Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by GIGAJONES

Anyone workout twice a day? Cardio/HIIT & lifting? I do one or the other in the AM, I come home after work and feel like I should be doing something more.

I think that may be a little much for your body,

Anyone workout twice a day? Cardio/HIIT & lifting? I do one or the other in the AM, I come home after work and feel like I should be doing something more.
I've done 2-a-days before.  Depends on your goals, but as long as you fuel and recover properly, it's not harmful.

Does anyone swim here as a work out?

I'm not a very good swimmer, but I try anyway...What are your pre and post workout (swimming) meals? Or if anyone has any suggestions, that'd be great!

I used to have bball prac. @ 6am and 4pm. Also did it a summer when I was unemployed. 2-a-days is fun but if only your body can take it. One day you'll just crash.

I personally wouldn't do it now (well, with a 9-5 ). I have no purpose/goal for it. There's so much things you can find @ home that'll keep you occupied.

almost done with Insanity...feels good
glasses.gif

As far as two a days go, I usually do a shoo taround (not too intense). Eat a meal...digest a little and then do my workout.

Originally Posted by Cole World

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

what do you mean by changing it up every week?

http://www.muscleandstren...odybuilding-routine.html
thanks for the link, i think this is what my workouts have been missing
Changing up your routine every week sounds like a terrible idea IMO, and that article doesn't suggest it either.

If you decide to do something different every week, how do even know you're making progress? How can you claim to be consistent? I don't think you can. Get on a program, and work with it for a few months at the least.

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Changing up your routine every week sounds like a terrible idea IMO, and that article doesn't suggest it either.

If you decide to do something different every week, how do even know you're making progress? How can you claim to be consistent? I don't think you can. Get on a program, and work with it for a few months at the least.
Muscle confusion helps build the muscle, but it depends on your goals which you prefer.  I always change my routines 
grin.gif

I think changing your routine for longtime lifters is essential. If you just started lifting then you can get away from it since you're getting your "noob" gains. Like dude said, muscle confusion helps make your muscles grow. And it also depends on your goals. If you just want to be in shape and toned, then stick to one routine.

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Opinions on Hemp protein? Debating wether I should get that or whey. Pros and cons?

Was gonna try this too.
I know a con of whey is that it is a dairy product (produces mucus, basically dairy related problems) and whey is also more of a processed product, where hemp tends to be more natural, if I'm not mistaken. Just started looking into thought, there is probably more things that factor into it.
I did not know whey was a dairy product. Yea, that's definitely out of the question now. 
I was reading some on bb and they recommended to buy from this brand

Amazon product ASIN B002CPVTH4 

It seems the other brand that sells hemp protein has a protein with more fiber than protein on it, so you'd practically spend your time in the throne than getting in some reps if you take it pre workout.

I'm gonna give that 70% one a try and see whats good.

side question. What are the name of those belts or straps that you put around your waiste and you can attach a weight plate on it to do pull/chin ups?
I wouldn't worry too much about it (assuming you're lactose intolerant). The ON Whey that I use incorporate lactase into their product and I've never had any issues..

Not entirely sure about other companies but I assume they should have lactase as well..

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

I think changing your routine for longtime lifters is essential. If you just started lifting then you can get away from it since you're getting your "noob" gains. Like dude said, muscle confusion helps make your muscles grow. And it also depends on your goals. If you just want to be in shape and toned, then stick to one routine.
i feel like i have been doing the same workouts for a bit and not adding things like compound to isolation workouts. i want to be about aesthetics and not about how much weight i could put up.

I have been consistently hitting the gym 3-4 days a week (with the occasional week off here and there) for just over a year now and doing so without any supplements. Want to add some protein to my intake and see what kind of increased results I can get, so I am going to be picking up and some ON gold standard 100% Whey and Casein protein.

Im usually up by 10am, hitting the gym at 6pm, and in bed by midnight.

Would you bruhs recommend whey in the morning, mid-day, and post work out... and casein before bed?

Or a mixture of whey + casein with every protein intake?

Originally Posted by EMkicks

I have been consistently hitting the gym 3-4 days a week (with the occasional week off here and there) for just over a year now and doing so without any supplements. Want to add some protein to my intake and see what kind of increased results I can get, so I am going to be picking up and some ON gold standard 100% Whey and Casein protein.

Im usually up by 10am, hitting the gym at 6pm, and in bed by midnight.

Would you bruhs recommend whey in the morning, mid-day, and post work out... and casein before bed?

Or a mixture of whey + casein with every protein intake?
you don't "need" casein before bed. you won't go catabolic overnight. use the protein shakes to help you to meet your macros depending on what your goals are. 

Shake Post workout is more important. The rest of the protein get it from food, maybe lil cottage cheese or caseine b4 bed if you didn't hit your daily protein intake.

Thanks bruhs

I gotta step my macro knowledge up 
30t6p3b.gif

Im too detail oriented and specific that I find it a bit over whealming to account for EVERYTHING that I put into my body.

I gotta get back to reading this thread and into the gym here soon. Swear I might have a hernia...gotta wait till I get that checked out.

I work out twice a day about 3 to 4 times a week. I box though. I run in the morning around 6am then take a shower and hop on the train and go to the boxing gym. Usually i finish my workout by noon. If i have to cut weight I may go running in the evening too.

I usually work out in the morning on Fridays and then play basketball later that day for 2+ hours. Nothing bad about it.

Back
Top Bottom