Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

^I would especially advocate the avoidance of isolations as well. Ever since I became more thorough with my knowledge of health, I realized how useless bicep curls were. Granted I still do tricep pulls on the cables, but thats about it. Almost every workout of mine is a compound movement now. No isos needed. I do have arm days back home though when all I have is a curl bar.

Hey guys thanks for the help..

eyes.gif

24et9ch.jpg

Celebrating 21st birthday tonight soooo yeah my diet is going to be super off haha

^You only turn 21 once bro and you've come a long way, so go balls out! My homie just became an uncle and he thinks that's somewhat of a reason to drink. So its round 2 in 2 days for me hahaha. I love Memorial Day weekend...

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

^You only turn 21 once bro and you've come a long way, so go balls out! My homie just became an uncle and he thinks that's somewhat of a reason to drink. So its round 2 in 2 days for me hahaha. I love Memorial Day weekend...
It's funny they call it Memorial Day Weekend, when I'm not gonna remember a damn thing
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Arright ferras, this is roughly my 1 yerr's progress for ya. Don't mind the last pic quality, I wasn't trying to "fool" any one of you. It's the camera on my desktop back at home and I figured my brother might've been messing with it. Alright, I'll just shut up and post pics now:
Progress pics berow:

June, 2009:

Spoiler [+]
9019_146830555403_520070403_3122107_3247993_n.jpg

Today:

Spoiler [+]
27840_395181375403_520070403_4598293_4679907_n.jpg

^I would especially advocate the avoidance of isolations as well. Ever since I became more thorough with my knowledge of health, I realized how useless bicep curls were. Granted I still do tricep pulls on the cables, but thats about it. Almost every workout of mine is a compound movement now. No isos needed. I do have arm days back home though when all I have is a curl bar.
I am also big on doing compound lifts but you have to remember each person has different goals. If you're goal is to be stronger, become a better athlete, etc. then you should focus mostly on compound lifts. If your goal is to look nice at the beach then doing a lot of isolation exercises (in addition to compound lifts) will better help you reach your goals.

If you're training mostly for aesthetics, compound lifts alone aren't enough. 

I am looking to drop 5-10lbs to get more lean.

Need help... Durden7 and other educated/experienced people.

I want to start a diet ASAP before the summer starts.

I weigh 160lbs and I am 5'10..

Questions:
1. How many calories should I consume daily, to reach my goal?
2. Any diets you recommend? (Link me or post here) [I would prefer a Monday to Sunday breakdown on what meals I should eat daily, and hourly if possible.]

nerd.gif

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I am also big on doing compound lifts but you have to remember each person has different goals. If you're goal is to be stronger, become a better athlete, etc. then you should focus mostly on compound lifts. If your goal is to look nice at the beach then doing a lot of isolation exercises (in addition to compound lifts) will better help you reach your goals.

If you're training mostly for aesthetics, compound lifts alone aren't enough. 

Word.

I dont have much time in the gym after work, so compounds do me well - I am focused on getting explosive for basketball.  So I usually do a 3 day split:

Mon - Legs/Shoulders
Tues - HIIT/cardio (20-30min jog)
Weds - Chest/Tris
Thurs - HIIT/cardio
Fri - Back/Biceps
Sat - Ball
Sun - Rest

I sometimes play ball instead of the cardio days, but lately its been a lot of jogging and not much HIIT (due to it being winter here).. In terms of Isolation exercises, its just Bicep curls and Tricep pull downs, a couple of flys etc.. but nothing serious.

Originally Posted by bLaZ3n

Questions:
2. Any diets you recommend? (Link me or post here) [I would prefer a Monday to Sunday breakdown on what meals I should eat daily, and hourly if possible.]

nerd.gif

Thanks.
1) I don't know why you'd want to be loosing weight at those figures. Maybe replace some fat for muscle by increasing intensity in your lifts??

2) Consume less calories... there is no magic number, and the only person who will know your actual maintenance calories is you. You want a fantastic body? get to know you body. Consume less than maintenance, and increase cardio.

3) the only diet you need is... salads instead of burgers, maybe some flax seed, lean meats instead of beef. Eat in smaller quantities, and regularly throughout the day to keep the metabolism up.

4) Drink water before every meal. You will kill the hunger with less food intake, and it will promote metabolism rates or whatever. I actually read a study that 1 tall glass of water before every meal can equal 14 kilos in weight loss per year, alone.

I really don't think you need anything else bro.. hit up google for some assurance, there are alot of articles on fat loss.

Originally Posted by bLaZ3n

Questions:

nerd.gif

Thanks.

http://www.thedailyplate.com/

any exercises to help out with my shoulder blades sticking out?

would just building up my back more help or is there a specfic area that i should work?

...so I weight about 140 lbs and I want to bulk. How many calories should I consume?

I've read plenty of things online, saying between 2500-3000.

Also, can anyone tell me a three or four day workout split that really worked for them while bulking up?

Originally Posted by Shaky3

...so I weight about 140 lbs and I want to bulk. How many calories should I consume?

I've read plenty of things online, saying between 2500-3000.

Also, can anyone tell me a three or four day workout split that really worked for them while bulking up?

4000cals a day

monday - squat, bench, row
wed - squat deadlift, military press
friday - squat bench, row

Is there much difference between moedrate long cardio to HIIT?

Ive been going for runs 2-3x a week around 20mins just moderate intensity. Is there any differences between HIIT and the moderate cardio besides, efficiency and recovery times?

For instance, 3-4x of moderate cardio is surely not as taxing as 2-3 sessions of HIIT, so do they cancel eachother out?

Its just the park here is soaked and muddy and its difficult to perform HIIT.

^^^ I think HIIT burns calories long after your workout much more so than jogging at moderate paces so I think even though you burn the same calories in the gym the HIIT is much better

sup nt well am 6 on the dot and weigh around 185 am trying to get the packs back this summer and my muscle definition every sense football i ve gained about any recommendations on what to eat and daily exercise? thanks 

for those who deadlift i was wondering what you guys do for sets, i've been doing 3x10 or 12 depending on the weight,
not cutting, just want to put on muscle any way possible, would lower reps and higher weights be the way to go?

I've read that...
-if you want to build muscle or "hypertrophy" you do sets of 8-12 reps
-for strength its like 3-5 reps per set

I've been doing 3x5 for deadlifts but now I'm trying a lower weight doing 3x8 and I felt sore in my back for couple days
pimp.gif

Anyone have experience with the TRX? I have one coming in the mail and should arrive tomorrow. I've already done some research and determined it to be a pretty good investment but I figured I could hear what other people have to say anyway.

Originally Posted by gatorad3

I've read that...
-if you want to build muscle or "hypertrophy" you do sets of 8-12 reps
-for strength its like 3-5 reps per set

I've been doing 3x5 for deadlifts but now I'm trying a lower weight doing 3x8 and I felt sore in my back for couple days
pimp.gif
thanks man, good to know

Back
Top Bottom