Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

Originally Posted by MrDoeBoI

So the last 2-3 weeks I been eating pretty decent and jumping rope for about an hour or so and I can see the changes already.I lost about 13 lbs so now I wanna get the weights involved to build muscle while still burning fat so how should I go about it without killing my self .
jumping rope for an hour? the hell?? i can barely go 15 minutes
Yeah Jesus Christ... you should have lost close to 20lbs jumping rope for an hour thats close to 800 calories being burnt.

i wouldn't mess with it personally

try the EC stack if you're really serious about getting a low low bf%, that should be more than enough

why do you want it in the first place? if that's you in your avy you're already pretty lean, a little discipline and maybe the EC and you'll be shredded.

Originally Posted by Durden7

My latest 5 rep maxes:

Squat:  275
Bench:  225
Deadlift:  335
Military Press:  140
Pull Ups:  25 lb
I've always wondered, what is your height/weight?
also, is that standing military press?

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Originally Posted by Durden7

My latest 5 rep maxes:

Squat:  275
Bench:  225
Deadlift:  335
Military Press:  140
Pull Ups:  25 lb
I've always wondered, what is your height/weight?
also, is that standing military press?
6 feet, 190

Yeah, thats standing military press.

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

Originally Posted by MrDoeBoI

So the last 2-3 weeks I been eating pretty decent and jumping rope for about an hour or so and I can see the changes already.I lost about 13 lbs so now I wanna get the weights involved to build muscle while still burning fat so how should I go about it without killing my self .
jumping rope for an hour? the hell?? i can barely go 15 minutes
Yeah Jesus Christ... you should have lost close to 20lbs jumping rope for an hour thats close to 800 calories being burnt.

I would of but I relapse on the first 2 hot days Liquor beer and Bbq food
mad.gif

Originally Posted by eplaya06

nealraj006 How have your results been from fasting??
Like I've said, intermittent fasting is a meal frequency plan and results vary from people to people based on how much they eat. Regardless, if you eat too much food you'll still gain fat. It's just harder to eat so much when you have so little time to eat your daily calories.
It's allowed me to lose a bit of body fat without much effort because I don't overstuff myself. I'm still fine tuning my diet, but I do much better now than I did when I started a little over a year ago.
I started off with the Warrior Diet, then moved more towards water fasting by going for 24 hours twice a week. Now I don't have a fixed schedule as much, and I am very flexible with eating. 

I just recently started doing more compound lifts and did 5 sets at 185 for 6 reps each and when I was done I was sweating like a pig. Thats good right? I didnt feel my back as much as the first few times doing deadlifts I did after working out.

I've never sweat this much before in my life. No exaggeration.
I think it's this jack3d stuff.
My entire shirt was literally saturated with sweat.
Disgusting, but
pimp.gif

im gonna try that jack3d... anybody got an extra case etc?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

and whats the cheapest place to order? lmk thanks!

Originally Posted by ptrakarn23

im gonna try that jack3d... anybody got an extra case etc?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

and whats the cheapest place to order? lmk thanks!
i'm looking into that too. lately everyone i know has started using it. it's like the new n.o. explode..

iLLest
I'm halfway done with my clen cycle

2 week on/ 2 week off / 2 week on  pyramiding up and down

A lot of people report a lot of sweat and that you get hot as the side effects but those were minimal in my case. I wouldn't say its amazing by any means but with diet and cardio you can lose 1-2lb more a week than usual. 

Originally Posted by Andrew630

So I started to really workout around the end of May, so it's been about 3 weeks. I went from 151 to 157-158 (fluctuates a lot, sometimes even up to 160 when I just ate). I upped my caloric intake to probably 2800+ calories per day. Does my weight increase of 2 pounds a week sound normal? (I've been using the same scale at the gym)

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Originally Posted by I3

GOMAD.. its doable, but I think the balance of PVL or Serious Mass by ON has better ingredients, but of course whole foods all the way.  I just think it would be a good experiment to see if I can gain any weight using the gainer, i'd love to just have my shaker, perhaps take half a serving with my breakfast, then the other half at lunch or something.  I'd eventually get back to a whole foods diet anyway.

Thanks for the explanation, I think 5 reps is the way to go as far as strength gains go.

Im not too sure on the differences between the two programmes, apart from the obvious number in reps - I think the majority of the programmes are based on the same principles? 2 set workouts, all compounds, increase the weight each session and keep trying until you fail
pimp.gif

Is there a difference between 3reps and 5? I guess when your at a heavier, challenging weight the 3 repition scheme would be easier to hack as opposed to 5.
You're lucky to live in New Zealand. From what I've heard, most of your cows are grass-fed, so you get really high quality milk. I'm not sure whether or not they homogenize it or not. But seriously, if I were you, I'd take advantage of the milk. 
Starting Strength is 3 sets of 5 reps, just for reference.

I'll read up on Starting Strength and see what I can decipher.

Yup, we homogenise our Milks.. theres so many cows here its ridiculous.  You can get like the standard milk, trim, extra trim, super milk, rice milk, soy etc.. I guess we're spolied we don't take advantage of it ourselves..

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by iLLest

SERIOUS WEIGHT LIFTERS ONLY.

clenbuterol...

anyone have experiences?

iLLest!
laugh.gif
@ The serious lifters disclaimers. I guess I am not a serious lifter then.

But all of my Bike dudes, are there any pedometers (cheap yet efficient) that I can use to chart my distances? It would be nice to know how far I have gone. .

As in a cycling computer?
If so, there are tons of them out there, unfortunately the good ones aren't cheap.  A good one will run around $100+ , but you could probably get a decent one for around $50.
Cateye is a great brand and seems to make some pretty good quality ones.

