Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Hey guys, I got a question:

What does it mean if I get a stomach ache after a strenuous workout. I had a bball game today and there were no subs so I played 40 minutes. After the game I downed a cup of power-ade and my stomach felt like $+@!. Could it have been the power-ade?

Originally Posted by ElCubanoDel510

So I signed up for a gym 3 weeks ago. I started off at 200 i'm now 189. My goal is to get to 170, and be in the shape I used to be.

My little weekly routine:
(staart off every work out with 15-20mind on the treadmill/cycle)
Monday-Chest/triceps
Tuesday-Legs/abs
Wendsday-Biceps/back
Thursday:Straight cardio/playing a pick up game
Friday-Sunday:Rest days
Seems like the perfect routine, especially since you said you are already losing weight.

I've heard/red though that you may benefit from by running after workout, and not to start off. Starting off running may tire you out quicker.

Originally Posted by bkmac

So I signed up for a gym 3 weeks ago. I started off at 200 i'm now 189. My goal is to get to 170, and be in the shape I used to be.

Monday-Chest/triceps
Tuesday-Legs/abs
Wendsday-Biceps/back
Seems like the perfect routine, especially since you said you are already losing weight.

I've heard/red though that you may benefit from by running after workout, and not to start off. Starting off running may tire you out quicker.
From what I understand,
All of the sugar (or the sugar in excess) is burned off during your lifing exercises. Therefore, doing cardio POST lifting will direct fat content to be burned (as opposed to sugar).
It's obviously alot more scientific than that.. but that's the idea. Post lifting cardio burns fat.

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

What does it mean if I get a stomach ache after a strenuous workout. I had a bball game today and there were no subs so I played 40 minutes. After the game I downed a cup of power-ade and my stomach felt like $+@!. Could it have been the power-ade?
Hmm.. was the powerade really cold? could just be a cramp up.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Monday-Chest/triceps
Tuesday-Legs/abs
Wendsday-Biceps/back

From what I understand,
All of the sugar (or the sugar in excess) is burned off during your lifing exercises. Therefore, doing cardio POST lifting will direct fat content to be burned (as opposed to sugar).
It's obviously alot more scientific than that.. but that's the idea. Post lifting cardio burns fat.
The source of fuel isn't important, it's the total calorie burn.  If his goal is to lose weight rather than build muscle, cardio should be before.  When you're sitting on the couch, 70% of the energy you burn comes from fat (as opposed to 50% or less when exercising), but that doesn't mean sitting on the couch is the best way to lose fat.

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Hmm.. was the powerade really cold? could just be a cramp up.
eek.gif

Can anyone guide me on the correct way to do woodchoppers for the abs. A youtube video would be great.. Thanks

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

Originally Posted by nealraj006

^intra-workout

a highly hydrolyzed protein will absorb and be digested very rapidly, even faster than free-form amino acids.
I think Durden meant: are there any benefits of having a protein that is absorbed faster?
Precisely.

Following up what Joe said:  Is there truly a benefit to taking something intra-workout?
yup. hydrolyzed protein intra-workout raises blood plasma concentrations of amino acids and thus increases protein synthesis. ingestion of free form bcaa's does this as  well but they are not as readily absorbed as highly hydrolyzed protein is.
Ok, I understand.

My question is still this though, is there a benefit to taking it during a workout?  I understand what it does, but why would someone feel the need to take it during their workout.

From all my knowledge, I dont see a need for protein synthesis during a workout.  Its not a great source of energy, and that small time from from consuming it middle of a workout to end of a workout will not make a difference as far as protein synthesis is concerned.

Maybe theres something I dont know science-related that changes things, Im not sure.
protein synthesis is what repairs/builds muscle......i'm not the best at explaining it but i can dig up some research. definitely beneficial.

But I think Durden knows that... what he's questioning is whether this 30 min advance in when your protein synthesis starts is actually beneficial. Like whether if me and you were twins, same exact build, etc. and we both started working out... if you took the hydrolyzed protein and i didn't... would you actually see more results?

Yeah essentially.  Does taking something during a workout truly have an effect on the body as compared to taking the same thing or something else after exercising?

ah my bad i didn't understand your question. short answer=yes, but it is fair to question to what degree. i would guess the difference is not dramatic, but i'll tr to find some non-biased research on the matter. i know scivation did a study that found intra-workout bcaa supplementation built more lean muscle mass than post-workout whey protein supplementation, but their biggest product is Xtend, a BCAA intraworkout powder, so that won't count
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

Monday-Chest/triceps
Tuesday-Legs/abs
Wendsday-Biceps/back

From what I understand,
The source of fuel isn't important, it's the total calorie burn.  If his goal is to lose weight rather than build muscle, cardio should be before.  When you're sitting on the couch, 70% of the energy you burn comes from fat (as opposed to 50% or less when exercising), but that doesn't mean sitting on the couch is the best way to lose fat.

