Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by Al Audi

i try on jeans all day but still like i said waist.......then the legs.........no good obviously buying bigger waist size isnt gonna work out at all

these guys wear track suits, gym clothes and pajamas all day, not like they need to wear business casual or suits in their line of work.

so ill ask the question again iiceman when do you plan to get your Pro Card status? i just cant picture dealin with that size on a regular joe level at least get paid or sponsored so you get the money for the lifestyle and custom made clothes.
I dont even know why yall think im that big
laugh.gif
....most ive been was 231lbs...right now im sittin at 195lbs
smh.gif
...dont ask
smh.gif

I dont think you know just how big these pros are
8119_156955256895_609776895_2868750_811477_n.jpg

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I know what the Big 3 are, I just didnt know if you wanted the weightfor them.  For 4 reps im around 95 DB Bench, 315 for Squat and tomorrowill be doing deadlift so I dont know that number yet.
How much do you weigh?

I'm guessing your barbell bench is around 210 for 4 reps.

I weigh around 185-190.

I know its more than 210.  The last time I did barbell bench (like 2 months ago maybe?  I'd have to check) I was doing 6 reps of like 225-235.

Ive got every workout ive ever done written down.Id have to look at what the heaviest weight I did was.

When it comes to clothes I'm lucky that my mom's a professional tailor (tech used to be).

Fitting for Jeans/Dress Shirts is the worst. I'm not tall ( 5'8") and have a 29" waist but most regular jeans my size look like skinny jeans on me (it's not my quads though. Hams and glutes  are the main culprits).
laugh.gif

I can't imagine how much money and time I'd have to spend if I'd have to go look and pay a tailor.

ChewToy112 wrote:
Originally Posted by Durden7

ChewToy112 wrote:
Durden7 wrote:
cguy610 wrote:
Aerobics might be better before weight training because when he first starts working out, he'll have more energy and that energy will be devoted to aerobics, so he'll push himself harder in aerobics.  Then when he does weight training, he can still work out, but he'll probably do lower weight because he spent alot of energy on aerobics. 

Just my thinking, I've tried both out before. 

But with the way the body produces/uses energy, its most efficient to do strength training first followed by aerobics.

Most efficient in what way? Can you elaborate? 

Here's how I see it. To get technical, I wouldn't have them do aerobic training at all;  I'd have them do anaerobic cardio before weightlifting.  In any case, my reasoning was what cguy was saying.  If one's primary goal is weightloss and building strength is secondary, then I would suggest he/she expend more energy working specifically towards his/her ultimate goal.  I think we can agree that if I do one form of exercise first, I'm not going to be able to work as hard on the second portion due to fatigue induced by the first session.  So, if someone's goal is weight loss and they do cardio second, they're not able to work as hard during their cardio portion. In this way, they're not working "efficiently" towards their personal goal. 

Ill come back in a bit and edit this when I have time.  Ill explain how its more efficient to do resistance training first then aerobics second.

What do you mean by anaerobic cardio?

Cool, looking forward to your response to see if it makes sense with what I'm learning in my PT courses.

By anaerobic cardio, I meant HIIT and the like.
The body has 3 ways in which it can produce energy (ATP).

Creatine Phosphate, Anaerobic Glycolysis, and Aerobic Respiration.

CP is used for very short activities, Glycolysis is used for slightly longer activities and the Aerobic pathway is used for much longer exercises.  The major sources of energy for the first 2 are creatine phosphate and glucose (respectively).  Obviously the aerobic pathway uses oxygen and it also creates a massive amount of energy compared to the other two.  It uses a lot more sources of energy as well.  It makes more sense to use the sources of energy that require the smallest amount of energy needs first before moving onto to something that requires more.  Short bursts of energy also have a more rapid recovery period, but aerobic exercises take much longer before the body can recover.  It just makes more sense to perform activities that require the smallest amount of energy first/recover quicker and do the more tasking activities last.

Im sorry IICEMAN83 but those pictures are @#$# messed up, thats way to big. Do these guys think about life after lifting??

Also I have a big problem finding suits and dress clothing but for casual clothing im ok
Waist 36, chest is 46 and arms are 20.something about 245

And i can wear Visvim, Neighborhood and Supreme (depending on the collection)

What is the best way to burn stomach fat? Besides, cardio.. because I do elliptical everyday for 35 mins... I need other recommendations..

Anyone have breathing techniques? Like when deadlifting when do you inhale exhale. I feel like im doing it wrong.

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Anyone have breathing techniques? Like when deadlifting when do you inhale exhale. I feel like im doing it wrong.
Exhale during the "hardest" part.  On a deadlift, you exhale while youre pulling the weight up.  Inhale on the way down.

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Im sorry IICEMAN83 but those pictures are @#$# messed up, thats way to big. Do these guys think about life after lifting??
Its a lifestyle...and deff not for everybody. To me, its the hardest sport in the world yet one of the least paying.

