Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by ZEEN1NE

Originally Posted by Durden7

ZEEN1NE wrote:
Im doing maximum strength training for 4 weeks, going to take 1 week off & start back up after.
With the way i'm training now it's 1-5 reps of real sets. real sets i mean that you do 1,2 & on the 3rd rep you're struggling.
Depending on the body part you are working out you do a certain amt of sets. An example would be, 16-17 sets for chest * 9-11 sets for tri's.
Doing this you won't see much change with your physique but your strength and core will definitely get stronger.
I started this 3 weeks ago and I've noticed significant gains with the weight i push.
I'm eating like crazy, i eat all day non stop. I have been gaining some fat but i'll worry about that when it's time for it.
Supplements that I'm on now consist of, Supercharge Extreme (Labrada), Serious Mass (ON), 100% Whey (ON), Creatine monohydrate, vitamin C & glucosamine.

Morning i have breakfast then my 2nd meal or 4th meal is usually a Serious Mass shake.
Pre workout: Supercharge
Post workout: 100% whey mixed with some creatine
& every night before going to bed i have 2 vitamin c & glucosamine pills The aim of this maximum strength workout program is to increase pure strength as well as muscle density. There will be little increase in muscle size but the density of the myo filaments in the muscle will increase. In addition to power lifters, anyone training for muscle size would benefit from including a maximum strength phase in their training cycle. It can help you get through a sticking point by allowing you to lift more weight and further increase your muscle size when you resume your regular routine. This type of training will produce harder, stronger muscles, improved joint stability, better symmetry and greater aesthetic appeal.
Muscle density??
laugh.gif

yeah muscle density..getting harder muscles, a more solid look. idk why that's amusing to you.

dont worry about it i understand what you mean 100%

"density" can be related to muscle thickness and hardness (kind of a subjective fitness related gym term w/e you wanna call it)

Density is a scientific term and should be able to be measured, so maybe that is why Durden is laughin at you.

depleted muscle fibers vs expanded muscle fibers

Durden no need to come off like a fitness know it all at times i know you knew what he meant. I understand you obviously have more knowledge than the avg joeor even a meathead that is bigger than you but i know you dont laugh at clients you work with now do you?

Im doing maximum strength training for 4 weeks, going to take 1 week off & start back up after.
With the way i'm training now it's 1-5 reps of real sets. real sets i mean that you do 1,2 & on the 3rd rep you're struggling.
Depending on the body part you are working out you do a certain amt of sets. An example would be, 16-17 sets for chest * 9-11 sets for tri's.
Doing this you won't see much change with your physique but your strength and core will definitely get stronger.
I started this 3 weeks ago and I've noticed significant gains with the weight i push.
I'm eating like crazy, i eat all day non stop. I have been gaining some fat but i'll worry about that when it's time for it.
Supplements that I'm on now consist of, Supercharge Extreme (Labrada), Serious Mass (ON), 100% Whey (ON), Creatine monohydrate, vitamin C & glucosamine.

Morning i have breakfast then my 2nd meal or 4th meal is usually a Serious Mass shake.
& every night before going to bed i have 2 vitamin c & glucosamine pills The aim of this maximum strength workout program is to increase pure strength as well as muscle density. There will be little increase in muscle size but the density of the myo filaments in the muscle will increase. In addition to power lifters, anyone training for muscle size would benefit from including a maximum strength phase in their training cycle. It can help you get through a sticking point by allowing you to lift more weight and further increase your muscle size when you resume your regular routine. This type of training will produce harder, stronger muscles, improved joint stability, better symmetry and greater aesthetic appeal.
I'm doing the same thing your doing right now Zeen1ne I've been sticking to 5 reps with 4 sets for most excercises for about a month now. I actually gained like 3 lbs of muscle in the process and I agree with you about the muscle density thing. I am about to take a week off because I'mgoing to florida to visit my family.

How is the Serious Mass working for you? I know it says it's not supposed to make you all chubby looking and thats not what I want at all....I remember inlate high school I started using GNC's weight gainer, omg man I had all this slight chub everywhere and felt heavy as hell for the whole day likebloated...def not a good look.

