting shin splints from running a mile, something is wrong. How much do you weigh? Sounds like it has something to do with your shoes, especially since your arches are in pain.
 First, check your insoles like you said. They're designed to go a certain amount of miles before the cushioning is done.
Try running on grass, the impact is less than on pavement or concrete.
Try taking a rest until your shin splints go away. Change your shoes/insole. Run on more impact-friendly surfaces.

Hmmm, good info. I have the same problem. I probably need new shoes (not buying new running shoes in 4+ years ftl
smh.gif
) Would running on treadmills have less impact on my feet/legs?

Originally Posted by Fireblaze44

NT, I desperately need your help...

I want to run more, but I cannot get past a mile without my shin splints throbbing and my arches feeling like they are on fire. The rest of my body is ready to advance to farther distances, but the pain in my lower legs is too much to bear.

I am wearing ASICS Kayano 14's and I use old arch supports from about two years ago. I know i should get new inserts, but is there anything else I can do to relieve this pain?
If you're getting shin splints from running a mile, something is wrong. How much do you weigh? Sounds like it has something to do with your shoes, especially since your arches are in pain.
 First, check your insoles like you said. They're designed to go a certain amount of miles before the cushioning is done.
Try running on grass, the impact is less than on pavement or concrete.
Try taking a rest until your shin splints go away. Change your shoes/insole. Run on more impact-friendly surfaces.
Thanks for the tips... I am 5'11" and weigh 205. My optimal weight is 185 but I took this medication (I am now off of it) for three years that put me up near 230.

Also for the guy above me, I think treadmills are worse than flat surface. I considered trying the elliptical machines but I don't want to look suspect.
alien.gif

Originally Posted by gatorad3

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Binge drank last night, under slept, ate McDonalds and pizza, and smoke a pack of captain blacks last night/this morning.

It's nice to take a day off, but helps me appreciate a fit lifestyle
I just binged last night on food FML
mad.gif

you sure it was food and not that green stuff?

NT, I desperately need your help...

I want to run more, but I cannot get past a mile without my shin splints throbbing and my arches feeling like they are on fire. The rest of my body is ready to advance to farther distances, but the pain in my lower legs is too much to bear.

I am wearing ASICS Kayano 14's and I use old arch supports from about two years ago. I know i should get new inserts, but is there anything else I can do to relieve this pain?
eek.gif
 i stopped running in those a long time ago. you dont need new inserts you need new shoes. can you post pics of the soles of the kayano 14's
If you liked running in the 14's you may like the 11's they're great and fit my feet like a glove, not saying i didn't enjoy running in the 14's though

roadrunnersports.com is the only place that still sells them

Noskey wrote:
Hmmm, good info. I have the same problem. I probably need new shoes (not buying new running shoes in 4+ years ftl 
smh.gif
 ) Would running on treadmills have less impact on my feet/legs?

buy some new shoes you're supposed to changed them once a year if you're doing any decent amount of running

I myself hate running, and i've been doing a combination of jump rope, box jump, push up + burpee + pull ups as my cardio work outs

Then i swim a couple of laps

as far as belts... anyone hear swear by em?

i mean, i think my deadlifts and squats are pretty spot on... but it's sort of a stupid risk if a belt really protects you.

anyone have any advice?

I've taken the advice and started to eat more.
Trying to hit 3500 kcals today. I've stopped caring so much as to what I'm eating and simply focus on the amount.
It's hard to gain eating spinach all day

Im thinking about buying one of those weight vests or shorts to wear when i go running or when i play soccer. Which do you think is better?

Vest

Shorts

Trying to hit 3500 kcals today. I've stopped caring so much as to what I'm eating and simply focus on the amount.

If you're like me... you might see a lot of growth really fast. I remember when I first decided to just focus on getting as many calories I needed... I jumped up about 10 pounds in 5 or 6 weeks and my gains were pretty lean.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

If you're like me... you might see a lot of growth really fast. I remember when I first decided to just focus on getting as many calories I needed... I jumped up about 10 pounds in 5 or 6 weeks and my gains were pretty lean.
pimp.gif
Good %%!+ guys
pimp.gif
. I'm on that same road once again since i'm a steady 195 i'm upping my cal intake by another 700-900 cals. I'll make it to 210 soon I swear
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Can I add protein powder to a yogurt smoothie?

