Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by Caerus

^ Dude. Just eat healthy and you'll be fine. Don't have to eat the foods they say. I just changed up my diet, took away sweets, fried foods, bread, etc.

thats what i figured
laugh.gif
appreciate

im going to be starting it tomm
pimp.gif

any advice/tips/pointers
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Zyzz

you should not be in the gym more than 45 minutes, if you are your doing it wrong. SRS

I was told that when hitting the weights, I should be in there no longer for 45 min. But of course that excludes cardio,warm-up, etc

Originally Posted by 23kidd

you should not be in the gym more than 45 minutes, if you are your doing it wrong. SRS

I was told that when hitting the weights, I should be in there no longer for 45 min. But of course that excludes cardio,warm-up, etc
I think that's what he meant, if your weight training for more than 45 mins that is

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by quik1987

Originally Posted by Caerus

Okay then, that works for you then. But for dude to say it's "wrong" shut the hell up.

Everybody has their own routine.
Well, it's not necessarily wrong, but it's not the most efficient. This could work for everyone and not just me. High intensity training is much more effective. You can obviously still see results by slugging around the gym, but why waste the extra time when you can get your results faster and in less time.

Not everyone has the same goals
?
What's that got to do with using gym time efficiently? I'll humor you though...If you're training for a marathon or something then sure, but if you're at a gym long enough, how much time is spent dilly dallying and not working out? 

90% of the people in here want to look good, feel good, kick some +*!...For that, HIT  for 30-45 minutes is for everyone.

We don't need to argue this, because I've already done this and it's proven.  Both ways and I'm talking from experience. Maybe people don't want to hear that their 2 hours in the gym is waste and that's why it's a disagreement, but I'm saying...You can get  your results quicker and with less gym time if you work your +*! off. 
That's all that matters to me. I would listen though because I'm right. 
wink.gif

So aside from 30-45 HIIT

What if you lift for another 30

That puts you at 1hr- 1hr15 no?

What if you gotta wait for machine

What if you stretch after

What if you shower after

is that still 45 mins?

I'm not talking about HIIT. HIT = High intensity training. In a broader sense, the weight training version.

I lift on my lunch break and have exactly 1 hour to knock this out, shower and drive time (7 mins in total) included. I'm doing all the same workouts, including length of sets and number of workouts, as I was when I had more time available, yet I'm seeing/feeling much better results this time around.

3 days of weight training and two of cardio (insert HIIT here). Wonderful results dudes. I eat clean too though, but that's merely for my appearance.

?
What's that got to do with using gym time efficiently? I'll humor you though...If you're training for a marathon or something then sure, but if you're at a gym long enough, how much time is spent dilly dallying and not working out? 

90% of the people in here want to look good, feel good, kick some +*!...For that, HIT  for 30-45 minutes is for everyone.

We don't need to argue this, because I've already done this and it's proven.  Both ways and I'm talking from experience. Maybe people don't want to hear that their 2 hours in the gym is waste and that's why it's a disagreement, but I'm saying...You can get  your results quicker and with less gym time if you work your +*! off. 
wink.gif

So aside from 30-45 HIIT

What if you shower after

is that still 45 mins?

indifferent.gif

stop being so petty.  you know what the hell he meant.

?

wink.gif

So aside from 30-45 HIIT

What if you shower after

is that still 45 mins?

Your doing to much man. He clearly stated his thoughts, he's right. I understand what he means.

Originally Posted by Based Mod

?

wink.gif

So aside from 30-45 HIIT

What if you shower after

is that still 45 mins?

indifferent.gif

stop being so petty.  you know what the hell he meant.
For real
laugh.gif
 That shower, stretching, and "waiting" are pretty irrelevant (who counts the shower anyway?) 
If you're nearly using every machine, with the only rest you're getting being done in super sets (resting legs while doing chests press/resting your arms while doing

leg extensions, etc), 2 hours flies by very fast, especially based on the amount of reps.

It is funny though during my time at the gym, noticing the people who came in after me but left before, I just wonder what they actually did. I've watched people 

run the treadmill for 10 minutes, take a water break in between, and leave....like, you could have just ran down the street at your house and accomplished the

same thing.

been doing that 3x15, 4x10, 5x5 workout mentioned a few pages back.
last week i did the 3x15 and this week i started the 4x10... my body is hurt. 

Anybody willing to share their cardio workouts? Do you use machines (Steps, Bike, etc) or run sprints/HIIT?

I wanna start doing uphill HIIT sprints everyday about 6-10x. I can just feel my quads and calves getting stronger with each sprint

My routine for cardio right now is warming-up/starting with jumping rope. 4 or 5 sets that last one minute long. 30 secs rest in between. From there I go straight to the heavy bag. starting at one minute and building to two mintues per round. 4 rounds with one minute rest in between. Finish up with HIIT sprints. Either on a treadmill or outside. Varies from 30 sec jog to 15 sec sprints, 1 min jog/30 sec sprint, or some other combo. Started at 7 minutes and I never go longer than 15 once I build up to that.

Gets the heart pumping! Feels so rewarding and refreshing afterwards too.

This is gonna sound like a stupid question but w/e... I've never hit the steam room before-what are you supposed to wear? A towel around you like whenever they go in there on tv shows, or workout shorts, bathing suit?? I was just looking at benefits of it and my friend was telling me it was great for hangovers lol. 
And for how long should you stay in there?

I'm not talking about HIIT. HIT = High intensity training. In a broader sense, the weight training version.