Originally Posted by IICEMAN83

Dont really care for powders but thought you guys may find this useful

FitRx.com has Two 5lb Tubs of Optimum Nutrition Whey Gold Standard protein supplement in a variery of flavors for $66 with free shipping using coupon code ONWINTER.

• Banana Cream
  • Caramel Toffee Fudge
  • Chocolate Malt
  • Chocolate Mint
  • Coffee
  • Cookies and Cream
  • Delicious Strawberry
  • Double Rich Chocolate
  • Extreme Milk Chocolate
  • French Vanilla Creme
  • Mocha Cappuccino
  • Rocky Road
  • Strawberry Banana
  • Tropical Punch
  • Vanilla Chai
  • Vanilla Ice Cream
  • White Chocolate w/ six Free HydroWhey Samples
Anyone else order from them?

That is a VERY good deal.. reviews?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by Durden7

ZEEN1NE wrote:

Muscle density??
laugh.gif

yeah muscle density..getting harder muscles, a more solid look. idk why that's amusing to you.

dont worry about it i understand what you mean 100%

"density" can be related to muscle thickness and hardness (kind of a subjective fitness related gym term w/e you wanna call it)

Density is a scientific term and should be able to be measured, so maybe that is why Durden is laughin at you.

depleted muscle fibers vs expanded muscle fibers

Durden no need to come off like a fitness know it all at times i know you knew what he meant. I understand you obviously have more knowledge than the avg joe or even a meathead that is bigger than you but i know you dont laugh at clients you work with now do you?

It is a scientific term and should be measured, which is where the "
laugh.gif
" came in.

Im not trying to come off like a know it all. I try to make sure that what people say is correct. Theres a lot of things I dont know about, and I just chooseto comment on the things that I do know. Its humorous to me when people (not just this example) use terms and phrases that make things seemdifferent/better/more intelligent/etc. than what they really are.

Its also puzzling that this would increase muscle density (which I understand what the objective is) yet creatine is being taken. Seems counterproductive, no? (I will say that creatine is being taken properly in this situation compared to a lot of people who dont use it efficiently. Thats nice to finally see.)

i understood why you laughed im just sayin all ya hadda do was explain it to em ya know?

believe me ive ran into more than a handful of people who have tried to have convos with me an come off like they "knew" what they were talking abouti never laughed just kinda........yea, okay, mhmmm.........then just break it down or explain what they think they mean or trying to ask/get across.

i know you can relate im not bustin your balls man im just sayin i know you knew what he meant.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

I'm doing the same thing your doing right now Zeen1ne I've been sticking to 5 reps with 4 sets for most excercises for about a month now. I actually gained like 3 lbs of muscle in the process and I agree with you about the muscle density thing. I am about to take a week off because I'm going to florida to visit my family.

How is the Serious Mass working for you? I know it says it's not supposed to make you all chubby looking and thats not what I want at all....I remember in late high school I started using GNC's weight gainer, omg man I had all this slight chub everywhere and felt heavy as hell for the whole day like bloated...def not a good look.
How positive are you that it's 3 lbs of muscle? Typically there's almost always a fat gain, but if it was purely muscle in about 1 month,good job.

i understood why you laughed im just sayin all ya hadda do was explain it to em ya know?

believe me ive ran into more than a handful of people who have tried to have convos with me an come off like they "knew" what they were talking about i never laughed just kinda........yea, okay, mhmmm.........then just break it down or explain what they think they mean or trying to ask/get across.

i know you can relate im not bustin your balls man im just sayin i know you knew what he meant.

Yeah, I understand. No problem.

I'm doing the same thing your doing right now Zeen1ne I've been sticking to 5 reps with 4 sets for most excercises for about a month now. I actually gained like 3 lbs of muscle in the process and I agree with you about the muscle density thing. I am about to take a week off because I'm going to florida to visit my family.

How is the Serious Mass working for you? I know it says it's not supposed to make you all chubby looking and thats not what I want at all....I remember in late high school I started using GNC's weight gainer, omg man I had all this slight chub everywhere and felt heavy as hell for the whole day like bloated...def not a good look.