Why would you recommend doing aerobic exercises before weight training if his goal is to lose weight?

Originally Posted by Grimey

any supplements or vitamins that can enhance the results of your running?
Running is the only way anyone should try to get better at running. Unassisted physical hard labor is the only way.

Yall dudes speak of supplements as if they are drugs. I mean they are but you know what I am saying

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Grimey

any supplements or vitamins that can enhance the results of your running?
Running is the only way anyone should try to get better at running. Unassisted physical hard labor is the only way.

Yall dudes speak of supplements as if they are drugs. I mean they are but you know what I am saying
Pretty much. I finally went hard on the Cardio every other day for 2 weeks straight and my running is like 6x better than it was when i first started
pimp.gif

Lately I been eating a lot of fruit. My question is, Is there such thing as over eating fruits? Is the sugar in fruits as bad as regular sugar?

All the sugar I consume comes from fruit or 100% juice with no added sugar

Originally Posted by iLLest

Here is my routine that I'm doing up until March 1st when I restart P90X.

Monday: Chest/Abs. (Post workout Treadmill)
Tuesday: Bi's/Tri's. (Post workout Treadmill)
Wednesday: Shoulders/Abs. (Post workout Treadmill)
Thursday: Back. (Post workout Treadmill)
Friday: Legs/Abs. (Post workout Treadmill)
Saturday: Either Chest or Arms. (Post workout Treadmill)
Sunday: Rest.

You can essentially switch up any of the workouts on different days but that's how I divide it up. Works wonders for me because I can focus all of my energy and time on a specific muscle.

iLLest!
You're doing light weights right?  You'll be completely burnt out by March 1st, or sooner, if you are lifting heavy 6 days of the week.    

Monday-Chest/triceps
Tuesday-Legs/abs
Wendsday-Biceps/back

From what I understand,

Why would you recommend doing aerobic exercises before weight training if his goal is to lose weight?

Aerobics might be better before weight training because when he first starts working out, he'll have more energy and that energy will be devoted to aerobics, so he'll push himself harder in aerobics.  Then when he does weight training, he can still work out, but he'll probably do lower weight because he spent alot of energy on aerobics. 

Just my thinking, I've tried both out before. 

Originally Posted by cguy610

From what I understand,

Aerobics might be better before weight training because when he first starts working out, he'll have more energy and that energy will be devoted to aerobics, so he'll push himself harder in aerobics.  Then when he does weight training, he can still work out, but he'll probably do lower weight because he spent alot of energy on aerobics. 

But with the way the body produces/uses energy, its most efficient to do strength training first followed by aerobics.

So it finally happened... some guy approached me and told me if I ever need test, dbol, deca, clen, etc basically anything to give him a shout. Said it would basically cost about 300 a month (around $1,000 for the whole cycle including PCT).

Hmm...

Originally Posted by W1LL 1 Am

anybody try insanity? ima give it a try startin tom or the day after

Based on the reviews that I've read, it's supposed to be really tough. It's basically cardio workouts for 6 days a week. It's not the type of workout that you 'diet' for either.
I would give it a try, but I don't like the price tag associated with it.

Originally Posted by cguy610

Monday-Chest/triceps
Tuesday-Legs/abs
Wendsday-Biceps/back

From what I understand,

I try to use the aerobics as a warm up basically to get my heart rate up, which usually lets me push myself a little harder while I'm lifting.

Originally Posted by Vancity74

So it finally happened... some guy approached me and told me if I ever need test, dbol, deca, clen, etc basically anything to give him a shout. Said it would basically cost about 300 a month (around $1,000 for the whole cycle including PCT).

Hmm...
think long and hard befor hitting the juice. imo its not worth it. 
steriods have horrible side effects.

dbol= all water weight, pure bloat

deca alone can cause prolonged loss of libido aka no action with the ladies

80% of dudes at local gyms have no clue what their doing wit juice. a month after their cycle is finished they will look like pure crap

second, dudes rippin you off.  that stuffs fairly cheap depending your hook.

lol @ those prices

i feel like if anything canada gear should be cheaper as drug enforcement is more lax

flithyrich you're not entirely correct though....dbol is a good way to kickstart a cycle, and a deca cycle (or tren or anything really) should have a test base which keeps libido up.

Back
Top Bottom