Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

gonna do a glyocen depleting workout then carb up immediately after

3x12 atg squats
3x failure wide grip pullups
3x12 db military press
3x12 db lunges? (i want to throw in more glute work in order to correct muscle imbalances leading to poor posture recently.....are these good for targeting glutes?)

i would do some hamstring work but theyre dead from deadlifts a couple days ago. maybe ill do some reverse flies and some of the other stuff that hits romboids rear delts etc.
sound ok? 
ohwell.gif

figured id ask in here, does anyone know any headphones that can withstand sweat and rigorous workouts? i was using my turbines but one ear died and then i used an old pair of skull canides and the other ear went out the very next day
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

gonna do a glyocen depleting workout then carb up immediately after

3x12 atg squats
3x failure wide grip pullups
3x12 db military press
3x12 db lunges? (i want to throw in more glute work in order to correct muscle imbalances leading to poor posture recently.....are these good for targeting glutes?)

i would do some hamstring work but theyre dead from deadlifts a couple days ago. maybe ill do some reverse flies and some of the other stuff that hits romboids rear delts etc.
sound ok? 
ohwell.gif
Joe, there are plenty of moves that will work for that purpose: sumo deadlifts(off platform too), snatch grip deadlifts off platform, back extensions, and I've found single leg squats(pistol squats) to be effective for targeting the glutes. Here's a few things you can try:

Routine A
Snatch-Grip, Bent-Knee Deadlift, on podium, 5110, rest 4 minutes
2 x 3 
2 x 5
2 x 8
Routine B
A-1: Romanian Deadlift, 3 x 10-12 reps, 4020, rest 30 seconds
A-2: Back Extension, 3 x 12-15 reps, 2012, rest 120 seconds
Check these out too:
http://www.charlespoliquin.com/Blog/tabid/130/EntryId/49/Tip-157-The-Value-of-Split-Squats.aspx
http://www.charlespoliquin.com/portals/0/pdf/StructuralStoryHiRes.pdf
http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/exercises/exercise_of_the_week_the_glute_triset

thanks bud you are like an encyclopedia over here

i skipped the ham stuff since theyre killing me but i did try the snatch grip deads.....used a lighter weight and did a slower tempo, very good stuff. i didnt do them on a podium though.....next time ill try that.

i will be doing the back extensions and RDL's next workout for sure....probably tomorrow actually

squats were a breeze today, amazing how quickly your body adapts

carbup feels lovely, i need it

Felt a little discouraged today. Been going to physical therapy all this month for right knee pain, took some tests and come to find out...my left leg is about 50% stronger.

Doc said I can't do anymore squats and have to focus on isometric moves (extensions, leg curls, one leg press, etc...)

Pretty bummed out about it...as I figure it will take me about 3-5 months to get back to 100%.

Whats the consensus with BB bench and BB military press in the same workout?

Just did a workout, and I felt so wasted by the time i got to the military press - doesn't the bench workout the front deltoid?

I might be making an efficient choice here lol

Can someone help me come up with a strictly dumbell routine that emphasizes complex movements for muscle mass, specifically for a hard gainer? I would appreciate it.

Originally Posted by I3

Just did a workout, and I felt so wasted by the time i got to the military press - doesn't the bench workout the front deltoid?

Alternate between which one you work. If you do a phase where you focus primarily on the press, your bench press won't decrease, rather it will probably increase. Both work triceps and anterior deltoids, but there are more reasons than just that to do an exercise. A month or 2 for the press and a month or 2 for the bench press.

Originally Posted by bigballa8716

I haven't said much in this thread, really just kinda lurked, but I'd like to say there are some very knowledgeable people in this thread...

I started around December weighing in at 260+... one day my moms called me fat, so I decided I needed to make a change

Completely changed my diet... Grilled everything, lots of veggies, brown rice etc, etc

Supplements I started with (From nutrishop if you have one, local store in my area)

Protein 7 (blend of whey & casein)
Vasocor (Pre-work out, kinda like jacked, but with 0 creatine)
Multi-vitamins
Fish Oil

Started working out lifting heavy, then doing cardio/basketball afterwards put on a lil muscle mass... dropped to about 235-240 $## in about 4-5 months

Eventually my body plateaued, changed workouts to low weights high rep type stuff, still doing cardio/basketball afterward... dropped to about 225 two months later

Around this time I hit another plateau, was stuck at 225 for the longest.... Started an EC stack... still doing the same weight training, but upped the cardio a little bit more... fast forward to today... I'm at about 216

It's possible bros, you just gotta stick with it, and do what works for you...