Do these guys think about life after lifting??
Who ever said its an issue!! lol
levron11.jpg

Kevin%20Levrone%202.jpg

Originally Posted by mcnoodlez

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF THIS CYCLE?:

I have syntha-6 with or for breakfast, "healthier" food throughout the day(still need to find more healthy options), a whey protein shake after my workout, and syntha-6 again an hour or so before bed.

I lift...

Fri- chest/bis
Sat- legs
Sun- Tris/shoulders
Mon-back
Tues-off
Wed- HIIT (cardio)
Thurs- off

Comments/Suggestions?

EDIT: I also bought Hemp protein to try it out. I heard it was very high in amino acids, so I'm gonna try it out as well. 
bump!

bLaZ3n wrote:
Can anyone guide me on the correct way to do woodchoppers for the abs. A youtube video would be great.. Thanks
bLaZ3n wrote:
I need a new work out routine.. because I have been using the same routine for a while and doing the same exercises for a while also.. I heard that your body becomes accustomed to those exercises/moves so you really don't muscle much..

Someone help me find new exercises for Chest/Arms.
bLaZ3n wrote:
What is the best way to burn stomach fat? Besides, cardio.. because I do elliptical everyday for 35 mins... I need other recommendations..

nerd.gif

Real talk good thread, but i wish you experienced dudes would provide more help for us newbs like the questions above, than arguing over crap we are light years away from. It's like ya'll get so caught up in it you ignore the rest. And of course there are better sources, we talking bout this thread though.  Props for the advice so far though on when ya'll do see us little dudes.

bLaZ3n wrote:
bLaZ3n wrote:
Can anyone guide me on the correct way to do woodchoppers for the abs. A youtube video would be great.. Thanks
bLaZ3n wrote:
I need a new work out routine.. because I have been using the same routine for a while and doing the same exercises for a while also.. I heard that your body becomes accustomed to those exercises/moves so you really don't muscle much..

bLaZ3n wrote:

nerd.gif

I dont do whoodchoppers, nor do I like the exercise so I cant help there.

Whats your current workout routine?  The body becomes adjusted to the stresses that are placed upon it.  There doesnt need to be crazy changes in order to make the body adapt.  A change in one variable will be enough.  (Rest period time, number of sets, number of reps, type of weight used: barbell/dumbbell, sitting/standing, etc.)  What exercises are you doing now?

The best way to burn stomach fat is to eat properly.  That includes nutritious foods and the right proportions.  Resistance training+aerobic activity+ proper eating equals results every time.

bLaZ3n wrote:
bLaZ3n wrote:
bLaZ3n wrote:

bLaZ3n wrote:

nerd.gif

I dont do whoodchoppers, nor do I like the exercise so I cant help there.

Whats your current workout routine?  The body becomes adjusted to the stresses that are placed upon it.  There doesnt need to be crazy changes in order to make the body adapt.  A change in one variable will be enough.  (Rest period time, number of sets, number of reps, type of weight used: barbell/dumbbell, sitting/standing, etc.)  What exercises are you doing now?

The best way to burn stomach fat is to eat properly.  That includes nutritious foods and the right proportions.  Resistance training+aerobic activity+ proper eating equals results every time.

What would you recommend for abs?

I do a lot of sets, about 4 sets of each exercise and try to do at least 10 reps each set.

For Chest- Barbel Bench Press, Machine/Cable Chest Flyes, Machine Chest Press
For Arms(Bicep)- Barbel Curl, Cable Curls, Dumbbell Curls
For Arms(Triceps)- Cable Pushdowns, One-Hand Cable Pull down, overhead tricep curls
For Back- Lat Pull Down, Cable Seated Row
Abs- Crunches, Sit ups, AB Crunch Machine, P90x, Leg Raises
Cardio- Elliptical for 35mins a day.. burning ~420 calories
Proteins- ON Whey Shake post workout(1 scoop) [with bananas and peanut butter]

I am looking for new exercises.. anyone can help me add, or substitute more effective exercises..

My nutrition/diet is very good.. I eliminated junk/fast foods and only eat what is made at home, which is VERY healthy. I have been going to the gym daily now. Eat 2-3 meals a day.

Thanks for your help.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

I see you over there DaBuddhaWitJays
pimp.gif
i always thought u were a frail dude
laugh.gif
, but you're lookin good in your avy pause
Lol yeah, thanks I suppose. I'm getting there.

I feel a huge setback right now though with all the %#$! I just ate and the alchohol.

