Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

I'm back on my game.

Swimming and Pilates to get my body back on track.

Boxing, which I've done on and off for ages, in a few weeks. And interested is starting some Brazilian Jiu Jitsu classes.

Once I feel like I'm getting fit, I'll do some 2 a days when I can.

Pilates studio is right down the block and does a noon class. I can pop out of work and do that. Shower up, come back. Then go Boxing at 8pm after work.

Any work I need to do I pretty much can from my BB. Diet is straight. Eggs whites, Activia light, chicken breast, fruit, veggies, almonds, oatmeal. Protein shake after workout. Greek yogurt before bed.

This is the MO for Jan and early Feb. Then I'll start traveling again and look to maintain it while on the road. Let's go!

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

I usually work out in the morning on Fridays and then play basketball later that day for 2+ hours. Nothing bad about it.

Baby weights.

A while back I posted saying I had a tough time with barbell military press even though my dumbbell shoulder press is fine. Couldn't put up any kind of weight on the BB, but could do 55s with DBs.

Today I managed to get 95 up 5x5, then 115 up 3x3. Feels good to catch up.

my workouts have never taken this long to finish new years revolutioners
30t6p3b.gif
gobacktowhatyouweredoing.jpeg

So, I'm finally back into the swing of things and have a routine back, which feels good. Last night I had two beers after my workout. MY GOD..lemme tell..It was so rewarding and relaxing. I did some research because usually when I'm on a health kick my diet is super clean and I found encouraging answers regarding having a few drinks after working out or when you're training period.

Probably about to become my new thing considering how gosh darn refreshed I felt this morning heading into my workout. If your goals are long-term oriented then don't hesitate to try because in the grand scheme it hurts very little.

Looking to change things up...what do you guys think of my 5 day split?

SUNDAY- LEGS
MONDAY-CHEST & TRICEPS
TUESDAY-BACK
WEDNESDAY-REST
THURSDAY-SHOULDERS & BICEPS
FRIDAY-CHEST & TRICEPS
SATURDAY- REST

Will be incorporating cardio into every workout session & abs every other

Originally Posted by scshift

A while back I posted saying I had a tough time with barbell military press even though my dumbbell shoulder press is fine. Couldn't put up any kind of weight on the BB, but could do 55s with DBs.

Standing millitary press is the worst
mad.gif

Originally Posted by VoidEmperor

Originally Posted by scshift

Standing millitary press is the worst
mad.gif

I do them seated. When I stand I have a tendency to either use help from my legs or round my back, when I sit I can use strict form.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

So, I'm finally back into the swing of things and have a routine back, which feels good. Last night I had two beers after my workout. MY GOD..lemme tell..It was so rewarding and relaxing. I did some research because usually when I'm on a health kick my diet is super clean and I found encouraging answers regarding having a few drinks after working out or when you're training period.

Probably about to become my new thing considering how gosh darn refreshed I felt this morning heading into my workout. If your goals are long-term oriented then don't hesitate to try because in the grand scheme it hurts very little.

U keep telling yourself that bud, beer and alcohol in general is terrible for building muscle, even "1 or 2"

Do some research, you'll be surprised. This also isn't just a whim. Back when i was in the best shape of my life (only 3 years ago) I was drinking quite a bit.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Do some research, you'll be surprised. This also isn't just a whim. Back when i was in the best shape of my life (only 3 years ago) I was drinking quite a bit.
research has already been done..........i wont go into a long explanation about the effects on your metabolism, damages to your liver, or the fact that it essentially puts a layer of lard over your abs ill just post this

the way i see it is u must not really want to be fit that bad if u cant sacrifice a few drinks

and im by no means trying too say to not drink ever just dont come into a fitness thread promoting drinking a few after your workout b/c it has no effects, when in reality its probably the worst thing u can

Am skinny and i need some advice on gaining weight and building muscle

and can i get some detail advice please i know i need to eat more but what type of foods to eat and what type of exercises should i do ?

Anyone can put em up on a good 3 day split? Specifically where Bench, Squats and Deadlifts are done on different days

Originally Posted by pianoman52

Does L-Glutamine really help in preventing you from entering a catabolic state during longer workouts?

yes, it can. glutamine works wonders, so long as you stick to the schedule. 20 minutes before, 20 minutes after, 2 hours after if i'm not mistaken. i've been too poor to reup on supps for going on 6 months now, jonesing for my first paycheck next week
pimp.gif

About to start my second round of German Volume Training tomorrow. Highly recommended, it gets you jacked!

i feel like i need to incorporate some plyometrics to my split. my cardio sucks and i feel sluggish hooping.

yes? no? why?

Originally Posted by Based Mod

i feel like i need to incorporate some plyometrics to my split. my cardio sucks and i feel sluggish hooping.

yes? no? why?
Assuming you're talking lower body plyos, as long as you can squat 1.5x your bodyweight, it's fine.  If not, work on your squat first.

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

yes? no? why?
Assuming you're talking lower body plyos, as long as you can squat 1.5x your bodyweight, it's fine.  If not, work on your squat first.

general question:  when people talk about lifting "x" amount of weights, are they talking about max or working weight?
my working weight is 185, doing 6x4.  i weigh in at 145.  doubt i'm ready to squat 4 45lb plates
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

yes? no? why?

general question:  when people talk about lifting "x" amount of weights, are they talking about max or working weight?
my working weight is 185, doing 6x4.  i weigh in at 145.  doubt i'm ready to squat 4 45lb plates
laugh.gif
last I checked, 1.5x your body weight would be less than two plates? you should be able to REP 1.5x your body weight before getting heavy into plyos
for basketball (or any other vert heavy sport), it's usually suggested that you do plyos in the offseason (or when you're not playing over a period of time)

you can still hoop, you just might not see the same gains as if you were to dedicate two months to plyos without any hooping

anyway, i usually do explosive lunges and box jumps for vert training. throw in some jump squats with about a plate on each side, and some weighted ankle hops for good measure. 

if you do the jump squats, make sure that your squat technique is impeccable and you're not coming down stiff legged. jump squats can really %$## you if you're not careful.

Originally Posted by itzbooranss

Anyone can put em up on a good 3 day split? Specifically where Bench, Squats and Deadlifts are done on different days
Chest/Biceps
Back/Triceps
Shoulders/Legs

Chest/Triceps
Back/Biceps
Shoulders/Legs

Chest/Shoulders
Legs
Back/Arms

Chest/Arms
Legs
Back/Shoulders

Originally Posted by Dunkfest12

The hell did I just watch? No hateI mean the video is some guy doing 2 plates on chest and some dips with a r&b background musicYou auditioning for something?

Back
Top Bottom