Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

damn.....................what made you decide to join the marines?

good luck...............i know a few cats in there. not the lifestyle for me............o yea you will be gettin P though

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

keepzdasneakz wrote:
Im pretty sure your concepts about metabolism are wrong... moreover, no one is going 100% liquid here... so you're taking things out of context.

p.s. your last sentence made NO sense.
p.s. you're a greenbay fan. 'nuff said. 
eyes.gif
. really? that's your reply? 
eek.gif

laugh.gif
 I know you mad. Although, my sentence didn't make sense (probably because I was still groggy but eager to include my 2 cents), I personally couldn't endorse a liquid diet only because of the side effects that I've personally experienced. For example: Runny %@$%, lots of gastrointestinal difficulties (stomach cramps, bloatedness), especially with all of that liquid being MILK. I can understand having that much in water, because water is the medium for which all metabolic processes occur....but milk isn't. Not only that but what about the fat content? Not to mention it's just absurd that anybody would need an extra gallon of milk through the day in order to gain any weight. It's just excessive....

you sound like your lactose intolerant
for real 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Al Audi

wow thats funny................

literally was on the page before.........means this thread is still doing its job
pimp.gif

crazy................just gives more reason for us all to try an go whole foods as much as possible.........i remember the days i drank 3 shakes everyday.

right now i have muscle pharm combat powder..........ive had it for a while..........i just down a shake on days i feel i need it or kinda just hungry to hold me over until i get some real food or if im on the go. egg whites are def my thing though these days.

Yeah I posted that last page.

AUDI-where the hell have you been? I need an explanation at this instance!

3/19-5/7 was just a huge headache for me......i think i came in here a few times.

smh cant believe its June 2010 already.

Originally Posted by Though

Im joining the Marines because their uniforms are cute.

roll.gif
roll.gif

IDK, but that made me laugh.. looking at your pictures then seeing that soft %*% comment..
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
You serious though?

Originally Posted by bLaZ3n

roll.gif
roll.gif

IDK, but that made me laugh.. looking at your pictures then seeing that soft %*% comment..
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
You serious though?
laugh.gif
...im serious about joining the Marines..but the reasoning i gave was a joke.  i remember playing MW2 with you, dude...im DTA Sickamore

Originally Posted by bLaZ3n

roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
You serious though?
laugh.gif
...im serious about joining the Marines..but the reasoning i gave was a joke.  i remember playing MW2 with you, dude...im DTA Sickamore
Word? lmao... dat night was mad funny.. no ayoo.. homie was a butcher
roll.gif
roll.gif

Good times

Originally Posted by Essential1

Well I just started on something I feel is necessary for me to keep going..

I got down to 220 my high was 245 (Just eating a little better). My ultimate goal is 170-180 (I'm 5'7"-5'8").. Past 2 months been going through a lot, had a lot of downtime so I started to eat more and eat horribly... Got on the scale because I was feeling awful.. Saw I gained 15 lbs up to 235.. Felt even worse...

Now I started on a lot of cardio and mixed with 3 days of upper body lifting (3 days of 1hr cardio and 3 days of 2hr cardio + lifting).. Still having trouble with the food.. I'm trying to get that handled.. But checked the scale.. Was down to 229lbs.. Felt very good about myself for dropping 6 lbs..

And with issues with the person I'm involved with I realized I needed to get myself together....

This time I can't give up.. I'm starting to get that feeling where if I feel sad/mad I need to do some sort of exercise when I used to just shut down and then get something to eat..I also feel like I need to get some sort of exercise in to reboot my mind... After my workout I feel rested..

So my goal for the summer is when school starts up Aug. 31st. to be at under 205...

Have a tough journey ahead..
Good stuff man! I felt the same way all last year. Alot of drinkin and smokin just to clear my depression. Exercising and especially lifting weights helped me get through alot this year.
 My advise to you and something that helped me, is to keep a workout journal. Every workout write down the time you went in, what your mood is like, what supplements if any u took, your preworkout meal and how much effort you put into every rep and of course the weights you used. Its helps you know what works for you, and just a reflection of how far youve come once you see your hard work in written form. I have 2 notebooks now full of notes. Like you said its a journey, enjoy it.

Also that Consumer reports thing, Im not sold 100 on it. I think the top offenders are Ready to Drink kind, so Im assuming they would have to add extra stuff in it to perserve them, right?
It is somewhat disturbing although the supplement industry is not government regulated so who know what companies to trust.

