Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

damn i was expecting them to carry a lot more supps like bodybuilding.com, a bit disappointing since there's nothing i really want on there...

I've always wanted to try out a traditional Russian Steam Room.
laugh.gif

Al Audi, I've been meaning to pick up some Macadamia nut oil. How is it?

The MAIN purpose of a sauna in my opinion is the relax your muscles after a grueling workout, while also detoxifying your body. You do lose a considerable amount of water weight though because it forces the stored salt out of your body. You won't gain it back the second you drink water, but if your diet contains a lot of salt you won't notice much

only worked out ounce in the last week i feel like i gained 20lbs had to stop my shoulders where hurting so bad that it was effecting my workouts, back at it on Saturday cant wait

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by retrospect90

I'm trying to loose about 30 pounds. One step I have taken is to eliminate eating fast food. Its my 4th day Not eating it. Would it be wise to continue this course, or are there health options at fast food places (i.e. grilled chicken) that I can partake.

is your lifestyle that busy or are you lazy?

not an attack.......i mean really why not cook your own grilled chicken thats so easy, why would you waste that at fast food for like 4+ dollars?

how often were you eating fast food? only your 4th day? you can save yourself a lot of money and get more/better quality food if you do it yourself.

Why did I feel like this ninja Audi was talking to me 
laugh.gif
 .... I'm trying to gain mass to but never cook.  I like "trying" to cook but I am in school full time and work full time as well.  I hardly have enough time to work out .. in fact .. I dont work out (not yet) ... So when do I find time to make chicken
eyes.gif

And do I increase my calorie in-take by 1000/day to gain roughly 1-1.5 lbs a week (along w/ a work out routine) ..

My ribs are touchin my back ... someone talk to me here.

Cop a George Foreman or something similar.. chicken breast only takes 5-10 min on that thing depending on how thick it is.

Originally Posted by AJChick23

Cop a George Foreman or something similar.. chicken breast only takes 5-10 min on that thing depending on how thick it is.
Pause ... but good looking out .. I might just invest in one!

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by DEMIZE

wats the point of a sauna?

Go in there free as a bird just waving your dingaling around. 
laugh.gif
I'm Russian so I've been going to the sauna ever since I was  a little kid. I just love the feeling after a training session. It might be good for your skin/pores but that's about it. 
I'ms till haunted by nekkid old dudes beating each other with branches. 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Privet. 

Traditional russian steam room > *

My friends have one at their home in Kopeisk

kak dela? 
laugh.gif

QUESTION: In an off-season scenario, in a 24 hour period...how many grams of protein per pound of bodyweight do you think is required to
gain the maximum amount of muscle?

Dr. Connelly said you need a 30 gram dose of animal protein every 3 to 4 hours to get your 3 grams of leucine.

DR SCOTT CONNELLY's RESPONSE:

The optimal averaged 24 hour intake of dietary protein to maximize lean body mass gains induced by RT is not precisely known. The best sophisticated data comes from a study in which daily protein intake was varied from 1-3 grams per kilogram of body weight and stable isotope methodology was used to assess protein "turnover" (composite rates of synthesis vs breakdown).

This study was significant in that:
  • Rates of both synthesis and breakdown (hence total turnover) increased linearly with increasing protein dose.
  • Increases in synthesis and breakdown when plotted produced virtually super-imposable graphics, thus suggesting that the two metrics of protein balance literally cancelled one another out.
  • Despite the above, increases in lean body mass gain basically doubled with every increment in protein intake.
What this suggests is that the relationship between total 24 hour intake of protein and muscle gain with effective RT protocols is essentially linear (at least within the range of this study, i.e. 3 gr/kg/day).

The subjects in the study struggled to get to 3 gr/kg/day and thus no data was collected beyond this point.

Another important point is that the protein that was ingested was usual and customary whole food cooked protein sources which reliably produced superior nitrogen retention than do proteins with very rapid digestion and assimilation characteristics and thus cannot be extrapolated to elemental protein diets (free form aminos or hydrolysates) or rapidly assimilated proteins such as whey and soy.

Whey is useful in one context in particular and that is the post workout period (from immediately after training up to 3 hours later) in which the exercise induced increment in fractional rates of muscle protein synthesis can be synergistic-ally augmented by the ingestion of a rapidly assimilated complete protein source (with a PDCAAS of > 1.0 or greater) that delivers net 3 grams of leucine. The duration of this threshold dose of whey lasts only about 3 hours in humans, so it is more efficient to use the whey post workout and then load up on more slowly assimilated proteins during the rest of the day to optimize whole body protein metabolism and nitrogen retention.

that guy is phil heath

i def prefer the golden era of boldybuilding..........example. serge nubret

image004.jpg

seems to me that alot of yall dudes been on the Misc. for to long

I would advise yall to get a reality check quick, in the real world there is nothing attractive about the bodybuilder look.

Originally Posted by Dakingii

seems to me that alot of yall dudes been on the Misc. for to long

I would advise yall to get a reality check quick, in the real world there is nothing attractive about the bodybuilder look.
id never wanna look like an IFBB pro

i follow the sport and look in amazement but id never call it attractive. its more like a freak show, but to me guys back in the golden era actually did look attractive no #!$*

Al Audi wrote:

The optimal averaged 24 hour intake of dietary protein to maximize lean body mass gains induced by RT is not precisely known. The best sophisticated data comes from a study in which daily protein intake was varied from 1-3 grams per kilogram of body weight and stable isotope methodology was used to assess protein "turnover" (composite rates of synthesis vs breakdown).

This study was significant in that:
  • Rates of both synthesis and breakdown (hence total turnover) increased linearly with increasing protein dose.
  • Increases in synthesis and breakdown when plotted produced virtually super-imposable graphics, thus suggesting that the two metrics of protein balance literally cancelled one another out.
  • Despite the above, increases in lean body mass gain basically doubled with every increment in protein intake.
What this suggests is that the relationship between total 24 hour intake of protein and muscle gain with effective RT protocols is essentially linear (at least within the range of this study, i.e. 3 gr/kg/day).

The subjects in the study struggled to get to 3 gr/kg/day and thus no data was collected beyond this point.

Another important point is that the protein that was ingested was usual and customary whole food cooked protein sources which reliably produced superior nitrogen retention than do proteins with very rapid digestion and assimilation characteristics and thus cannot be extrapolated to elemental protein diets (free form aminos or hydrolysates) or rapidly assimilated proteins such as whey and soy.

Whey is useful in one context in particular and that is the post workout period (from immediately after training up to 3 hours later) in which the exercise induced increment in fractional rates of muscle protein synthesis can be synergistic-ally augmented by the ingestion of a rapidly assimilated complete protein source (with a PDCAAS of > 1.0 or greater) that delivers net 3 grams of leucine. The duration of this threshold dose of whey lasts only about 3 hours in humans, so it is more efficient to use the whey post workout and then load up on more slowly assimilated proteins during the rest of the day to optimize whole body protein metabolism and nitrogen retention.
Well that was anticlimactic 
laugh.gif

trying to drop about 20, im doin 45 mins cardio in the AM (10ish), then doin weights in the PM (9ish), a boy of mine said an added 5 pounds of muscle a week adds about 4500 cals burned a week. basically he said skip the cardio and hit the weights. is this accurate? should i be more focused on weights than cardio?
khjgf.png

I just pulled one out of myazz. I realize I'm in this thread for the wrong reasons sometimes, but whatever. All I should say is, my workouts have taken a new meaning as of late; to rid myself of alcohol and thc. At some point, you realize what your body can look like. I get compliments all the time, so I dont even care about aesthetics anymore. They don't change.

I just found out I can drop one of my classes. That means more alcohol and thc. This is the last kind of post of this kind I will post. It seems kind of pretentious.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

that guy is phil heath

i def prefer the golden era of boldybuilding..........example. serge nubret

image004.jpg

They weren't taking gear in the amounts meant for a thoroughbred. 
BB'ers now are disgusting. It's moreso the huge amounts of  HGH/ Insulin these dudes consume now. 

Back
Top Bottom