Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Dave Tate>>>>>>>>>>>Rippetoe IMO dude is too real lol
power lifting is different than strength training....they are teaching different things.

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by Durden7

brettTHEjett wrote:
Durden7 wrote:
Originally Posted by 5thGearidah

Durden7 wrote:
to anyone else trying to put on lbs... GOMAD - gallon of milk a day, on top of your current above-average diet + sufficient water intake.
It's an additional 2500 cals a day... no sweat
Thats liquid calories though.  Theres better ways to get the additional calories in.

Id like for you to prove me wrong on the first one and you cant prove me wrong on the second one.  Im not your "fam" by the way.
Sure it's liquid.. but is it not a whole food? How else can you get an additional 2500 calories in a day ON TOP of your current diet. Without hitting KFC, I really dont think there are better ways.

Milk isn't whole food.  Why would you need an additional 2500 calories in addition to what you actually need.  Why would you need to consume more than 4000 calories?  There arent better ways?  Theres a ton of ways to eat additional calories that arent liquid.  Liquid calories will always be secondary to actual food.

i'm not questioning you... but i would like an explanation of why. it makes no sense to me that liquid calories would be secondary to solid ones... i would actually think that liquids would be more easily absorbed by the digestive system.
so you're saying if i took a chicken breast and salad dinner... and pureed the %@+% out of it... until it was liquid... it would then be less beneficial to me? (i know this is playing devil's advocate... but im curious as to where you draw the line).

p.s. what do you have against rippetoe?

Just because its dissolved more rapidly by the body doesnt mean its better than something that is slower.  The digestion time frame between non-clear dense liquids (milk) and actual food is pretty minimal so its not like youd gain a serious advantage by drinking the calories instead of eating them.  Theres a lot of vitamins, minerals, and other kinds of nutrients (fiber as a great example) that arent in liquid form so youd miss those if you drank something similar to a food. 

I dont know if its less beneficial to you based upon what youre trying to get out of it.  In a situation like that, the differences between the 2 (food vs. liquid) would be so minimal that I highly doubt anyone would even be able to tell the difference.

Are you saying that liquids are better than solid foods?

I dont have anything against Ripptoe.  Its his "disciples" that view his word as god that I find obnoxious.

i wasnt claiming anything, just wanted to understand why solid > liquid. and given your reasons... i def. see how a GOMAD is very justifiable... eating 2500 clean calories is hard and time consuming... not to mention more costly. + studies show milk has some property which stimulates muscle growth. not saying im going to do it, just wanted to learn the most i could... thanks.
pimp.gif

keepzdasneakz wrote:

You basically answered your own question without knowing it. Solid foods > liquid because: 
-Like you said, it's easily absorbed and metabolized, so it does not require as  much effort to metabolize. This will indefinitely mess with your metabolism. 

Im pretty sure your concepts about metabolism are wrong... moreover, no one is going 100% liquid here... so you're taking things out of context.

p.s. your last sentence made NO sense.

p.s. you're a greenbay fan. 'nuff said. 

Originally Posted by 5thGearidah

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Dave Tate>>>>>>>>>>>Rippetoe IMO dude is too real lol
power lifting is different than strength training....they are teaching different things.
proper form on benching dave tate>, proper FORM on squats dave tate> no nonsense im not babying you approach dave tate>

Originally Posted by saxman2112

Originally Posted by Wraith aka invincible

people having problems bulking now really?
laugh.gif
 2500 extra cals is not hard

Really now?  Care to give an example of a meal plan?
I don't know how this started a huge argument.
laugh.gif

In my case, 2500 calories is my maintenance. I have a high metabolism, and I am active all day long.
Therefore, to consume an additional 2500 calories (or even more) I find that this GOMAD program is a godsend. 
I'm trying to eat clean in my maintenance, and I find it difficult and expensive to go above that. In that 2500 cals, I get more than recommended fiber intake and well as a lot of minerals and nutrients.

Therefore, by drinking alot of milk, I'm able to keep it clean in theory.

We give milk to babies.. can't be that bad for us. Although we don't give them 4L a day, doing this for 2 months won't destroy my organs.

Well I just started on something I feel is necessary for me to keep going..

I got down to 220 my high was 245 (Just eating a little better). My ultimate goal is 170-180 (I'm 5'7"-5'8").. Past 2 months been going through a lot, had a lot of downtime so I started to eat more and eat horribly... Got on the scale because I was feeling awful.. Saw I gained 15 lbs up to 235.. Felt even worse...