At the building I work in they have these organic fruit flavored yogurt smoothies in a bottle as part of the breakfast. They have 8 or 9 grams of protein and I was wondering if I could simply just add protein power in to bump my protein after I work out? Is there a specific type I should add if i'm looking to get bigger or is any whey protein going to do the trick? Thanks.

whey protein should be fine with the yogurt smoothie... shoot I just tried this weekend this:
1 60 calorie vanilla pudding
2 scoops of Ice Cream Sandwich whey protein
a couple cubes of ice
1 cup of water

blended it all together and damn that thing tasted pretty bomb
pimp.gif
 especially for a drink with no milk added. If I had some bananas I might have put that in there as well. Overall the calories for it was 266 I believe.

pimp.gif

i mean you want steady gains you can stay at 2500 but man that's like close to maintenance for me...

i think all relatively new lifters should focus on gaining mass and strength, like myself...  people in this thread have said over and over, you want to get big, EAT.

i cut out cardio and have been eating a ridiculous amount lately.. most of it clean aside from like the donuts.
nerd.gif

im still somewhat lean though, even though my abs are not as visible as before. i can see the striations in my chest

surprised when i stepped on the scale and seen 185 the other day... this is the most ive ever weighed in my life.

feels great though, and i know when i begin to cut ill be happier with my results

Originally Posted by DaBuddhaWitJays

surprised when i stepped on the scale and seen 185 the other day... this is the most ive ever weighed in my life.

feels great though, and i know when i begin to cut ill be happier with my results

Man... I wish gaining weight was what I wanted to do... I'm good at that
alien.gif

Deadlift 265 for 3 reps today. Felt
pimp.gif
hitting a PR. Up from 135lbs
I think I could probably go for another 20lbs next week.

However.. I went for a set of pull ups and as soon as I was hanging from the bar I almost collapsed! The most severe cutting pain through my abdominal section. I didn't do any pull ups and just tried to play it cool. Lat pull downs and tricep pushdowns I was doing about half my working sets in weight becuase the pain was EXCRUCIATING.
I had to take the evening off of school work becuase I'm in so much pain.
Not sure what it is.. I ate like a human garbertor yesterday and today. Maybe it's just cramping? Also, I did a heavy ab workout on Sat.. maybe I just pulled something?

Originally Posted by SkunkInDunks

Can I add protein powder to a yogurt smoothie?

At the building I work in they have these organic fruit flavored yogurt smoothies in a bottle as part of the breakfast. They have 8 or 9 grams of protein and I was wondering if I could simply just add protein power in to bump my protein after I work out? Is there a specific type I should add if i'm looking to get bigger or is any whey protein going to do the trick? Thanks.
I don't see a problem. You can really just add protein to anything.
I believe any whey isolate should be fine. Optimum Nutrition is generally regarded as the good stuff although it's low in calories

Originally Posted by Wordy Dirts

What other muscle group do you guys normally work out with shoulders. I'm attempting to streamline my routine so I combining 2 muscle groups for 2 of the days.

Day 1 = Chest
Day 2 = Back + BI
Day 3 = Legs
Day 4 = Shoulders + Tri's?

Anyone?

What other muscle group do you guys normally work out with shoulders. I'm attempting to streamline my routine so I combining 2 muscle groups for 2 of the days.

Day 1 = Chest
Day 2 = Back + BI
Day 3 = Legs

Anyone?
From what I've read, shoulders respond well when worked with legs.

Day 1 = Chest
Day 2 = Back + BI
Day 3 = Legs

Anyone?
With the rest of my push exercises.

Deadlift 265 for 3 reps today. Felt
pimp.gif
hitting a PR. Up from 135lbs
I think I could probably go for another 20lbs next week.

However.. I went for a set of pull ups and as soon as I was hanging from the bar I almost collapsed! The most severe cutting pain through my abdominal section. I didn't do any pull ups and just tried to play it cool. Lat pull downs and tricep pushdowns I was doing about half my working sets in weight becuase the pain was EXCRUCIATING.
I had to take the evening off of school work becuase I'm in so much pain.
Not sure what it is.. I ate like a human garbertor yesterday and today. Maybe it's just cramping? Also, I did a heavy ab workout on Sat.. maybe I just pulled something?
I have a feeling you're destroying your lower back. Go see a doctor or something man...

this is exactly why I posed my question about belts
ohwell.gif
. Anyone?

So do you guys workout each muscle once or twice a week? Lets say you do chest and bicep on Monday and again on Thursday, wouldn't that be sufficient rest? Or no?

This is the only thing bugging me!

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

Day 1 = Chest
Day 2 = Back + BI
Day 3 = Legs

Anyone?
From what I've read, shoulders respond well when worked with legs.
When I first started working I did shoulders and legs together.
I haven't combined groups in a while unless you count bi's/tri's

Back
Top Bottom