Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

1. I am not squating anymore. My knees kill me afterward. Sick of it. My form is correct according to the gym owner and others at the gym. I have always had knee issues though. I am done with it officially now.

2. Somebody assign me a chest workout for today. I will do it, something out of the norm if possible.
1. I've seen many people that "squat" at various gyms. I rarely ever see anyone get below parallel. It might just be your form. I'm not saying that people at your gym don't know anything, but they might not be sure and are trying to err on the safe side.Seriously, anybody that wants to lift weights should check out "Starting Strength" by Mark Rippetoe for proper instruction on form for the major compound lifts. He goes into great detail about all of the details about the squat, deadlift, press, bench press, power clean, front squat, barbell row, incline bench press, barbell curl, etc. It's most certainly worth the money.

2. Not a workout, but take a look at this: http://www.dragondoor.com/articler/mode3/229/
Look at the planche progressions. They put an immense amount of stress on the chest.

brettthejett... I think your routines pretty solid weird scheduling kinda but wed you dont need pull ups and pull downs id alternate week to week and id prob also do bb row 1st but thats just preference. Deadlifts also I have never seen a point in over 5 reps. For your sat I dunno if youll enjoy Deads n squats same day I would prob replace the Deads and do like romanian Deadlifts instead. And lastly id prob make your saterday routine more in the middle its set up like Upper, Upper, Upper, Lower. Im on upper/lower mon tues thurs n friday and liking it

And last thing to mind is on 2nd day replace the incline with weighted dips those target your chest real good and helpd me blast through benching plateau

Originally Posted by ironman78

Originally Posted by needsomejays

anybody else just get tired of lifting? im so bored with it at this point, glad i got P90x coming soon

P90x helped me go from 216 to 185 lbs.. in 2 months. But I got pretty bored with it too. To a point where I had to mute Tony Horton because he was starting to annoy me.
laugh.gif

I started it again last week becuase I lost focus, partied/ate too much, gained 15 lbs back.. this program requires the utmost dedication for it to work. Good luck bro.

Were you strictly following the given diet or were you following your own healthy eating regiment? 

Originally Posted by bamaboy256

if your looking for something different

www.crossfit.com
www.crossfitendurance.com

dont know if it was already posted but this incorporates alot of functional strength stuff and not isolating body parts.
We've been making fun of this for a second.
laugh.gif

I'm not knocking the workout but I will make fun of the dorks who do this who aren't in shape and always seem to catch on to the new workout trend that won't shut up about it.

joe cam sighting.

well, just started second batch of bioforge. let's see if i can gain a few more pounds by 6 weeks end.

1. I am not squating anymore. My knees kill me afterward. Sick of it.My form is correct according to the gym owner and others at the gym. Ihave always had knee issues though. I am done with it officially now.

You and I both dude.

Whats up with people doing quarter squats? I don't get how they don't realize that they're barely even moving.
I saw a dude used the squat rack for the barbell to do ab rollouts. Dude was extra chubby too.
laugh.gif

On another note, I realized that I can raise into a front lever. I just can't hold it yet. I might GTG for it as well.

Best mass building upper body exercises? Right now I'm only doing pullups and rows
is there anything else I could be doing?

Originally Posted by Hyper Cutter

joe cam sighting.

well, just started second batch of bioforge. let's see if i can gain a few more pounds by 6 weeks end.

Oh for the record.. Presurge is LEGIT. I don't even like pre-work out sups but this stuff is perfect for me. No jitters, no weird feeling. Thanks for putting me on!

Originally Posted by ccobryan173

brettthejett... I think your routines pretty solid weird scheduling kinda but wed you dont need pull ups and pull downs id alternate week to week and id prob also do bb row 1st but thats just preference. Deadlifts also I have never seen a point in over 5 reps. For your sat I dunno if youll enjoy Deads n squats same day I would prob replace the Deads and do like romanian Deadlifts instead. And lastly id prob make your saterday routine more in the middle its set up like Upper, Upper, Upper, Lower. Im on upper/lower mon tues thurs n friday and liking it
thanks for the heads up brother

DCAllAmerican wrote:
1. I am not squating anymore. My knees kill me afterward. Sick of it. My form is correct according to the gym owner and others at the gym. I have always had knee issues though. I am done with it officially now.

2. Somebody assign me a chest workout for today. I will do it, something out of the norm if possible.
i used to hate squats because of the stress on my knees. i changed my form a bit by lifting my toes off the ground and only using my heels to push off. my knees don't hurt anymore and i love squats now. give that a try?

Does anyone remember a website that maybe was posted in this thread that had a guide to cutting to the extreme before a big event such as a beach? It was a downloadable to a link that may have been posted. It was to be used only a few times a year to look good at a particular time.

Originally Posted by l2icel3oi9i6

DCAllAmerican wrote:

i used to hate squats because of the stress on my knees. i changed my form a bit by lifting my toes off the ground and only using my heels to push off. my knees don't hurt anymore and i love squats now. give that a try?

Tried everything under the sun man. Had a few trained pros look at my form. All say I have great form. I don't know man. I can get the job done without squating. Not the end of the world. Thanks though.

Originally Posted by MaddenFan04

Does anyone remember a website that maybe was posted in this thread that had a guide to cutting to the extreme before a big event such as a beach? It was a downloadable to a link that may have been posted. It was to be used only a few times a year to look good at a particular time.
Yah I'd like to see this too.  There was a diet posted that was from that dude with the REDONKULOUS triceps who lived day to day with like 5% bf. Can someone re-post that? I remember it was ******ed amounts of protein.

by the way.... GOMAD - gallon of milk a day = success. Two weeks and I've gone up a steady 8 lbs.
...lets just say that it's not all muscle
eyes.gif
. It's feeling good at 170lb body weight but I'd like to be that at <10%BF.

Ok I need some help NT. Im good when it comes to my workout and strength im 6'3 250 and my body is good, I personally need help with my food intake. Here is my daily
6am-8am workout with my trainer 8am-9am Basketball workout 12-4pm Basketball workout 7-10pm weight room. As you can tell I do a lot and I need a meal plan to keep my weight stabilized. Please help if you can or recommend any products that will help keep my weight up with all the cardio and working out.

always see guys wearing sandals in the gym. Don't know why but it upsets me for some reason. Am I missing something?

i hit the gym today at like 8 and then after a set of squats realized the celtics played at 9 so i went home to watch........%%%! %%%! %%%! %%%! %%%!

Originally Posted by freshbottoms

always see guys wearing sandals in the gym. Don't know why but it upsets me for some reason. Am I missing something?

the hospital bill, broken foot, and severe pain when they drop a weight on their foot

6mA0K.jpg
nrBPJ.jpg
IUWL5.jpg
QNqYe.jpg
brettTHEjett wrote:

Originally Posted by MaddenFan04

Yah I'd like to see this too.  There was a diet posted that was from that dude with the REDONKULOUS triceps who lived day to day with like 5% bf. Can someone re-post that? I remember it was ******ed amounts of protein.

by the way.... GOMAD - gallon of milk a day = success. Two weeks and I've gone up a steady 8 lbs.
...lets just say that it's not all muscle
eyes.gif
. It's feeling good at 170lb body weight but I'd like to be that at <10%BF.

that was me who posted that...the guy just competed his first time and won Robbie

Back
Top Bottom