Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by treewing

When you say "juice" are you talkin' about what I think you're talking about?

laugh.gif

What other "juice" is there?

goin to hawaii in a few days, no lifting for a week. sucks i gotta put my program on hold but maybe the rest will be good for me
grin.gif

Today I flat benched my best ever. I hit 155 for 7 in 2 sets., 185 for 4 in 2 sets. then 205 for 4 in 3 sets.

Im interested in what kind of gyms you all attend. Mine is a mom and pop hardcore gym. No shiny #!%* just weights and sweat.

Originally Posted by FilthyRich

goin to hawaii in a few days, no lifting for a week. sucks i gotta put my program on hold but maybe the rest will be good for me
grin.gif

yea, im going to argentina at the end of the month for a week. but it might be good...it'll be the first break i take since getting serious about lifting in August

NT I just bet my roomate next months rent that I can dunk.
I'm 6'0 and have till the end of the month. What can I do??

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Running stairs...
plyometrics
squats
jump rope

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

NT someone please help me with correct Benchlifting form.. I suck
  • Shoulders depressed and retracted (i.e. pinched together) + abs contracted throughout entire exercise (provides stable base)
  • Feet on the bench (protects lower back)
  • Grip slightly wider than shoulder width
  • Slowly lower weight straight down to chest until elbows are 90 degrees or slightly less (protects shoulder)
  • Slowly raise weight until arms are straight - don't lockout completely (protects elbows)
  • Exhale on concentric/inhale in eccentric 

^that's absolutely right. sometimes i feel like my flat bench absolutely sucks. that's probably my most volatile lift. i've been complimented on my form for other stuff though. breathing is the most important thing. i breath in through my mouth, making an almost sucking noise (it's not that loud and not as weird as it sounds). think of a vacuum. i promise that will help everyone's control on their lifts.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

^are u even close to dunking right now?
when I was 18 I could make the ball hit the rim. So maybe another 6".
I'm 21 now and started doing leg exercises this month. Lots of box jumps, squats and calf raises (sitting and standing)
Thanks for the tips guys... this is basically a $500 bet.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Originally Posted by bmorekicks

People who workout in the morning...Do you eat breakfast before or after your workout?
If it's a HIIT day + abs I don't eat before I run.  I find I lost alot more fat doing this.  After I do HIIT I do a 10 minute ab routine and then I go make a protein shake then half hour afterwards I have a meal.

If your going to do resistance training I would think eat both before and after to be benefitial though.

thanks

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

start saving
laugh.gif

jk jumpsoles worked for me back in the day

Brett

Just do box jumps and up downs and vertical leaps with a medicine ball do calf raises

F a pair of Jumpsoles might as well be Seinfeld is Jimmy sellin em to you

Back
Top Bottom