Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

How long does it take for me to see changes in my arms? I was on a caloric deficit before, but now Ive started to eat more (bulk). thanks

some of you guys in here are ridiculous
30t6p3b.gif

How are we supposed to know when YOU will see changes in YOUR arms?
If you aren't willing to spend a great deal of time doing the work, and wait a great deal of time to see results, stay home. 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure

If you aren't willing to spend a great deal of time doing the work, and wait a great deal of time to see results, stay home. 
smokin.gif

I mean in sizing. I have seen a lot of difference since I started, but now that im starting to eat more how long will it take for them to grow in size.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

That's not average. It's not amazing but he has low body fat and a nice amount of muscle. He will actually look good in any type of clothes and on the beach as opposed to the t-nation folk in here. Plus, iirc, he's 6'5".

Exactly. People keep saying "average", well average on the scale of what? Size? I mean I'm not trying to look big, I'd rather look lean and cut.

It might be average in terms of bulk but it's above average in terms of actual appearance.

Originally Posted by VeEzyV

smokin.gif

I mean in sizing. I have seen a lot of difference since I started, but now that im starting to eat more how long will it take for them to grow in size.
Theyll grow constantly, its just a question of when you notice it. Now cut it out with these stupid questions.

Originally Posted by VeEzyV

smokin.gif

Around 37 days or 12 workouts that hit arms.

Which ever comes first.

Originally Posted by alhubley

So what your doing is downplaying the role genetics play. Sure there are guys with great genetics that are gonna grow no matter what. It's the same way with natural people. It's not the steroids that make a person grow while slacking off or everybody who took them would look great. No matter what I do or take I'll never look like Jay Cutler even if I mirrored his every move. Steroids are not a quick fix to a great body. With the right work and dedication they can improve your physique but if you slack off don't expect much.

Of course genetics play a role. However, the differences there are not as wide as you would see in PED users. 
You can't take Jay Cutler as an example because those at the top do put in the work. They're the outliers on the bell curve. On the other hand, they're also enormously helped by PED's. Some prob a lot more than others but all would not be where they are without them. 

I used to train under a coach who was a trainer on the Soviet national team. There was a Soviet/ Olympic champion lifter by the name of Urik Vardanyan. As an 82.5 kg he had a 400+ kilo total. That's unheard off. No one has beat his record to this day (although they restructured  the weight classes). The coach I trained under substantiated(because there were rumors for a long time) that without the juice, Urik Vardanyan was flat out horrible. He wouldn't even have made it to the B Group. 

This is an extreme example but people don't give PED's enough credit. You'll seldom hear people even admit to them. I have no problem with people using them. I've  been/ am around a lot of people who have but credit should be given where it is due. 

smokin.gif

You don't need to put in a lot of time. Especially for biceps. They have to be stimulated in the right way.
My only bi work is DB rows, snatch/clean pulls, and upright rows. There's no direct work involved, nor would I say I put  much time into it. 

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

So what your doing is downplaying the role genetics play. Sure there are guys with great genetics that are gonna grow no matter what. It's the same way with natural people. It's not the steroids that make a person grow while slacking off or everybody who took them would look great. No matter what I do or take I'll never look like Jay Cutler even if I mirrored his every move. Steroids are not a quick fix to a great body. With the right work and dedication they can improve your physique but if you slack off don't expect much.

Of course genetics play a role. However, the differences there are not as wide as you would see in PED users. 
You can't take Jay Cutler as an example because those at the top do put in the work. They're the outliers on the bell curve. On the other hand, they're also enormously helped by PED's. Some prob a lot more than others but all would not be where they are without them. 

I used to train under a coach who was a trainer on the Soviet national team. There was a Soviet/ Olympic champion lifter by the name of Urik Vardanyan. As an 82.5 kg he had a 400+ kilo total. That's unheard off. No one has beat his record to this day (although they restructured  the weight classes). The coach I trained under substantiated(because there were rumors for a long time) that without the juice, Urik Vardanyan was flat out horrible. He wouldn't even have made it to the B Group. 

