Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

^ There's some bad advice in that video. Wood choppers and hanging leg raises(with straight legs as a goal) were good. But side crunches aren't a very safe move. Rather, do suitcase deadlifts or human flag training. There are situp variations that engage the obliques and are more safe than that move.

The best(IMO) core training happens under heavy weight(squat, deadlift, etc.) or is done with bodyweight(gymnastic moves). Front lever, back lever, side lever/human flag, hanging leg raises, bridges, dragonflags, etc. The only real exception is for rotational training. Woodchoppers are good. But there are also other ways to train this quality.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how much volume you do for your training. If your diet isn't on point with your goals, you won't see your goal(abs).

Originally Posted by BOBtheHOE

anyone hates taking days off??? i do
ohwell.gif
Yea I do, especially when I had access to get to the gym. I didn't work out Friday because, "I didn't feel like it." BUt then I turned around and ate 5 cookies the same day. I can't forgive myself for that.
laugh.gif

I don't feel like working out today, but I might do an Insanity.

ohwell.gif

yeah maybe a week off weights but do other body stuff little cardio pushups

i do think the body needs more time off to recover than every other day weight routine gives it. some folks end up putting 5 figures of weight probably in a years time  on the body.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Originally Posted by Grimey

those of you that work out solo dolo was it ever any problem working out alone? if so how did you get over it?

Its me, my ipod, and the weights
I dont talk to anyone or look at anyone while I'm working out. 

It does get awkward during the busy hours when people are asking when I'm done with something but that's expected

just go in there, do work, leave 

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

ohwell.gif
Yea I do, especially when I had access to get to the gym. I didn't work out Friday because, "I didn't feel like it." BUt then I turned around and ate 5 cookies the same day. I can't forgive myself for that.
laugh.gif

You feel bad about five cookies ?
If I ate five entire boxes I'd reconsider what I'm doing... but five cookies is NOTHING 
laugh.gif

It isn't that serious !

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

You feel bad about five cookies ?
If I ate five entire boxes I'd reconsider what I'm doing... but five cookies is NOTHING 
laugh.gif

It isn't that serious !

eating refine sugar on a cut would annoy me too

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

^good stuff on that site.
Thanks Mark Antony.  Its a relatively new site we're working on.  Trying to get some new members with this contest.  Join up and try to win yourself the gift card and Tshirt and learn a thing or two or even help us and others learn some stuff.

I've started taking two days off after each workout
A) the more time between lifting lets me refresh more... I find I can lift wayyy more. No more fatigue
B) my muscles grow so much faster

If anything I'll do 45min low intensity cardio on an off day if I'm real bored

I swear I hate going to a popular Gym.. I really need to find an empty one. Having to weight for dumbbells from dudes doing curls everyday. People leaving their sweat behind on machines. Fools doing 100 sets..everyone congregating and talking like it's lunch break.

been in a cut phase for the first time ever in my workout span (3 years) besides FB and stuff.

most i weighted in at was 260.

started my cut phase at 250.

now down to 230, plan on getting down to 220.

i look bigger than i was, but obviously not, just finnally see cuts and striations.

was more into strength training for so many years, this cut phase really has made my body react great.

my strength is obviously not up to where i once was, but i can still get 225 x 3 sets of 20 reps.

i have ventured into some TRX training, as well as boxing.

the trx is great twist into some workouts.

as well as some marine style training.

cut out all RED MEAT.

feel alot better health wise.

will do a bulk/strength phase come end of aug.

if i want to get in more bcaa's would buying Modern's BCAA's be the way to go or would a pill suffice. I have all of my other supp's but im just about to start back after a 8 month hiatus from the gym and i was told more bcaa's would help with the soreness. I know im gonna be sore as a mofo the first 2 weeks.

any word or truth on this?? I dont wanna go buy it if getting them thru my protein shake is enough.

i weighed 240 and im 5'10.

started going to gym doing an hour of cardio daily, and watching what i ate.

ive lost 20 lbs in 3 weeks and im aiming for another 20 in the next 4 weeks. i feel great.

lots of good info here. i need to start doing weight training tho because im feeling a bit ... loose. lol

this is what I'm using for my BCAA's....

190037_776996505721_11005638_42201087_1554709_n.jpg

I'll play football at night and feel fine the next day...
gonna start lifting again this week, so I'll see how well my recovery is....

Back
Top Bottom