Originally Posted by saxman2112

Originally Posted by Wraith aka invincible

people having problems bulking now really?
laugh.gif
 2500 extra cals is not hard

Really now?  Care to give an example of a meal plan?
things you could add: 
guacomole -  1 avocado, salt,pepper, 1 medium tomatoe, 2 slices of cheese.

corn flour tortilla chips the one i get hold about 150 cals every 15 chips
pancakes - with natty peanut butter, jelly or honey pb

cottage cheese, pb, oats - with honey drizzled on top

2 tbs of coconut oil

cashews, almonds

baked salmon cakes

beef, turkey , sweet potatoes

pasta

fruits, and veggies of course

smh my little gym rant, first in a long time-
i'm in need of one of the squat racks and prefer using one of the specific bars at the rec center weight room here
and these dudes take one of the bars and brings it to a squat rack to do wrist curls while the bar at that squat rack is already there
then they go onto the bench and take another bar off another bench and do wrist curls there all while they go to the seated calf raises
and then they don't put back any of the bars.... young dudes at the rec have no gym etiquette or anything here its annoying

on another note, i'm switching to the 5x5 compound lift routine
been isolating muscles for a while so hopefully i see some changes

Originally Posted by MEXclusive

Well I just started on something I feel is necessary for me to keep going..

I got down to 220 my high was 245 (Just eating a little better). My ultimate goal is 170-180 (I'm 5'7"-5'8").. Past 2 months been going through a lot, had a lot of downtime so I started to eat more and eat horribly... Got on the scale because I was feeling awful.. Saw I gained 15 lbs up to 235.. Felt even worse...

Now I started on a lot of cardio and mixed with 3 days of upper body lifting (3 days of 1hr cardio and 3 days of 2hr cardio + lifting).. Still having trouble with the food.. I'm trying to get that handled.. But checked the scale.. Was down to 229lbs.. Felt very good about myself for dropping 6 lbs..

And with issues with the person I'm involved with I realized I needed to get myself together....

This time I can't give up.. I'm starting to get that feeling where if I feel sad/mad I need to do some sort of exercise when I used to just shut down and then get something to eat..I also feel like I need to get some sort of exercise in to reboot my mind... After my workout I feel rested..

So my goal for the summer is when school starts up Aug. 31st. to be at under 205...

Have a tough journey ahead..
Good stuff bro, no lower body lifting though bro? why bro?

A recently released Consumer Reports[emoji]174[/emoji] article in their July 2010 issue titled, “Health Alert: Protein Drinks

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

I am doing so much cardio and leg work without weights... That if I add weights I will end up straining my calf... And cardio is the most important part of my workout to lose weight I don't want to risk having to take 2-3 days off and end up completely stopping my exercise routine and not getting back into it (which has happened before with less cardio and weight lifting) and back to eating the way I was..

Once my body starts to get more used to the 45min-1hr of cardio I will probably add some leg work...

Took a few days off from training cause I was feeling a little overtrained (achy joints, strained hip-flexor, overall fatigue) and then decided to just do a little bi/tri workout today.  Gonna start my new training regimen on Saturday so I just wanted to keep it light today and train some smaller muscles.  I usually train alone but today just when I was about to start the ONE guy at my gym that I trust as an occassional training partner shows up and asked what I was training and decides to jump in.  Had the best arm workout in a long time but I was actually feeling the same sick, light-headed, naseous feeling that people get from a really intense leg workout.  We did bicep curls, dips, skull crushers, hammer curls and finished on some cable stuff and I thought I was gonna heave for about half the workout.  Guess you do work harder with a training partner. 

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

I am doing so much cardio and leg work without weights... That if I add weights I will end up straining my calf... And cardio is the most important part of my workout to lose weight I don't want to risk having to take 2-3 days off and end up completely stopping my exercise routine and not getting back into it (which has happened before with less cardio and weight lifting) and back to eating the way I was..

Once my body starts to get more used to the 45min-1hr of cardio I will probably add some leg work...

just man up and start squatting man.  Your going to end up looking like those clowns in the gym w/ the small legs.

^Not that he should be concerned about what you think he looks like, right? Squatting will do you well though. If you're doing squats correctly, they'll mainly focus on your quads, not your calfs so the stamina of your calves won't be a big deal for squats.

my main concern is losing weight... not what my legs do/ don't look like... If I were 180 with small legs so be it... I can always build it up.. Better than hurting my legs like I always do and get completely off track at 225

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

Took a few days off from training cause I was feeling a little overtrained (achy joints, strained hip-flexor, overall fatigue) and then decided to just do a little bi/tri workout today.  Gonna start my new training regimen on Saturday so I just wanted to keep it light today and train some smaller muscles.  I usually train alone but today just when I was about to start the ONE guy at my gym that I trust as an occassional training partner shows up and asked what I was training and decides to jump in.  Had the best arm workout in a long time but I was actually feeling the same sick, light-headed, naseous feeling that people get from a really intense leg workout.  We did bicep curls, dips, skull crushers, hammer curls and finished on some cable stuff and I thought I was gonna heave for about half the workout.  Guess you do work harder with a training partner. 
Curls though?

I've read those are a waste of time.
I also read that people surveyed on doing bicep curls found their skin to become darker, hair loss (specifically on chest and legs), and in many cases, frosted tips.
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom