Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Is eating yogurt good or bad if I'm trying to get lean?
nerd.gif
man i cant mess with it....yoghurt brings my guts to a stand still
smh.gif

full on ab work out tryna push that %%%% out into the can
laugh.gif

bijald, you're flat out crazy. And Smedroc, the weight will amass in time. Just focus on your form on the way down and %$@*#%! explode when you go up!

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Stuck at a few of my compound lifts so I decided to spend a few weeks "body building" with isolation exercises. I do rep ranges for strength, then size, then shock.

Just to mix things up.. hopefully it confuses muscles a bit and I can start progressing w/ strength again

I think your problems are more mental then they are physical.

Originally Posted by ChiefWiggum

bijald, you're flat out crazy. And Smedroc, the weight will amass in time. Just focus on your form on the way down and %$@*#%! explode when you go up!

That looks like a tip to me...

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Still not buyin 6'1" 205. Show me the link ur prob talkin about the same BB thread I got from a simple google search. Dude looks a lot smaller. I believe reggie bush is 6'1" also an weighs around 200-205, I've been at 205 myself before with decent bf where u could see abs an looked way bigger. Dude is shredded muscle but 205 would have him look bigger. Unless he has a youtube with him steppin in a scale....not buyin that. If he really is that height an weight......imma go as far as to say the dudes build is perfect to what I'm tryna attain then, I think he weighs far less though.

youre right

i thought his legs were bigger id say hes more like 195ish

although i bet bush isnt actually 6'1"

btw ive been switching from BB to DB on a lot of stuff like bench press, curls, etc. for a while. the mind-muscle connection ive been getting from flat DB press is unreal. i would usually throw em in after doing BB stuff but having them as the primary lift is totally different.
pimp.gif

new to the thread but um......

In january, i got a membership at LA Fitness i was 260 (most of my fat being in the gut area)

Now its august and Im 215...its smoove but i hit a plateau at around April (i was 230)

my goal was to get a lean muscle look (not the ronnie, more pauly)

Ive re-dedicated myself and I have a new workout and i would appreciate any input and advise

15 min bike warm up
30 min treadmill (20 min walk at 3.5 mph and 7-9 height/resistance and 10 min run at 6mph 7-9 height)
4 sets of 15 bench press
4 sets of 15 lat pulldown
3 sets of 10 shoulder press
2 sets of 25 oblique twists (each side)
2 sets of 25 crunch machine

ive also replaced my reg soda with diet since its hard for me to quit and ive stopped drinking protein shakes since i found out that i was taking in WAAAY more than needed

anything i should add?
any feedback would be much appreciated

Pauly is not a lean muscle look... wth
laugh.gif
None of those guys are lean muscle. They are all bloated around the midsection from partying and what not.

As for your workout, why are you doing the same workout every time out? Change it up. Not even saying focus on certain muscle groups but keep changing it up. Don't do the same thing every single time out. Insead of flat bench do incline. Instead of lat pulldown do bent-over rows. Instead of shoulder press do a clean and jerk. Keep switching it up. Plus, you're not even focusing on the legs at all. Do cardio after lifting.

Thx...ill try to mix it up a bit....btw My legs are beyond strong and toned...my running and lil bit of hooping is really enough for me...my main focus is trying to swap this gut for some abs and I need some more gym exercises for that because i just can't push myself at home

Sidenote: I guess you're right about pauly but no one really came to mind lolEdit: that up dere is the new workout....my old one was pathetic

Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

new to the thread but um......

In january, i got a membership at LA Fitness i was 260 (most of my fat being in the gut area)

Now its august and Im 215...its smoove but i hit a plateau at around April (i was 230)

my goal was to get a lean muscle look (not the ronnie, more pauly)

Ive re-dedicated myself and I have a new workout and i would appreciate any input and advise

15 min bike warm up
30 min treadmill (20 min walk at 3.5 mph and 7-9 height/resistance and 10 min run at 6mph 7-9 height)
4 sets of 15 bench press
4 sets of 15 lat pulldown
3 sets of 10 shoulder press
2 sets of 25 oblique twists (each side)
2 sets of 25 crunch machine

ive also replaced my reg soda with diet since its hard for me to quit and ive stopped drinking protein shakes since i found out that i was taking in WAAAY more than needed

anything i should add?
any feedback would be much appreciated
First, cut down your warm-up time. 5 min is plenty. Next, like stated above do your cardio after lifting.

It's fine if abs are a priority, but you have to workout your entire body. I would suggest adding some lower back stuff (extensions?) to help build core strength, leg stuff (curls, extensions, press at least) and do some bi/tri stuff.

You can get a light full body workout going that will take you around the same time as a workout that's more broken down. Higher reps with a little lighter weight is gonna get you the lean look you're going for, and with abs I always have people do a decent amount more reps than they'd normally do with other body parts. Cardio is gonna be your best friend for your midsection though.

Last, stretch out after you finish lifting/cardio. Goodluck
pimp.gif

JOE CAMEL in the last thread or earlier in this one you mentioned a good multivitamin that was around $11, do you remember the name of the brand?

Took a week off from the gym..... gonna go tonight and *%%! some mother !@$%*%@ %%$+ up
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Gotta whip my diet back into shape though
smh.gif
and my knee's better be good to go for some HIIT+Plyo
smh.gif
x3

Can you guys school me on supplements? I feel like I'm taking too many, but I've been feeling like a God in the gym
laugh.gif

One a Day Sport Multivitamin
Triple Strength Fish Oil
L-Glutamine
Creatine
Plasma Jet
and occasionally I'll take a scoop or so of Jack3d before I work out

after my workout I do 3 scoops of the GNC Amplified Wheybolic 60 protein

thanks!

I'm done talkin about that dude Zyzz.....guy motivated me on the low. Funny. I been talkin about gettin ripped for a while an that was the last draw. I needa be like these dudes all over the internetz with a body you can't even pinch, just looks awesome lean is def in. No way to achieve that with a relaxed diet. Its not impossible.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Took a week off from the gym..... gonna go tonight and *%%! some mother !@$%*%@ %%$+ up
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Gotta whip my diet back into shape though
smh.gif
and my knee's better be good to go for some HIIT+Plyo
smh.gif
x3
Just got done. Definitely went in there and !+@@!# *$#+ up
pimp.gif

Man I've missed/love the gym.

Man, I really need to tighten up on my diet and really stick to it for a long time, thats my downfall...I cheat too much
ohwell.gif

I want my abs to stand out on there own, I mean they are visible but I must be doing something wrong diet wise

i know i cant be the only one, but for anyone else here who is pressed for time during their day, how do you still manage to get the calories you need?

I prepackage my food the day before+cook in the am. But i work in a office type scenario, so it works for me.

So Centrum is pretty much %%$#? The guy at the vitamin store was telling me that in portopotties and what not they find a lot of whole centrum tablets. Your body can't digest them fast enough because the coating is pretty thick. Also, your body can't digest half of the %%$# in it that fast anyway!

Originally Posted by NjCollector

I prepackage my food the day before+cook in the am. But i work in a office type scenario, so it works for me.

yeah thats the problem, i work on the floor/outside, and my breaks arent very long, so between 8 hours at work and working out doesnt leave me much time, guess i gotta start gettin up alot earlier
ohwell.gif

You guys who are working during the day and having hard time getting food in should look at intermittent fasting at leangains.com and the 200+pg thread on it at bb.com. you basically fast during the day and have a eating window at night. It relieves the stress of having to worry about meals. It can be used for cutting and bulking.

Back
Top Bottom