Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

The only partying I do is at Gym's bar&grille from now on
roll.gif

nah.. I went out three times after classes finished and havent been to the gym since sunday. I feel scrawn as HELL even tho I'm still eating 4000cals a day (dirty too)

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I would say to start off with Salmon.You can just season it and then throw it in some grape-seed oil or Olive oil and pan fry it. Grape-seed oil has a high smoking point so it doesn't burn at higher levels like other oils can.
Or you can use some water and almost steam it in the pan with the lid on.

Or you can flavor the fish and make a pocket out of foil and put it in the oven and let it bake. Cooking time varies depend on the weight of course. Juicing a lemon with salt and pepper is a nice simple way to get the job done using this method.

Talapia is another versatile fish. Nice white fish. You can bread that and fry it if you like fried food or you can prep. it the same way I told you to make the Salmon.
I got so much tilapia in my freezer
laugh.gif
each came individually wrapped...can't beat it like 100 calories/20+ g of protein

best way of cooking it is baking or boiling IMO haven't yet tried grilling fish...
nerd.gif

taste is ok, but its easy enough

Originally Posted by ChiefWiggum

Ihave the same fish problem as this guy. However, I will NOT be able toeat it. I hate seafood. Is there anyway to get it's nutrients thoughwithout having to actually eat and taste the fish :X?

Tilapia/salmon don't have that "fishy" taste so to speak not like black bass

Well *+@@..

First day back at the gym today.. did a circuit type workout, pullups, bench, deadlifts, dips, decline crunch, leg raises, just to get into the feel again - lifted lighter weights.

I was knackered, came home, ate then crashed. I swear its going to be tough getting in shape again.

Originally Posted by Derek916

I would say to start off with Salmon.You can just season it and then throw it in some grape-seed oil or Olive oil and pan fry it. Grape-seed oil has a high smoking point so it doesn't burn at higher levels like other oils can.
Or you can use some water and almost steam it in the pan with the lid on.

Or you can flavor the fish and make a pocket out of foil and put it in the oven and let it bake. Cooking time varies depend on the weight of course. Juicing a lemon with salt and pepper is a nice simple way to get the job done using this method.

Talapia is another versatile fish. Nice white fish. You can bread that and fry it if you like fried food or you can prep. it the same way I told you to make the Salmon.
I got so much tilapia in my freezer
laugh.gif
each came individually wrapped...can't beat it like 100 calories/20+ g of protein

best way of cooking it is baking or boiling IMO haven't yet tried grilling fish...
nerd.gif

taste is ok, but its easy enough

Originally Posted by ChiefWiggum

Ihave the same fish problem as this guy. However, I will NOT be able toeat it. I hate seafood. Is there anyway to get it's nutrients thoughwithout having to actually eat and taste the fish :X?

Tilapia/salmon don't have that "fishy" taste so to speak not like black bass
D-rick. To me, the easiest and quickest way of cooking it has to be on my george foreman. I swear, that must've been the best $40 I've ever spent at target....Chicken, fish, everything! Instead of baking fish for 20 minutes, takes me about 7 minutes to fully cook my defrosted tilapia. About 8 min for chicken breasts (8-10oz.). But fish stick on and they break into small pieces easily....so for anyone planning to Foreman grill their fish, wrap it in foil first. 
BTW, this week is my first week carb-cycling. I remember there was a reading provided by someone in the last thread, I couldnt find the one in this thread though. Basically on my off day yesterday I felt like I was going to murder someone....having little to no carbs really did me in. Today was high carbs and I felt invincible.

Last thing: Can anyone confirm what is a mercury-safe level of fish to eat. I heard there was some limit a person should apply when eating fish per week....

So earlier today I went to go check out Bally's Total Fitness and they offered me this price/deal but I don't know if its worth it.

To start:
$0 Enrollment Fee
$29 for membership(Card/processing)
$25 membership first month
$25 membership last fee
I would have to pay this upfront.

Then $25 monthly payment after that.

Worth it or should I take a look elsewhere?

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Idk anything about Bally's but i checked online and you should sign up online, theres no starters fee
wink.gif
save your self $29 http://www.ballyfitness.com/
Oh right on. I just checked out the website, I guess they offered me the same deal as online, the $29 is for membership card/processing(I just edited my last post with that info posted online). I guess I needed to reword it.

I'm wondering is that how everyone's payment plan is looking like when you first started and your continuing membership plan? Would you say this is a good deal?
Appreciate the help.

Originally Posted by iLLest

cop the $299 for 2 years deal from Costco. 
pimp.gif
 Lookin' at about $12 a month that way. 
Got the membership package from Costco as well, such a convenience having a 24 hour gym, especially when you're absolutely bored or in case you're having a bad day.

My only problem is that the only 24 fitness with a basketball court here in the Valley is a Super Sport which just opened last week.
Any member is welcome til May 22nd, but after that only premium members are allowed in, thing that blows is that the Costco pack says that its not valid to upgrade
ohwell.gif

I love the George Foreman grill. Super easy to use and so much less messier than putting the meat on the skillet. Pretty easy to clean as well.

Originally Posted by iLLest

Originally Posted by DuMMie SOLE

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Idk anything about Bally's but i checked online and you should sign up online, theres no starters fee
wink.gif
save your self $29 http://www.ballyfitness.com/
Oh right on. I just checked out the website, I guess they offered me the same deal as online, the $29 is for membership card/processing(I just edited my last post with that info posted online). I guess I needed to reword it.

I'm wondering is that how everyone's payment plan is looking like when you first started and your continuing membership plan? Would you say this is a good deal?
Appreciate the help.
I honestly pick 24 hour fitness > ballys. And also got all my boys to cop the $299 for 2 years deal from Costco. 
pimp.gif
 Lookin' at about $12 a month that way. 
Also, I have a George Foreman Grill but never use it. I use the stove.... I guess what I'm really trying to say is... I don't know how to use it. 
eyes.gif
 Info? hahah

iLLest!
Yo dawg....you just....plug it in......
laugh.gif

Took a little over 20 mile bike ride after work last night in lieu of lifting legs. Pretty sure my ability to sire children is no more.

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

D-rick. To me, the easiest and quickest way of cooking it has to be on my george foreman. I swear, that must've been the best $40 I've ever spent at target....Chicken, fish, everything! Instead of baking fish for 20 minutes, takes me about 7 minutes to fully cook my defrosted tilapia. About 8 min for chicken breasts (8-10oz.). But fish stick on and they break into small pieces easily....so for anyone planning to Foreman grill their fish, wrap it in foil first. 
BTW, this week is my first week carb-cycling. I remember there was a reading provided by someone in the last thread, I couldnt find the one in this thread though. Basically on my off day yesterday I felt like I was going to murder someone....having little to no carbs really did me in. Today was high carbs and I felt invincible.

Last thing: Can anyone confirm what is a mercury-safe level of fish to eat. I heard there was some limit a person should apply when eating fish per week....
I am dumb, how can I forget about the Foreman. The Foreman is the MVP of the kitchen. Fish on the Foreman is a great thing. Thanks  Keepz.

I have never made Salmon on the Foreman. I have to try it though.

But Salmon on a wooden plank cooked over a charcoal fire is a great thing as well. Try that out.

This is a little known secret but the YMCA will correlate your membership fees with your income..all you have to do is ask. The people with kids who are really broke pay like $2 a month and they get daycare, a swimming pool, a gym etc.

I tried skipping rope for the first time ever.
Can't get into the groove but once I hit like 15 skips I was so tired. WWTF

yo just started a compound-only workout. I love it. I got bored of my other (re: iso) workout.

I did only 4 exercises today but I'm THOROUGHLY exhausted and sore.

All I did today was :
pulls ups, chinups, bent over row, and cable row.

AMAZING back/bicep today imho
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Keep working man. You will get where you need to be. Just last week I reached my goal of skipping 1000 times in a row. I felt really good. Burns like hell but I felt really good afterwards.

Oh my GOD I haven't been this sore/messed-up in a minute. Definitely took today off from working out, but still have to go back to my gym tonight and train.

Did quads on Tuesday, High rep squats up to 315 for a set of 20 and then superset of HackSquats and Walking Lunges.

Yesterday did back and went through 4 sets of chins, 4 sets of Bent Rows, 3 sets of Dumbbell Rows, 4 sets of Deadlifts and 4 sets of shrugs. Felt great up until today and everything is kind of sore but I think I just have CNS fatigue. I barely want to get up to walk across the room. Thank God I had a large part of the day off, but yeah, I feel like I overtrained.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Keep working man. You will get where you need to be. Just last week I reached my goal of skipping 1000 times in a row. I felt really good. Burns like hell but I felt really good afterwards.
Vids or it didn't happen.  Jumping rope is a nigh-on impossibility.

Originally Posted by krazyg

I love the George Foreman grill. Super easy to use and so much less messier than putting the meat on the skillet. Pretty easy to clean as well.

I love seeing all that fat dripping out from the foreman grill
pimp.gif

new PR... 51" box jump.
Well....tire jump. I'm stuck in the studio for two days. so it's all I have.

Going to shoot a modified 300 studio shop workout
roll.gif
tossin wheels instead of plates

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

Originally Posted by krazyg

I love seeing all that fat dripping out from the foreman grill
pimp.gif

I think everyone should have one...most useful thing ever

think im gonna deload... been feeling mad tired lately and super fatigued in the gym.

BY THE WAY....

sprain in the hip a common occurrence? (from squatting... I think)

thing is, it's only on my left side and hurts when im down in my squat

which im taking a break from now that im gonna deload...

Back
Top Bottom