Originally Posted by Homer

Real talk good thread, but i wish you experienced dudes would provide more help for us newbs like the questions above, than arguing over crap we are light years away from. It's like ya'll get so caught up in it you ignore the rest. And of course there are better sources, we talking bout this thread though.  Props for the advice so far though on when ya'll do see us little dudes.
DF you think " experienced" dudes just sit around the comp waiting to answer questions? You think getting a question answered thats been asked 10000x is gonna get you fit/ripped/buff? stop b!-tchn and look elsewhere if we not answering your questions fast enough

Originally Posted by IICEMAN83

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Its a lifestyle...and deff not for everybody. To me, its the hardest sport in the world yet one of the least paying.

Do these guys think about life after lifting??
Who ever said its an issue!! lol
levron11.jpg

Kevin%20Levrone%202.jpg

Good post, never actual saw a guy after he finish lifting

ChewToy112 wrote:

ChewToy112 wrote:
Durden7 wrote:
cguy610 wrote:
Aerobics might be better before weight training because when he first starts working out, he'll have more energy and that energy will be devoted to aerobics, so he'll push himself harder in aerobics.  Then when he does weight training, he can still work out, but he'll probably do lower weight because he spent alot of energy on aerobics. 

Just my thinking, I've tried both out before. 

But with the way the body produces/uses energy, its most efficient to do strength training first followed by aerobics.

Most efficient in what way? Can you elaborate? 

Here's how I see it. To get technical, I wouldn't have them do aerobic training at all;  I'd have them do anaerobic cardio before weightlifting.  In any case, my reasoning was what cguy was saying.  If one's primary goal is weightloss and building strength is secondary, then I would suggest he/she expend more energy working specifically towards his/her ultimate goal.  I think we can agree that if I do one form of exercise first, I'm not going to be able to work as hard on the second portion due to fatigue induced by the first session.  So, if someone's goal is weight loss and they do cardio second, they're not able to work as hard during their cardio portion. In this way, they're not working "efficiently" towards their personal goal. 

Ill come back in a bit and edit this when I have time.  Ill explain how its more efficient to do resistance training first then aerobics second.

What do you mean by anaerobic cardio?

Cool, looking forward to your response to see if it makes sense with what I'm learning in my PT courses.

By anaerobic cardio, I meant HIIT and the like.
The body has 3 ways in which it can produce energy (ATP).

Creatine Phosphate, Anaerobic Glycolysis, and Aerobic Respiration.

CP is used for very short activities, Glycolysis is used for slightly longer activities and the Aerobic pathway is used for much longer exercises.  The major sources of energy for the first 2 are creatine phosphate and glucose (respectively).  Obviously the aerobic pathway uses oxygen and it also creates a massive amount of energy compared to the other two.  It uses a lot more sources of energy as well.  It makes more sense to use the sources of energy that require the smallest amount of energy needs first before moving onto to something that requires more.  Short bursts of energy also have a more rapid recovery period, but aerobic exercises take much longer before the body can recover.  It just makes more sense to perform activities that require the smallest amount of energy first/recover quicker and do the more tasking activities last.

Adding to this.

ATP/CP (Adenosinetriphosphate/Creatine Phosphate) cycle is within 1-10 seconds of exercise
Anaerobic cycle (basically means in the absence of oxygen), 30-50 secs of exercise
Aerobic (in the presence of oxygen), 2 mins+

From that, there are zones of activity that have a sliding scale of certain nutrients being used primarily. They are commonly gauged by HR(Heart Rate) Percentage but RER (Respiratory exchange rate) is more precise as it is basically the exhaust to the fuel (glucose, fats) that is being burned. The only magical "fat burning zone" would be at a RER rate of .71 which is when you are fully at rest also its inconvenient to get RER level readings.

To get Max Heart Rate take (220 - age). Then plug in whatever percentage so 220 - age x .% = Target HR.

Zone 1 - Target Heart rate of .65-.75, is Aerobic and burns primary Muscle Glycogen (carbs), and fat. Walking or Jogging
Zone 2 - Target Heart rate of .80-.85, is Anaerobic and burns primary Carbs and lactic acid. Running.
Zone 3-  Target Heart rate of .86-.95, runs off ATP/CP and carbs, Sprinting.

After looking at those figures its easy to see why intervals have to be implemented in order to keep the nutrient exchange ratio to burn primarily fat. Easiest way to get a HR level reading is to put two fingers horizontal pressing right above the meaty part of your palm on your wrist and count the beats for 6 secs then times that number by 10.

Originally Posted by bLaZ3n

There is no specific way to eliminate abdomen fat. There is only overall body fat elimination; and the only way to eliminate body fat is to burn through more calories than you consume. The best way to produce peek fat burning results is through a combo of a sensible diet and an adequate level of physical activity. In other words, don't eat too much and be as active as possible. By that same token, it's important to note that you shouldn't under-eat and you shouldn't over-exercise. Just find that middle-ground; that sweet spot (so to speak) wherein your perfectly fit both mentally and physically; and at all times be patient; results will come over time.  

Back
Top Bottom