Not only does what am about to tell you save some money but it also helps you not gain so much fat. Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass Nutriton Facts: http://www.suppdirect.com...ss_12lbs_Nutritional.jpgInstead of putting 2 scoops in my shake i put only 1 and add a teaspoon of PB, half a banana & i make it half milk & half water. This way I'madding food to the mix and stretching out the powder to last me more. Besides do you really need 253g of carbs in one sitting?
laugh.gif
thats kinda o.d if you askme. Making the shake with milk makes it a little more thicker but it balances out when you add water.

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

How positive are you that it's 3 lbs of muscle? Typically there's almost always a fat gain, but if it was purely muscle in about 1 month, good job.

Yea I forgot to post " I hope
laugh.gif
" after that muscle comment. Thing is it may be 2 lbs muscle 1 lb fat or whatever. I really don't know but amonth ago I was weighing in at 146 in the morning and this was with a very good diet, limiting any junk food to 1 or maybe 2x a month a bag of sun chips or akit kat. After I started doing strength training I now come in at 149-150 in the morning and this is with doing HIIT/Karate/Heavy bag work 2x a week like Idid a month back. Keeping all the variables the same except my training leads me to believe I gained a couple pounds of muscle, but maybe a 1 lb of fat.

i m 6'3 and only 165 lbs, im not trying to get real big or anything just more defined, maybe add a healthy 10lbs, can someone hook me up with a goodworkout schedule, i have a pull up bar, curling bars, a 12lb medicine and a bench with mad weights

http://www.flexonline.com.au/44.html

great article

This breakthrough scientific study shows how to determine optimum recovery time

interesting stuff

what do yo think about that dogpound/dogcrapp (i think its called
laugh.gif
)training , where you bsiacally do the opposite of what this article talks about and work every major uscle group 2x a week?

the theory is these workouts won't be as effective as one with proper rest, but dping it twice without proper rest will lead to more gains than doing itonce a week wth it.

i was kinda interested in it but the workouts seem nuts........back and chest the same day, etc. im pretty sure arnold did something like it but he obviouslyhad some chemical help, not sure how a natural dude would fare.....i feel like it would just lead to burning out or injury.

oh and serious mass.....its just a protein blend+maltodextrin, which causes blood sugar spikes, meaning it's like eating a sugar. not good.

Originally Posted by bLaZ3n

FitRx.com has Two 5lb Tubs of Optimum Nutrition Whey Gold Standard protein supplement in a variery of flavors for $66 with free shipping using coupon code ONWINTER.

• Banana Cream
  • Caramel Toffee Fudge
  • Chocolate Malt
  • Chocolate Mint
  • Coffee
  • Cookies and Cream
  • Delicious Strawberry
  • Double Rich Chocolate
  • Extreme Milk Chocolate
  • French Vanilla Creme
  • Mocha Cappuccino
  • Rocky Road
  • Strawberry Banana
  • Tropical Punch
  • Vanilla Chai
  • Vanilla Ice Cream

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

I been a vegetaran (lacto- vegetarian to be exact) for 10 days and I'm not really feeling any noticable difference yet like some people claim. In fact, I think I felt more sluggish the beginning of last week than I ever have. I did "cheat" today to finish these egg whites I have in my fridge, but henceforth the majority of my protein is going to be dairy and stuff like beans and I want to order a good whey and a rice protein from TrueProtein

I'm lacto-vegetarian too. I've noticed that when I eat more carbs, I feel worse than when I eat higher fat. Instead of eating so many grains orlegumes, try and eat more nuts and seeds. Grains should be kept to a minimum imo, and fruit, vegetables, nuts, and sprouted beans/psuedograins(quinoa,buckwheat, amaranth, wild rice) should make up more of your diet.

now thats one supplement ive never messed with in my life

mass gainers they are filled with crap, im not a hard gainer but serioiusly id really just bump up calories instead of shakes like that

Joe never heard of that..............Big Beyond Belief program kinda sounds like what you just stated though.

i was thinking that when you repeat the same exercises you get less and less of a return over time. I was wondering if this is the same case with food thatwhen you eat the same foods continuously, your body absorbs less of the nutrients from the food? I have heard of carb cycling which is somewhat related to whati'm trying to get at.

