Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Can anyone give me some tips or advice on a workout routine?

I'm currently 6'0 and 150lbs. I'm not in great shape, but I can hold my own. My target weight is 165lbs.

Would a 2500 calorie/day diet be sufficient or should I up it? (I also take optimum nutrition protein post-workout).

2642561.jpg

anyone want to consider what this man's ab workout is like??

With a great diet and a superb amount of cardio, pushups can get your chest and abs right...at least it has worked for me

I need to step my cardio up, I feel like I don't do enough of it.
And it doesn't help that I've been sick as a dog the past week
mad.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Originally Posted by Shaky3

...so I weight about 140 lbs and I want to bulk. How many calories should I consume?

I've read plenty of things online, saying between 2500-3000.

Also, can anyone tell me a three or four day workout split that really worked for them while bulking up?

4000cals a day

monday - squat, bench, row
wed - squat deadlift, military press
friday - squat bench, row
wow, thats almost exactly the same workout I have been doing
laugh.gif

But yea, I weighed 140 back in January and now Im at 158.  Im trying to get up to 165.  Just got to eat man.

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

i suggest EVERYONE read this to help your bench press certianly helped mine http://www.tmuscle.com/fr...sixweek_bench_press_cure

im saying... by reducing ROM, are you not reducing the stress on indicated muscle?
I've only ever read that your back should be totally flat on the bench including your +%%.
This dude is puffin his chest out and shortening the ROM of the press... sure he gets crazy weight in, but is it effective for building the pectoral?

Originally Posted by HyphySole

Originally Posted by Shaky3

...so I weight about 140 lbs and I want to bulk. How many calories should I consume?

I've read plenty of things online, saying between 2500-3000.

Also, can anyone tell me a three or four day workout split that really worked for them while bulking up?

4000cals a day

monday - squat, bench, row
wed - squat deadlift, military press
friday - squat bench, row
wow, thats almost exactly the same workout I have been doing
laugh.gif

But yea, I weighed 140 back in January and now Im at 158.  Im trying to get up to 165.  Just got to eat man.
to anyone else trying to put on lbs... GOMAD - gallon of milk a day, on top of your current above-average diet + sufficient water intake.
It's an additional 2500 cals a day... no sweat

I'm looking to start doing some cardio this week. What's a good routine for someone just beginning?

I have a strained tendon near my bicep from lifting too much too soon. My doc told me to to keep on lifting. Does that sound right?

Originally Posted by PapaPrem

I have a strained tendon near my bicep from lifting too much too soon. My doc told me to to keep on lifting. Does that sound right?

I've heard take a couple days off when you strain or pull something

This has probably been answered but couldn't go through 300+ pages... Whats the deal with P90X?? I can probably go through the 6 day exercise.... But don't know about the diet. Any specifics pages to check out let me know. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

Does anyone get a nerve "zing" when you try to push your limit? I get this weird shock feeling that sort of pops from the fat part of my forearm . Its between my wrist and forearm but not close to either. It's not painful or anything, and I am still able to execute the exercise. I don't think it's a matter of lifting more than I can since I am able to run through the motion successfully. However, I am a bit spooked about anything involving nerves so I try not to push it. It happens when I got on the eliptical grabbing those handles and rowing in that motion and on shoulder front raises. Not heavy movements like deadlifts or bicep curls.

Originally Posted by 5thGearidah

Originally Posted by Rjjr711

^^^ I think HIIT burns calories long after your workout much more so than jogging at moderate paces so I think even though you burn the same calories in the gym the HIIT is much better
not necessarily

[h2]Elemental Fat Loss: Six Weeks to Grecian Proportions[/h2]http://www.wannabebig.com...-to-grecian-proportions/

Thats highly impractical and very ineffective though.

to anyone else trying to put on lbs... GOMAD - gallon of milk a day, ontop of your current above-average diet + sufficient water intake.
Thats liquid calories though.  Theres better ways to get the additional calories in.

i suggest EVERYONE read this to help your bench press certianly helped mine http://www.tmuscle.com/fr...sixweek_bench_press_cure

im saying... by reducing ROM, are you not reducing the stress on indicated muscle?
I've only ever read that your back should be totally flat on the bench including your +%%.
This dude is puffin his chest out and shortening the ROM of the press... sure he gets crazy weight in, but is it effective for building the pectoral?

I said the same thing, and boy was I wrong.  Try this the next time you bench:  Feet flat and perpendicular to the bench, keep only your butt and your shoulderblades on the bench, and as you bench, keep two things in mind:  bring your shoulderblades together, and hit the bar at the bottom of your sternum.  You WILL feel the difference.  Oh, and you'll be able to press more.

i just finished reading rippetoe's starting strength... and apparently arching of the upper back is not only approved, it's recommended. the real important thing is ot make sure the bar touches chest. the puffing out of the chest actually stretches the chest and allows you to get a little bit of a bounce (not bouncing off the chest, you're using the elasticity of the muscle) similar to the bounce achieve in a proper squat.
speaking of which, the bounce i just mentioned in the squat is crazy. it had been so long since i killed my hamstrings AND quads while squatting.
pimp.gif

hurt myself benching on friday though, lost concentration and pushed my head into the bench... = really bad neck injury. hopefully ill be back by tomorrow... but friday is most likely =\

Originally Posted by Durden7

^^^ I think HIIT burns calories long after your workout much more so than jogging at moderate paces so I think even though you burn the same calories in the gym the HIIT is much better
not necessarily

[h2]Elemental Fat Loss: Six Weeks to Grecian Proportions[/h2]http://www.wannabebig.com...-to-grecian-proportions/

to anyone else trying to put on lbs... GOMAD - gallon of milk a day, ontop of your current above-average diet + sufficient water intake.
Thats liquid calories though.  Theres better ways to get the additional calories in.

fam your wrong on both accounts
like, really wrong.

Had literally the most un healthiest weekend of my life. Drank from 230pm-4am Friday. Drank from 4 pm-4 Am Saturday. Drank from 3pm-7pm Monday (and Slammed 4 hot dogs). Also had Mcdonalds twice. I need to read NikeTalk's rules.. It was worth it though.

Originally Posted by Shaq DIESEL 34

Had literally the most un healthiest weekend of my life. Drank from 230pm-4am Friday. Drank from 4 pm-4 Am Saturday. Drank from 3pm-7pm Monday (and Slammed 4 hot dogs). Also had Mcdonalds twice. I need to read NikeTalk's rules.. It was worth it though.
thursday = tripple keggar blackout, friday = "bday" party, saturday = kid cudi + downtown bars

i counted probably 40+ drinks total (70% would be beer)

indifferent.gif

to the gym until thursday night...

Originally Posted by Durden7

not necessarily

fam your wrong on both accounts
like, really wrong.

Id like for you to prove me wrong on the first one and you cant prove me wrong on the second one.  Im not your "fam" by the way.

Back
Top Bottom