Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by struckmatch

Originally Posted by bmorekicks

Originally Posted by struckmatch

Is it possible to build a wider back by doing deadlifts and bent over rows, but not pull ups?? I'm trying to workout in my honegym to save some money right now. I don't have a pull up bar and don't think I have a strong enough door frame to support one (6'1" 210 lbs). Thanks for any help

Just get the pull up bar...unless your door frame is falling apart, it will be fine

Thanks. The frame is not falling apart but I feel that if I put my weight and muscle on it that it will break. Like if I do chin ups on the edges of the frame I think it will definitely break. Can u recommend any good bars??

I got the Iron Gym Extreme...it has a couple extra grips than the regular Iron Gym

I took me 6 months to fully realize that lifting the heaviest weight you can do is not whats up.

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE PERFECT FORM AND TECHNIQUE ON EVERY REP AND SET YOU DO.

New workout plan

Day 1
Chest + Interval Cardio
Day 2
Legs + Abs
Day 3
Back + Steady State Cardio
Day 4
Shoulders +Abs + Interval Cardio
Day 5
Arms + Steady State Cardio
Day 6
Rest
Day 7
Repeat

Lets see how long this lasts. I absolutely hate doing 1 muscle group a day. So Ill probably go for 4 full rotations of this which will last me probably 24 days. See if ill make it through

i STARTED WORKING OUT 3 WKS AGO, THE PROBLEM IM Having is that one are is stronger than the other, i struggle bench pressing not because it heavy , but beacause 1 arm is just stronger than the other, how do i correct this problem? also with my PECKS one side seems to be bigger than the other , how do i correct this? thanks in advance.

DOE-

1 arm dumbbell presses. work 1 arm at a time on the flat bench. It will help you increase the strength in the arm thats weaker and even it out.

As weird as this sounds I do no static stretching and its been that way for the last year. Last time I did statis stretching i pulled my hamstring.

I begin every workout with 5-10 minutes of jogging. And then dynamic stretching like butt kicks, air squats, hip flexor walks.

Its worked for me. When Im done with my workout which is jogging at the end I just walk out the gym.

Haven't had a problem since.

Originally Posted by DoEBoiFreshsince88

i STARTED WORKING OUT 3 WKS AGO, THE PROBLEM IM Having is that one are is stronger than the other, i struggle bench pressing not because it heavy , but beacause 1 arm is just stronger than the other, how do i correct this problem? also with my PECKS one side seems to be bigger than the other , how do i correct this? thanks in advance.

shouldn't be an issue if you just started working out, unless you worked out back in the day and garnered alot of muscle; then maybe muscle memory will kick in. But if not, then just correct your form+ lower your bench and workout with someone or tell someone to spot you and to tell him to watch for it. Not much you can do, unless you correct your form.

See which part of the arm is struggling, and target it in some accessory training. It is usually the shoulders, tho.

I had the same issue, it was my left arm. The left shoulder was waaaay out, while the right was in and close to body. My left chest is not compared to my right, but my left's tris are more ripped then the right's, slowly correcting it.

eat super clean.

If i do consume alcohol which is rare maybe once a month or once every 2 months its vodka on the rocks

Originally Posted by Refuse2Lose24

I do all kind of different bench variations. some of these might be some good ones to try for you guys:

1) 4 Sets 8-10 Bench Press: 1 Minute Rest

2) 5 Sets 5 Bench Press: 2 minute Rest

3) 3 Sets 8-12 Bench Press: 90 Second Rest

4) Chest Superset:
Incline Bench Press 3 Sets 9-10 w/ Incline Dumbbell Fly 3 Sets 12-15
or/both
Bench Press 3 Sets 9-10 w/ Feet Elevated Pushups 3/Failure

5) Chest Circuit ( Do it in a circuit format/ rest 2 minutes:
-Incline Bench Press 3 sets 8-10 Reps
-Incline dumbbell Press 3 Sets 8-10 Reps
-Jump Rope 2 Minutes

6) Chest Circuit
Bench Press 3 Sets 8-10 Reps
Incline Dumbbell Fly 3 Sets 8-10 Reps
treadmill Run 2 Minutes 90% MHR
Pushups/Failure
Rest 2 Minutes then hit it again.

I just like to mix things up and try new things. Some of these you guys might like. I got more but give those a try if your looking for a change. I dont do all this everyday lol. These are different workouts and I do it for all different muscle groups to confuse my body.
Good look.

Thanks for the help, i hope my form improves-----------Another question, what kind of protien shakes do you , guys use? something thats affordable , i hear some run like $60 and up. im not trying to pay that much

most people are going to say to use whey protein. I stopped using it a yr ago and will never use it again. I use hemp protein get it from lassens and they always have a sale.

Its leaned me up even more and I just make sure I eat whole foods and get my protein from chicken, eggs, turkey, etc.

Originally Posted by Refuse2Lose24

most people are going to say to use whey protein. I stopped using it a yr ago and will never use it again. I use hemp protein get it from lassens and they always have a sale.

Its leaned me up even more and I just make sure I eat whole foods and get my protein from chicken, eggs, turkey, etc.
DO I ADD THE WHEY TO THE PROTEIN SHAKES? OR DO I TAKE THE WHEY BY ITSELF?

http://www.gnc.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=protein shakes&origkw=PROTEIN SHAKES&sr=1

what shakes on this ^^^^page would you recommend?

This is all you need in terms of whey protein:
optimum-100-whey-gold-5lb.jpg
100Whey-gs-facts.jpg

Originally Posted by pure ice water

Quick diet question...

... do any of you guys consume any alcohol? Or do you eat SUPER clean?
Mannnnn when I drink I drink way too much. For the past few months I've continually told people I was 'busy' when I was invited out. By spending a Friday night not partying I can read, workout, eat properly and get rest.. not to mention Saturday is not a complete write off. Takes a toll on me socially becuase eventually people stop the invites, but it's done wonders for physical and mental progression.
Last night however...
smh.gif
. Totally bombed an creepin at the clubs dodgin grenades.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The thing about going out is that drinking doesn't cause fat gain, it's the post party and day after foods. Calories in alcohol are thought of as hollow.
I figure if I'm drinking vodka+ water I can stay hydrated some what, and not OD on sugar. Walk home instead of cabbing. No 3am pizza 73 calls.

Quick diet question...

Mannnnn when I drink I drink way too much. For the past few months I've continually told people I was 'busy' when I was invited out. By spending a Friday night not partying I can read, workout, eat properly and get rest.. not to mention Saturday is not a complete write off. Takes a toll on me socially becuase eventually people stop the invites, but it's done wonders for physical and mental progression.
Last night however...
smh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The thing about going out is that drinking doesn't cause fat gain, it's the post party and day after foods. Calories in alcohol are thought of as hollow.
I figure if I'm drinking vodka+ water I can stay hydrated some what, and not OD on sugar. Walk home instead of cabbing. No 3am pizza 73 calls.

I use Dymatize Whey Protein Isolate. I have used ON in the past though but I got a great deal on a 10lb box. I wish I had known about the Amazon deal sooner
smh.gif

What is a good way to warm up the chest area before strength training bench press? I think that has a huge part in my deficiencies... I'm always pressing first.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Quick diet question...

Last night however...
smh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I know how you feel.

I don't drink for a good while, but that one day will happen where I will go ALL OUT -- straight drunken mess. I just make sure I don't eat after, or just a little bit. It's hard when the homies are eating all up in your face and you just have a glass of water or 10.

I'm asking because I feel like I'm at a plateau with my workout goals -- I'm tryna see where I can let go of some things.

Back
Top Bottom