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

I been a vegetaran (lacto- vegetarian to be exact) for 10 days and I'm not really feeling any noticable difference yet like some people claim. In fact, I think I felt more sluggish the beginning of last week than I ever have. I did "cheat" today to finish these egg whites I have in my fridge, but henceforth the majority of my protein is going to be dairy and stuff like beans and I want to order a good whey and a rice protein from TrueProtein

I'm lacto-vegetarian too. I've noticed that when I eat more carbs, I feel worse than when I eat higher fat. Instead of eating so many grains or legumes, try and eat more nuts and seeds. Grains should be kept to a minimum imo, and fruit, vegetables, nuts, and sprouted beans/psuedograins(quinoa, buckwheat, amaranth, wild rice) should make up more of your diet.
Alright thanx, I'll give that a try. Nuts have a terrible calorie to volume ratio though. I bought some 100 calorie packs of almonds one time,you get like 5 of them for 100 calories
eyes.gif
I bought some tofu last night,have no idea how to prepare/eat it.

• Banana Cream
  • Caramel Toffee Fudge
  • Chocolate Malt
  • Chocolate Mint
  • Coffee
  • Cookies and Cream
  • Delicious Strawberry
  • Double Rich Chocolate
  • Extreme Milk Chocolate
  • French Vanilla Creme
  • Mocha Cappuccino
  • Rocky Road
  • Strawberry Banana
  • Tropical Punch
  • Vanilla Chai
  • Vanilla Ice Cream

nerd.gif
Ordered from em twice before. 4 big
f5235c65ebf573f38059f18252fd782f6562674.gif
bucketstotal.

Winz.

Get the White Chocolate.

now thats one supplement ive never messed with in my life

mass gainers they are filled with crap, im not a hard gainer but serioiusly id really just bump up calories instead of shakes like that

Joe never heard of that..............Big Beyond Belief program kinda sounds like what you just stated though.
Forreal, I think many of the knowledgeable heads in here will agree completely with that sentiment. I mean, if gaining mass was simple as taking 1supplement then everybody would be damn near looking like Ronnie. I told my roommate he might as well just throw that entire tub of his away, it's filledwith nothing but crud anyway...that's the only reason why they're so heavy
laugh.gif

low cal diet finally caught up to me in the gym

leg day was brutal and i was at like 70% at the most. squats had to cap at 3 sets, skipped hack squats entirely, 3 sets of lunges, 3 sets of leg press and Ibarely moved above my warmup weight
smh.gif

oh well

What do you do to physically cope with eating bad meals? I just had a bad meal the other day (last night) and as usual, I feel as though a week of hard workgoes down the drain. I don't eat like this often at all. But when I do, I feel like doing something (besides working out that day LOL). Drinking a glalonof water is what I usually do

As an ectomorpoh a bad meal doen't exist because your going to lose it anyway. The opposite of that of course would work-off those calories entirely.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

What do you do to physically cope with eating bad meals? I just had a bad meal the other day (last night) and as usual, I feel as though a week of hard work goes down the drain. I don't eat like this often at all. But when I do, I feel like doing something (besides working out that day LOL). Drinking a glalon of water is what I usually do
happens to everyone. and it feels bad but it absolutely does not mess up your progress....you don't make or break anything with one meal oreven one day.

just get back on track and keep going. dont sweat it.

in fact, many people have "cheat days" where they are way less restricted in terms of food choices for the whole day.

one meal is nothing.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

What do you do to physically cope with eating bad meals? I just had a bad meal the other day (last night) and as usual, I feel as though a week of hard work
goes down the drain. I don't eat like this often at all. But when I do, I feel like doing something (besides working out that day LOL). Drinking a glalon
of water is what I usually do
happens to everyone. and it feels bad but it absolutely does not mess up your progress....you don't make or break anything with one meal or even one day.

just get back on track and keep going. dont sweat it.

in fact, many people have "cheat days" where they are way less restricted in terms of food choices for the whole day.

one meal is nothing.

One day of eating junk isn't going to hinder your progress. Today I had eggs and sausage for breakfast, chili for lunch, chips & dip as a snack alongwith a Pepsi, and dinner is most likely going to Mac & Cheese. I eat almost perfectly clean during the week so I have no qualms in eating whatever I wanton Sundays.

Back
Top Bottom