Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

^ also make sure youre getting sufficient electrolyte/mineral intake....potassium, magnesium, etc.

i drink a ton of water but got some cramps on EC stack+keto diet, went away when i supplemented with minerals and made sure to get enough electrolytes (avocados have a good deal of potassium).

not gonna lie though im so happy to be off the EC stack......got sick of it. ran it twice this summer, went through 4 boxes of primatene (60x12.5mg eph each) and the corresponding dose of caffeine.....upped it to 4x a day sometimes 5, had me feeling a little rough around the edges.

probably best to keep it 3x a day if you're gonna run it for a while.

starting this fall im thinking of doing

250mg test prop/wk
350mg tren ace/wk

100mcg mod-grf 2x/day
100mcg GHRP-2 2x/day

I need some help im looking at getting so Protein and have been reading about it but unsure of which to get. The problem i have is that i only ever workout at night before i go to bed, for some reason i can only do it then. Ive seen a few different types of Protein, Whey for straight after my workout but as im sleeping about half hour after my workout should i get Casien instead?

Originally Posted by jonathan0389

I need some help im looking at getting so Protein and have been reading about it but unsure of which to get. The problem i have is that i only ever workout at night before i go to bed, for some reason i can only do it then. Ive seen a few different types of Protein, Whey for straight after my workout but as im sleeping about half hour after my workout should i get Casien instead?
How about buying both types, and mix 1 scoop of whey with 1 scoop of casein (same flavor of course) and take the shake after you workout.
Optimum Nutrition is a good brand that makes both types of proteins.

Ok sounds good ill have a look at that brand, there are so many and im not exactly sure what im looking for. Also my budget isnt massive and im sure these tubs dont last ages so by taking one shake a night help muscle growth enough?

^Yea man, that's fine. Don't listen to people in here trying to make all this way more complicated than it need be. You're not trying to be an IFBB freak... why anyone would want to is another discussion.

Keep it simple. Eat moderately right, go hard in the gym, and get enough rest. No need for all this mumbo jumbo.

http://www.mensjournal.co...w-about-fitness-is-a-lie

Originally Posted by HankMoody

^Yea man, that's fine. Don't listen to people in here trying to make all this way more complicated than it need be. You're not trying to be an IFBB freak... why anyone would want to is another discussion.

Keep it simple. Eat moderately right, go hard in the gym, and get enough rest. No need for all this mumbo jumbo.

http://www.mensjournal.co...w-about-fitness-is-a-lie
Its just that i have been working out for a couple of months now and dont see huge improvements, im a slim guy anyway so i need something to help me out?

^Yea. You don't have to if you get solid sources of protein in every meal but sometimes it's difficult. I only use it once a day and that's with my breakfast, either mixed in with oatmeal or with cereal.

Edit: Read that article man. I posted it a few months back and a bunch of people pmed me saying thanks. You will not regret it.

Are your lifts increasing in weight or are you just doin the same thing everytime you go to the gym? Do you have a rough idea of how much protein and sleep youre getting everyday?

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

How about buying both types, and mix 1 scoop of whey with 1 scoop of casein (same flavor of course) and take the shake after you workout.
Optimum Nutrition is a good brand that makes both types of proteins.
cosign with this. get ON casein and whey and mix it together after workout. should be perfect.

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Are your lifts increasing in weight or are you just doin the same thing everytime you go to the gym? Do you have a rough idea of how much protein and sleep youre getting everyday?

Well i cant afford to go to a gym at the mo so im doing workouts at home i have free weights and have been researching lots of other exercises i can do to build muscle at home, i mix it up and have different workouts each day but as im quite slim its not doing a whole lot.

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Well i cant afford to go to a gym at the mo so im doing workouts at home i have free weights and have been researching lots of other exercises i can do to build muscle at home, i mix it up and have different workouts each day but as im quite slim its not doing a whole lot.

Hate to be the bringer of bad news, but limited access to weights isn't going to do much for the growth that you're looking for.
If you can shell out money for PowerBlock DB's (adjustable dbs) and a multi-angled bench, I suggest you do so. It may cost a grip right now, but if you think long-term, planning and creating a home-gym will pay off 100 times over.

THOUGH!

Having a home-gym isn't practical if

a) you live in an apartment.

b) live with your parents and plan on moving out soon.

Well hopefully ill get a more perminent job soon so i can use the gym, but in the mean time, shall i just get more dbs and a bench?

Originally Posted by HankMoody

^Yea. You don't have to if you get solid sources of protein in every meal but sometimes it's difficult. I only use it once a day and that's with my breakfast, either mixed in with oatmeal or with cereal.

Edit: Read that article man. I posted it a few months back and a bunch of people pmed me saying thanks. You will not regret it.
Just read the article and has some really good stuff in it, helps a lot. Much appreciated.

Anybody heard anything about this "Grenade" fat burner at GNC.  I tried a bottle of Oxylete and it was like magic, but this other stuff sounds interesting enough for me to consider before the re-up.

Well hopefully ill get a more perminent job soon so i can use the gym, but in the mean time, shall i just get more dbs and a bench?
Doorway pull up bars are $20.
Gymnastic rings can be found for under $80, if you're interested in them.
A used barbell set can be had for under $150 on craigslist. They may even come with a squat rack.

Having your own equipment makes exercise more convenient and cheaper. For under $300, you can assemble a decent home gym. That's a year's membership at a gym.
Look around, there are deals everywhere. Go to the local park and do some bodyweight moves(dips, pull ups, push ups, rows, squats, lunges, sprints, etc.)

Originally Posted by nealraj006

A used barbell set can be had for under $150 on craigslist. They may even come with a squat rack.

Having your own equipment makes exercise more convenient and cheaper. For under $300, you can assemble a decent home gym. That's a year's membership at a gym.
Look around, there are deals everywhere. Go to the local park and do some bodyweight moves(dips, pull ups, push ups, rows, squats, lunges, sprints, etc.)
Appreciate the help, i can probably do most of the workouts i want to do at home without the use of a gym, at the mo i cannot afford it at all, so this seemd the best way to go.

Update

15 days to go till judgment day. I must say this has been a journey for me. Ive been battling with myself the type of diet I should do. With 3 weeks left I finally figured it out
laugh.gif
When I was doing keto, it flattened me out and when I carbed up I smoothed out. So I took a look back when I used to eat what ever and still got into shape and decided to up my carbs a bit and its working great. Now I can get through my workouts no prob and im still burning fat.
I wish I figured this out sooner but oh well. I know I wont be in the conditioning I expected myself to be, but I should do fine.

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Appreciate the help, i can probably do most of the workouts i want to do at home without the use of a gym, at the mo i cannot afford it at all, so this seemd the best way to go.
If you want to gain muscle mass, you need to be doing compound movements with heavy weight for the best results.

That means squats, deadlifts, benchpress, standing overhead press and a bent over-row could make up almost all the routine you need as a beginner. What you want is access to a bench and squat rack, a barbell and weights. You might not be able to get to that easily now, but make it happen ASAP. 

To build mass you should be using a weight you can only manage to put up 8 times at first, when you can do say 10 reps you go up in weight. Within a few months of starting out, youre gonna need 200 pounds for sure, thats not practical if youre using dumbbells, especially if theyre not adjustable.

^^^ Thanks for the advice, gives me a better idea of what i need. I am completley new to all this stuff so i need all the help i can get.

Hey guys I need some help. I am at a plateau. I dropped 35lbs in 2 months. Changed my diet 3 meals 2 snacks nothing after 7pm. Also cardio 4-5 times a week. 20 minutes I intense HIIT or 30 minutes at incline. Weights are 3 times a week. No supplements. Any assistance is appreciated.

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

Hey guys I need some help. I am at a plateau. I dropped 35lbs in 2 months. Changed my diet 3 meals 2 snacks nothing after 7pm. Also cardio 4-5 times a week. 20 minutes I intense HIIT or 30 minutes at incline. Weights are 3 times a week. No supplements. Any assistance is appreciated.

What exactly are you plateau-ing at? Weight loss? Strength gain?

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

What exactly are you plateau-ing at? Weight loss? Strength gain?

Weight. I was 305 now at 270. Need to loose another 40

Back
Top Bottom