Now I started on a lot of cardio and mixed with 3 days of upper body lifting (3 days of 1hr cardio and 3 days of 2hr cardio + lifting).. Still having trouble with the food.. I'm trying to get that handled.. But checked the scale.. Was down to 229lbs.. Felt very good about myself for dropping 6 lbs..

And with issues with the person I'm involved with I realized I needed to get myself together....

This time I can't give up.. I'm starting to get that feeling where if I feel sad/mad I need to do some sort of exercise when I used to just shut down and then get something to eat..I also feel like I need to get some sort of exercise in to reboot my mind... After my workout I feel rested..

So my goal for the summer is when school starts up Aug. 31st. to be at under 205...

Have a tough journey ahead..

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

keepzdasneakz wrote:
Im pretty sure your concepts about metabolism are wrong... moreover, no one is going 100% liquid here... so you're taking things out of context.

p.s. your last sentence made NO sense.
p.s. you're a greenbay fan. 'nuff said. 

eyes.gif
. really? that's your reply? 
eek.gif

laugh.gif
 I know you mad. Although, my sentence didn't make sense (probably because I was still groggy but eager to include my 2 cents), I personally couldn't endorse a liquid diet only because of the side effects that I've personally experienced. For example: Runny %@$%, lots of gastrointestinal difficulties (stomach cramps, bloatedness), especially with all of that liquid being MILK. I can understand having that much in water, because water is the medium for which all metabolic processes occur....but milk isn't. Not only that but what about the fat content? Not to mention it's just absurd that anybody would need an extra gallon of milk through the day in order to gain any weight. It's just excessive....

Cutting down on the calories and carbs, adding new exercises, HIIT, and doing heavier weights/lower reps is giving me good results:

Spoiler [+]
4664897629_f874fccc0c.jpg

^Like I said, I needa get ridda these ******* of mine. How many calories are you eating a day man? And how long are your HIIT session?

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

^Like I said, I needa get ridda these ******* of mine. How many calories are you eating a day man? And how long are your HIIT session?

Well I'm on a 12 week plan with low carbs and low fat. I'm eating 1100 calories if I'm eating really clean that day, but I've been slacking off a little the past 2 weeks 
indifferent.gif

HIIT, I do it twice a week. And regular steady state cardio when I'm not.

Ooh...that regular steady state cardio is what I don't do....when and how long do you do that? Post-lifting for like 15-20 min?
Edit: That bathroom looks really familiar. You got a sister? 

ALWAYS after you lift.

Steady State for at LEAST 15 minutes. Since I do the elliptical, I go to the 13-14 level at around 7 Speed.

And to get rid of your manboobs, its ALL ABOUT YOUR CHEST WORKOUT. Lift heavier and develop your muscle

^See that's the thing, I am going heavy. I'm on 5x5 on practically every chest workout I do.......whether it be bench, incline dumbell press, all that stuff. It seems all that happens is that my muscles develop and the fat on top of it is just staying there as my chest muscles build.

oxyelite%20pro%20%2890caps%29.jpg

.........good stuff

im lookin like a 300 spartan right now.

i normally dont use fat burners but i was goin thru a lot of stuff........i was out of a car for a while so my routine got #(&$#$ bad.

dont know if it has been talked about an im too far off to read 50 pages but have you guys read/heard about the report on a lot of these protein powders? toxic metals or some crap in them? im talking about from leading brands too.......

Originally Posted by Al Audi

.........good stuff

i normally dont use fat burners but i was goin thru a lot of stuff........i was out of a car for a while so my routine got #(&$#$ bad.

dont know if it has been talked about an im too far off to read 50 pages but have you guys read/heard about the report on a lot of these protein powders? toxic metals or some crap in them? im talking about from leading brands too.......
yea that oxi elite is the truth

Originally Posted by Al Audi

.........good stuff

That was on the last page bruh.

wow thats funny................

literally was on the page before.........means this thread is still doing its job
pimp.gif

crazy................just gives more reason for us all to try an go whole foods as much as possible.........i remember the days i drank 3 shakes everyday.

right now i have muscle pharm combat powder..........ive had it for a while..........i just down a shake on days i feel i need it or kinda just hungry to hold me over until i get some real food or if im on the go. egg whites are def my thing though these days.

back on a different name.  will be in here alot, now.. (is the nutrition thread still alive?)  im training for the Marines so my workouts have been nothing but cardio..no more weights for me
tired.gif
trying to drop like 40lbs  here are some jpegs.

2vl42h5.jpg

20h8z86.jpg

5bqx00.jpg

Back
Top Bottom