Originally Posted by Fog Raw

Originally Posted by I3

^^ Hey, I have the same problem... My upper body is huge compared to my legs. Are there any exercises/workouts that might help balance it out a little? I seldom ever work on my legs, only when I go for some jogs/sprints.

Also, what would be the best way for me to burn fat? I've got some fat around my waist and neck area. Sorry NT I need some schooling on fitness...

If anyone can help me out, greatly appreciated
smokin.gif
Squat + Deadlift
pimp.gif
Thanks. How about exercises to get leaner?
You're on the right track regarding cardio: HIIT (whether it be stairs, cross trainer, treadmill, bike, sprints etc..) is a good way to get leaner.

Secondly, more importantly, you will have more success becoming lean with a proper diet.  Its not just cutting out the junk food, it also invovles, eating the right types of food, frequency of meals and portion sizes etc. 

Thirdly, to build your legs up, definitely include compounds into your workouts: Squats, Deadlifts, Bench and Military Press.  These are full body exercises and when combined together, you'll get a more efficient workout, especially if your an athlete and your looking for that extra strength or mass.

So if you can incorporate those 3 key factors into your lifestyle, you'll definitely get leaner, its not rocket science yeah.  Eat well, workout hard, sleep, rest and you'll get to where you want to be.

A lot of people also seem to forget perhaps the most important factors of all is consistency and patience.

Many people use intermittent fasting as a means to a single end — getting lean. Not a bad goal, or a bad method to achieve it.

But I want to remind all of you that intermittent fasting not only help make us lean but is also a viable eating lifestyle that improves how we manage our daily chores, work commitment, personal projects, social time, and leisure activities.

Intermittent fasting opens up times that we never thought we had. When we’re not obsessing with food, bogged down with food preparation, and eating by the clock, it’s amazing how much more time opens up for us to get things done — or to relish in doing nothing at all, as idle time is progressively lost in our culture, yet remains an important aspect in our health.

Intermittent fasting also appears to offer countless health benefits, such as insulin sensitivity, brain protection, improved blood pressure, reduced inflammation, decreased post-meal oxidation, cellular house-cleaning (microphage), anabolic and catabolic balance, body fat regulation, energy balance, decreased factors of aging, etc.

Fat loss is just a happy by-product of an eating lifestyle that is gaining community momentum — and hopefully cultural momentum, which cannot come too soon, given the obesity and premature health derangement we see today.

Make intermittent fasting a lifestyle, and not just a mean to lose 20, 40, or 60 pounds. We all deserve a lean and good-looking body, but we also deserve maximum health.

Those who have adopted intermittent fasting as a lifestyle can probably testify to not just fat loss but also health improvement. Let’s hear it.

I just thought I'd post this recent blog post from www.theleansaloon.com .

I got a 30 day membership at the Sport & Health Club in my area. This place has a pool w/ lap lanes and pretty much every machine i can think of. I'm not out of shape now or anything but I dont have any direction on what muscles i train so i just randomly hit the machines and free weights and do a sort of full body routine. Can someone recommend a sample schedule of what groups of muscles i should train together? And does anyone here swim for cardio? I'm thinking about mixing that in instead of just running.

also what foods are good for building muscle? i've just been eating a lot of chicken
laugh.gif

I've been on a pretty strict diet. Trying to eat healthy with each morning oatmeal and yogurt, lunch usually a chicken salad or turkey sandwich. I do mix it up and don't really eat the same thing everyday. I've been trying to eat fish like salmon and tuna at least twice a week, but like the above poster I've been eating alot of grilled and baked chicken breasts. Also, I haven't drank a soda in a solid couple of months and rarely drink sugary beverages. Can somebody post their nutritious diets that have been allowing them to see results and gains. I believe i have a good general sense of what it requires to fuel my body in the right way but I'm obviously no nutritionist. Help would be appreciated by someone who actually has it down to a science.

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by I3

^^ Hey, I have the same problem... My upper body is huge compared to my legs. Are there any exercises/workouts that might help balance it out a little? I seldom ever work on my legs, only when I go for some jogs/sprints.

Also, what would be the best way for me to burn fat? I've got some fat around my waist and neck area. Sorry NT I need some schooling on fitness...

If anyone can help me out, greatly appreciated
smokin.gif
Squat + Deadlift
pimp.gif
Thanks. How about exercises to get leaner?
You're on the right track regarding cardio: HIIT (whether it be stairs, cross trainer, treadmill, bike, sprints etc..) is a good way to get leaner.

Secondly, more importantly, you will have more success becoming lean with a proper diet.  Its not just cutting out the junk food, it also invovles, eating the right types of food, frequency of meals and portion sizes etc. 

Thirdly, to build your legs up, definitely include compounds into your workouts: Squats, Deadlifts, Bench and Military Press.  These are full body exercises and when combined together, you'll get a more efficient workout, especially if your an athlete and your looking for that extra strength or mass.

So if you can incorporate those 3 key factors into your lifestyle, you'll definitely get leaner, its not rocket science yeah.  Eat well, workout hard, sleep, rest and you'll get to where you want to be.

A lot of people also seem to forget perhaps the most important factors of all is consistency and patience.
Good looking out fam. Will definitely take your suggestions
smokin.gif

Disgusting, but
pimp.gif
you really need to try Scivation products.. my boy takes this thing before workout and he sweats like a immigrant factory worker

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Disgusting, but
pimp.gif
you really need to try Scivation products.. my boy takes this thing before workout and he sweats like a immigrant factory worker
awesome analogy
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom