Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT
Originally Posted by bwood056
Originally Posted by Al Audi

Damn so I was kinda right, my bench isn't real good but my deadlift and squat were solid until a couple months ago when I just fell apart, trying to get back to that status now.

For what it's worth:

170lb flat bench, 240 full squat, 305 deadlift @148-150lbs
pimp.gif
embarassed.gif
Still don't really consider myself "strong" though
i'd say best test are the olympic lifts, Clean and Jerk & the Snatch. 
now considering a wide majority of people don't do Clean & Jerks and Snatches, deadlift would be the best for the common weightlifting folk you see at your run of the mill gym

Oly lifts are great test of power not that good for measuring pure strength. Plus most people do them wrong, they just muscle the weight up. 
There is a article on good strength standards LINK 

There is other good one with standards for untrained, novice and beginners. I try to find it later 

tryin' to drop 10lbs in a month. fudged up and got to big. Should I >15 carbs , high protein per day and carb up on weekends maybe?

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

What for dinner guys?

2 cups sweet potato
2 cups homogenous milk
bunch of roast beef
pimp.gif

looks cold and dry. edit: aren't you trying to gain weight? EAT man.
You got dat dere temp sensor?
I'm eating 3200 cals a day.. more than that is just gonna add fat  
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Durden7

Im curious to where TNation got those strength standards from.

From the locker room, bro.

rck2sactown I'm jelly of the 207. I just got hit with a cold and I'm at 193. SMH. I'm going to get on it asap once I recoup. Good job man.

^Thanks man
smile.gif
smile.gif
I'm just nervous cuz i am bulking up pretty quick... not sure what to do/how to maintain once i hit 210

Need you guys help with a duet to lose weight a tad quicker

Before 235 lbs
scaled.php

After 4.1 weeks of 2x intense running a week | Full muscle work outs gym/ home | Healthy diet (No soda, Candy, Strictly gatorade chicken and rice [ocasinal break every other weekend] ) | Not much sex [it made me lazy and spoiled because I was able to pull women fat so in my head I knew I could increase quality with a better quality body]
215-217lbs
scaled.php

I'm looking for the idris Elba type effect by next year this time

I haven't use any supplements besides a bit of WHEY and N.O explode

I honestly think it's good genes and muscle memory from high school so I want to build on this.

I need a good reliable diet to get my metabolism going and burn fat.. I'm thinking of taking Phentermine again as a dietary supplement also recommend me some good WHEY products to use and where to get them and should I continue N.O explode or get on anything else?

Originally Posted by PltcsAsUsual

After 4.1 weeks of 2x intense running a week | Full muscle work outs gym/ home | Healthy diet (No soda, Candy, Strictly gatorade chicken and rice [ocasinal break every other weekend] ) | Not much sex [it made me lazy and spoiled because I was able to pull women fat so in my head I knew I could increase quality with a better quality body]
215-217lbs

I need a good reliable diet to get my metabolism going and burn fat.. I'm thinking of taking Phentermine again as a dietary supplement also recommend me some good WHEY products to use and where to get them and should I continue N.O explode or get on anything else?
From this i take it you work out twice a week??

If thats the case up it to 3-4 times a week if time permits. If you work out more, chances are you'll see results faster (without going OD of course)

As for the diet, i hope you eating more than just chicken and rice?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Smedroc

Originally Posted by PltcsAsUsual

215-217lbs

From this i take it you work out twice a week??

If thats the case up it to 3-4 times a week if time permits. If you work out more, chances are you'll see results faster (without going OD of course)

As for the diet, i hope you eating more than just chicken and rice?
laugh.gif

Lol sadly i get like 2 times to eat a day in my schedule so i usually just opt for chicken and rice thats why i ask for the diet.. and i work out 5 times a week either in home or at the gym.. Im doing the gym for every day until the 26 for south beach 5
laugh.gif
.. Might take a break from the gym tomorrow but will be doing 100 picep curls, crunchs, and shoulder press's in the crib with free weights tomorrow night.. I also try and do 75 push ups every other day 50 at night 25 in the morning (i have horrible forarms so keeping up my weight always was an issue for me [How can increase stability in my forarms to handle free weights and pushups better?]

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

What for dinner guys?

2 cups sweet potato
2 cups homogenous milk
bunch of roast beef
pimp.gif

looks cold and dry. edit: aren't you trying to gain weight? EAT man.
You got dat dere temp sensor?
I'm eating 3200 cals a day.. more than that is just gonna add fat  
eyes.gif
3200 cals a day
eek.gif
eek.gif

i think i've seen pics of you. we're around the same build if i'm not mistaken... (i'm 5'7" 155 lbs).

i've gone thru my bulking phase but its just way too hard to maintain that kind of diet because of expenses; not to mention the time it takes to prepare all that food.

i applaud you sir. I've accepted the fact that I'm an Ectomorph and that, realistically, i'll never be huge. I'm ok with being lean and cut at this point. 
pimp.gif

What for dinner guys?

2 cups sweet potato
2 cups homogenous milk
bunch of roast beef
pimp.gif

looks good, I got to give the hispanic food a break 
tired.gif

are platano good for a diet?

and I tried to jog yesterday but realized how out of shape I am and didnt get far
laugh.gif
, do you guys recommend walking first or keep jogging till I get used to going farther?

and I tried to jog yesterday but realized how out of shape I am and didnt get far
laugh.gif
, do you guys recommend walking first or keep jogging till I get used to going farther?

Do a combination of the 2. 

Got a couple questions, hope ya can help a brotha out.

I'm pretty slim...6'5 185lbs, sort of cut. I'm ok with not being huge, but I'd like to get to 195-200 and cut. Thing is I'm weak as hell
laugh.gif
. My bench numbers are sorry. Will I just gradually get stronger and see my numbers increase or is there something I could be doing?

As far as cardio, I don't want to OD since I'm lean already. I play ball once a week and get on the treadmill once a week as well. Is that enough?

I just take a daily multivitamin and a protein shake after a workout. Am I doing enough to meet my goal?

Originally Posted by TheAfricanDream

Got a couple questions, hope ya can help a brotha out.

I'm pretty slim...6'5 185lbs, sort of cut. I'm ok with not being huge, but I'd like to get to 195-200 and cut. Thing is I'm weak as hell
laugh.gif
. My bench numbers are sorry. Will I just gradually get stronger and see my numbers increase or is there something I could be doing?

As far as cardio, I don't want to OD since I'm lean already. I play ball once a week and get on the treadmill once a week as well. Is that enough?

I just take a daily multivitamin and a protein shake after a workout. Am I doing enough to meet my goal?

To get your strength up, try a 5x5 program. 5 sets of 5 reps. Make sure to get adequate rest periods btwn sets since you will be going heavier vs a 3x10 program.

Back
Top Bottom