This is an extreme example but people don't give PED's enough credit. You'll seldom hear people even admit to them. I have no problem with people using them. I've  been/ am around a lot of people who have but credit should be given where it is due. 
This seemed like it might make sense until I read that

PR today: 125 lb single dumbbell row (10 reps, btw my gym's max DB weight is 125)/ 365lbs extended deadlifts ( 8 reps)

so guys, ive been on keto since pretty much march, down to 195 from 227, i think ive plateaued, havent made any progress in a month, any tips?? ive been hitting the gym regularly (lifting heavy 4 days a week), my lifts have been increasing steady but slowly, and i actually added cardio in the morning 4 times a week the past couple of weeks with no results (AND oxyelite pro), so i dedided just to limit myself to 2300 calories a day (2750 is my maintanance) and eat clean (chicken/beef/steak/tuna/egg whites and brown rice/whole grain pasta/oatmeal/vegetables) all of that good stuff, anyways...

... has anyone tried Intermittend fasting?? ive been reading up on it these past couple of days and im intrigued (since im gonna have to start going to the gym at 6am anyways), of course using my new cal deficient diet, thanks a lot in advanced guys!
happy.gif

Need some advice please...... Should I do shoulders&back one day then chest&tris the next? Or should it be shoulders&chest then tris&back? Any info would be great.

Originally Posted by fresh2deff

Need some advice please...... Should I do shoulders&back one day then chest&tris the next? Or should it be shoulders&chest then tris&back? Any info would be great.

i think you should avoid doing shoulders with another large muscle group.  maybe have a separate day dedicated to shoulders.

Why would you do no iso exercises for your biceps wawa?

I'm like wawa on this. I haven't done direct bicep work in a long time. Stick to compound lifts. Biceps don't need a ton of stimulation to grow. If your weight isn't going up on the scale don't expect your arms to be getting any bigger. Most peoples biggest mistake when trying to get bigger is not eating enough.

I'm like wawa on this. I haven't done direct bicep work in a long time. Stick to compound lifts. Biceps don't need a ton of stimulation to grow. If your weight isn't going up on the scale don't expect your arms to be getting any bigger. Most peoples biggest mistake when trying to get bigger is not eating enough.
I disagree with you and wawa
Thats like the people saying, "no need for calf exercises, it will grow doing squats"????

There's no way I could of gotten the bis I got without doing iso exercises. The stimulation I get from doing compounds dont compare to isos for my bis

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

This seemed like it might make sense until I read that

Compared to amateurs like myself he was still a beast but that's not the point. When you're a world champion on the stuff but without it you wouldn't even qualify for the competition, That's a pretty extreme divergence.

Originally Posted by Dropten

I disagree with you and wawa
Thats like the people saying, "no need for calf exercises, it will grow doing squats"????

There's no way I could of gotten the bis I got without doing iso exercises. The stimulation I get from doing compounds dont compare to isos for my bis

You're not doing the right compounds or going heavy enough.Let's say I do high snatch pulls at 335. For a split second in that movement I'm upright rowing and holding 335 and my bis are bearing a substantial portion of that. Under which iso movement will I be able to out my bi's under that much stress?Same goes for db rows or upright rows. I can't strict curl more than about 120 so I'm limited in that.

anyone mess with neck bridges??

i'm tryna build my neck up a bit but i'm not sure if i'm about this life
laugh.gif

i've started doing it with my hands assisting but to go without would surely mean instant death
30t6p3b.gif

I won't argue with you dropten your 20" guns are bigger then mine. For me my arms respond better without the direct arm work though. No one thing us gonna work for everybody. Id be willing to bet your arms would be pretty close to what they are if not just as good if you didn't do the direct arm work though.

Back
Top Bottom