I lift on my lunch break and have exactly 1 hour to knock this out, shower and drive time (7 mins in total) included. I'm doing all the same workouts, including length of sets and number of workouts, as I was when I had more time available, yet I'm seeing/feeling much better results this time around.

3 days of weight training and two of cardio (insert HIIT here). Wonderful results dudes. I eat clean too though, but that's merely for my appearance.
Agreed.  I never understand the dudes standing around not doing anything waiting several minutes between sets.  Thankfully my gym isn't ever too busy when I go and when I lift I take about 45 seconds between sets.  No wasted time.  I get my routines done in half the time most of the dudes there.

Originally Posted by Vinod869

been doing that 3x15, 4x10, 5x5 workout mentioned a few pages back.
last week i did the 3x15 and this week i started the 4x10... my body is hurt. 

Make sure you power through the soreness, first couple weeks are a !*!%*

Rest up + post workout meal is important too.
Originally Posted by TroyMcClure

TXCaddy^  I drink one directly after working out and then another one right before bed.
Anyway, here is a good article "The Simple Diet": http://www.t-nation.com/f...t_recent/the_simple_diet

I am not necessarily trying to lose weight but, I am also not trying to gain any junk weight either. So, I will adjust this program accordingly. 

But, I think this does a good job at balancing a diet with the other things of the real world. For those not looking to go "extreme".

Also, anyone else find it hard to cook for just yourself? When making things like rice do y'all just measure out a serving size? I wish rice didn't take so long.

I also need a "dummys guide to fish"...

I'm hearing start out with something like Talapia? 

Thanks for posting that diet, been looking for a simple diet and something that doesn't kill me too

when i said gym i meant weights pretty much

theres dudes that lift for 60-90 minutes and thats quite possibly the stupidest and biggest waste of time.

theres dudes that lift for 60-90 minutes and thats quite possibly the stupidest and biggest waste of time.

^ See, at least dude clarified a bit. You shouldn't spend more than 45 min LIFTING. Fine. But to say you shouldn't be spending more than 45 min in the GYM is a blanket statement, there are other aspects of the gym than just weights.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Agreed.  I never understand the dudes standing around not doing anything waiting several minutes between sets.  Thankfully my gym isn't ever too busy when I go and when I lift I take about 45 seconds between sets.  No wasted time.  I get my routines done in half the time most of the dudes there.
Certain protocols require longer rest periods.  These people "standing around not doing anything", how do you know what their goal is?  What if their goal is maximum strength or power?  If perhaps their goal for the session was to improve max strength/power, they're not going to do it with just 45 seconds rest between sets like you do. 

Here's something that I learned early on when going for my first certification that always stuck with me: There's no such thing as a good/bad exercise, or good/bad routine.  Everything is either appropriate/inappropriate for the individual given their goals, current fitness level, health, physical limitations, injuries, etc.  How can you tell a person's goals/fitness/injuries/medical issues just by looking at them?  You might see someone in the gym doing external shoulder rotation exercises or lateral raises with light weights, and an uneducated "bro science" guy might assume that they're "wasting their time" and should be doing a heavy compound overhead press to work their shoulders instead...but how do you know that person isn't rehabbing a shoulder surgery?  Or how do you know that person doesn't have hypertension?  You can't judge ANYTHING without knowing the person and their history.

To be honest I dont put a time limit.. I go off how I feel.

As long as I know mentally im going as hard as I could during my reps, sets, rest time - then its worthwhile..

Originally Posted by SdotCAR619

Can anybody explain to me why I gain 3 pounds AFTER a workout?!
Maybe you're drinking a ton of water during your workout and weighing yourself right after you workout?
Weigh yourself in the morning after you take a #1 and/or #2.

�@%@#, just @%@#. I love when people say lifting weights more than an hour is waste of time. It takes me 45-60 minutes just to warm up to my working sets on my compound lifts. Just to give you an idea of the weight I push...�

For you spring time cutters, I highly recommend you guys try incorporating IF and Carb Cycling. Went on a mini cut for a vegas trip, and it was my first time doing IF and Carb-Cycing. I leaned out very quickly and did not lose much strength or size at all. Started an EC stack and it became almost too easy. I recommend using a BCAA or EAA to maintain as much muscle as possible. I've been using Humapro for quite sometime instead of protein powders and have found it to be very effective.

Originally Posted by krazyg

For you spring time cutters, I highly recommend you guys try incorporating IF and Carb Cycling. Went on a mini cut for a vegas trip, and it was my first time doing IF and Carb-Cycing. I leaned out very quickly and did not lose much strength or size at all. Started an EC stack and it became almost too easy. I recommend using a BCAA or EAA to maintain as much muscle as possible. I've been using Humapro for quite sometime instead of protein powders and have found it to be very effective.

I'd like to hear more from those of you who have used BCAA.  From what I've heard it's just a bunch of broscience.  Anyone notice any significant differences with it?

Originally Posted by miamin2

This is gonna sound like a stupid question but w/e... I've never hit the steam room before-what are you supposed to wear? A towel around you like whenever they go in there on tv shows, or workout shorts, bathing suit?? I was just looking at benefits of it and my friend was telling me it was great for hangovers lol. 
And for how long should you stay in there?

for a steam room, it would be cool (like the movies) to strip down and go in with a towel wrap. but i just take my shirt off, and lay a towel of the bench cause itll be wet.
same for saunas cept i keep my shirt on and no need for a towel. 

as far as timing, just do with what youre comfortable with. ive been doin it (sauna) for years and i stay no more than 15 mins. but if youre just starting out, try to shoot for like 7 mins. 

Back
Top Bottom