I'd like to add, I did this ALL while still drinking... However I did change what I drank from Four Lokos, beer, sugary drinks... to straight liquor (jameson and water shots), gin and tonics, and the occasional beer... I must say, if you love to party as I do... you can def succeed this way... I'm proof

Keep going strong bros
Yo no lie in in the exact situation as you right now. I'm at 225 and cant drop. Didnt even think of doing light weights/higher reps, thanks
pimp.gif

I should still take that post WO protein drink correct?

I've been buying the pre-made ones but I think I might buy the powders and do it myself but I have ZERO clue as what to get, hence me buying the ABB PurePro50s. Any recommendations as what to buy?

Anyone has the JEFIT app from the Android Market? It's pretty cool and even has lil animations on how to do the workouts 
pimp.gif

I don't know if I should continue on an EC stack guys...last time I did it, it felt like I got sore and couldnt sustain my workouts as much. I felt a lot more prone to cramping as well...any contrary to some members here, I feel like I almost have to do cardio in order to make an effective cut. Anyway, good luck to everyone and their girls. After working a temporary full - time position, I got a taste of how hectic it can be trying to sustain one's health when throw out there into the real world. I actually gained a good 5 lbs (living in the middle of a big city was NOT good for my diet, to say the least...almost all this weight was pure fat smh).

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

I don't know if I should continue on an EC stack guys...last time I did it, it felt like I got sore and couldnt sustain my workouts as much. I felt a lot more prone to cramping as well...any contrary to some members here, I feel like I almost have to do cardio in order to make an effective cut. Anyway, good luck to everyone and their girls. After working a temporary full - time position, I got a taste of how hectic it can be trying to sustain one's health when throw out there into the real world. I actually gained a good 5 lbs (living in the middle of a big city was NOT good for my diet, to say the least...almost all this weight was pure fat smh).
Sad to hear that, I doubt EC is affecting your body like that...perhaps you're not eating enough or drinking enough water throughout the day.
I work a 9-5, do EC, and excel in all my lifts.
Haven't partied in a long time though....foreveralone.jpeg.

Originally Posted by jonathan0389

Anyone have any advice on what food to eat before and after workouts and what food helps muscle growth best?

eat a banana before workout

If you havent done Lunges in awhile.. and you do them properly with a decent amount of weight.

It'll hurt to sit down the next day, especially on the toilet.
laugh.gif

Me in the beginning of June. My arms have gotten almost an inch bigger. I'm trying to gain about 8 pounds of muscle and become more defined by the new year!
29wvbkk.jpg

Sry for the big $+* pic and half of it being my sink. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Sad to hear that, I doubt EC is affecting your body like that...perhaps you're not eating enough or drinking enough water throughout the day.

im willing to bet its because hes not taking in enough water each day

Originally Posted by Club 27

Yeah, me too.
Remember brah, caffeine is a diuretic...which means it dehydrates your body.  Gotta drink lots and lots of water!

smh...did deadlifts today and i started feeling some type of pain in my left knee as i pull up. not a sharp pain but its the first time i felt this pain, anyone have this problem? ive been doing deadlifts by the way 2x a week.

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Originally Posted by I3

Alternate between which one you work. If you do a phase where you focus primarily on the press, your bench press won't decrease, rather it will probably increase. Both work triceps and anterior deltoids, but there are more reasons than just that to do an exercise. A month or 2 for the press and a month or 2 for the bench press.

Hey dude, thanks for the help.  So doing them one after the other isn't counteractive? i.e. Bench then Military?

quick questions guys....
is doing squats and deadlifts on the same day bad?
should i switch deadlifts to back day instead of legs?

Originally Posted by Club 27

Yeah, me too.
Remember brah, caffeine is a diuretic...which means it dehydrates your body.  Gotta drink lots and lots of water!
Good looking out. Now that I think about it, I probably wasn't...I was only taking in about half a gallon per day. Iight, I might give this a try again....it was really scary doing some medium-intensity cardio though, so I might just stick to walking or jogging if I do this. And uhh...#$! was I even saying in the last post
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom