Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

The red kidney beans by goya have more protein and fiber, but for taste i personally like the black turtle beans; i've tasted pinto beans, and i didn't like them. My mom made them, and they came out dry(depends how you make them, too).

They also come made(just need to throw them in the micro') but it has more than the regular amount of sodium, i'm guessing because of the preservatives added.

I eat all types of beans, I wasn't really bringing them up to compare to other types. I eat beans every week. Make a big batch Sunday and it lasts me through the week. Just wondering what to expect taste/texture wise.

Black turtle beans? Never heard of those, have to look them up. Thanks

I don't believe in canned beans, I need my beans dry.

So I need to consume 4600 calories if I want to put on 2lbs a week... Is it okay if I'm eating whatever I want including pizza, chicken strips, french fries, ice cream, mcd, bk, wendy's etc? I started those eating habits a few days ago.

^My routine now consists of everything at 5x5 unless I specify different:

-Deadlift: 70-80% max (depending on high or med. carb day)
-Bent over rows: 135 lb
-Lat pull: Bodyweight or +10 or 20lbs
-Reverse Dumb bell flies (bent over): 25lbs.

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

^Although many follow that 1g/lb rule, it's actually 1g/kg. Overloading on protein is hard on your liver, especially at once (like I know some of you do with your 2-3 scoops of protein drank). From my personal experience before I became knowledgeable, I was lifting like whatever, and eating whatever. But I did notice that my 2-2.5 scoops at a time of protein accounted for some pretty dark piss. It was not a coincidence. I don't have any issues anymore because I barely use protein, and when I do its only 1 scoop at a time.

By the way, anybody think we should all get together and form an NT program and make some money off this?! It doesn't seem like any of the people who profit off these programs know anything we don't. I'm sure we could come up with better ones even...
While reading this ambercombie BS, I realized it is pretty legit knowledge. It summed up everything I've learned over the past year or so.. especially that all the supplements outlined are unnecessary.

The only point of profit would be coming up with a grabbing domain name like that, and having supplement companies pay comissions on products purchased from the links posted.
i.e. "the best pre workout supplement is BSN NO XPLODE" with a supporting link to the product page. "Type in code XXXX to receive $5 off"
Pen a deal with the distributing company that, when the code is used, buyers get $5 off their order, and we get 5% of sales.

OR! if we could generate enough traffic to our "workout bible" website, we could simply become distributors of the supplements we recommended. Set up a yahoo online shopping cart and an automated drop-shipping system straight from the suppliers. Then have the costs paid off of a pre authorized credit card. No work would be required aside from initial set up.

If you are really optimistic, you can pay out comissions to the patent holder (i.e. BSN nO XPLODE) and simply rebrand the product (again, done at the distributor). Sell these products that we recommend as our own and take a higher profit margin on sales.

I've been reading too much 4hr workweek
laugh.gif

Anyways, back to staying/get back in shape.
I've finally realized the correlation between the amount of carbs I eat in a day and how my body looks. This sin'y too concerning at the moment because I'm trying to build, but if I don't eat for 6+ hours (sleeping) I look VERY VERY lean. After eating a few meals I can actually see my body's change. Interesting stuff, I look forward to reading up more on

^3g of water is retained for every 1g of glycogen your muscles store, hence the correlation. That's why low carb "works" for a quick fixup for a day at the beach, but it's probably not the best in the long run.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Originally Posted by Sais 9mm

All your prayers have been answered lol
abercrombieworkout.com 

aka 300workout.com, howtolooklikeaactionfigureworkout.com,etc

only tools would only think "this +*%%'s gonna make me look like an Abercrombie/Hollister/Ruehl model"
smh.gif
I could just imagine a highschool kid telling his buddies he found the "bible" online.
seems solid to me.  But really though, at the end of the day, everybody knows what they have to do to get fit, but for some reason act dumb/surprised to cover that they're uninspired.

I think I've asked these questions a few times now, but I never remember if it they were answered. I promise this is the last time I ask.

When working out abs...
- When is it a better time to work them out, before or after eating (a meal)?
- If before eating, how long of a wait after working them out until you can eat?
- If after eating, how long of a wait until you can work them out?

Thanks a bunch!

Work them out whenever you want if you can eat then work abs and hold your food down do that or if you usually eat a hour before gym do that it doesnt matter at all. and you should eat right after you workout any muscle regarless

Originally Posted by iLLest

Any way of getting a Chipotle burrito and having it be "healthy."

iLLest!

I get a burrito bowl:

rice, black beans, steak or chicken, mild sauce, little cheese, lettuce, and sometimes I get guac.  I used to get chips and a burrito instead of a bowl but there's too much sodium in the chips and tortilla.

im about to pull the trigger on this jack3d pre workout. but i see a lot of good, and i see a lot of bad, talking about how you can become dependent on it and stuff. but thats why i plan on cycling off and on.

nevermind. i searched the topic.

what does everybody take in terms of carbs post workout....right now and for a while now ive been eating a banana along with my pwo shake then an hour later i eat a skinless organic potatoe. I really want to stay the natural route and not get into maltodextrin and dextrose or that waxy maize because of the artificial sweetners to much...do you guys have other options?

I've heard and read for a while now that chocolate milk is good pwo also brett, something about how the sugar helps facilitate that protein synthesis occurs which I guess parallels why people take creatine with a sugary drink I guess....

So since I like to keep it clean I did some research and I found a chocolate syrup that is organic as well as gluten free among other things:

Ah! Laska chocolate syrup
Ahlaska%20Choc%20Syrup.jpg

and Santa Cruz Organic Chocolate syrup
SCorganicSyrupFinalLg.jpg

I'm gonna give it a try this week, if it doesn't work atleast it's a healthy alternative for my nephew

It's not a problem unless it has a viable solution

A) why did you workout for four months
or
B) why did you eat junkfood and not workout for three days

It's the journey that makes it interesting.

Originally Posted by 23legacy45

So I need to consume 4600 calories if I want to put on 2lbs a week... Is it okay if I'm eating whatever I want including pizza, chicken strips, french fries, ice cream, mcd, bk, wendy's etc? I started those eating habits a few days ago.

Yes/No

Bad foods/Good foods it doesn't matter when your trying to gain weight

however over time bad foods will hurt you in the long run with saturated fats and stuff...you will constantly look bloated with the amount of sodium in you as well

Originally Posted by rafsjays

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

What are some good Multi-Vitamins?

My nutrition professor always told us to buy costco (kirkland) brand, since they are basically all the same.

Not true I did a report on multi vitamins, and there was a study that found a lot of times no name brands tend to not have what they advertise. It was recommended that you stick with a well known brand....Kirkland is pretty reputable imo though

As far as PWO carbs that are not the obvious kind (choc. milk, oats, etc.) you can try cheap dextrose or more expensive (but seemingly efficient) Vitargo. Stuff is expensive, though, so if you going for a supp solution, do dex.

Feels like I haven't been in here in a while.

Anyone interested in doing Insanity? I have a few extra disks sitting around.

First person to reply gets them.

PM me your address.

The only thing, they aren't formatted to work in ALL DVD players. Will work on your PC using VLC Media PLayer. So if you can stream from your PC to your TV then you are straight.

Back
Top Bottom