Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by haddix

Originally Posted by JRodski

sup guys, just bought the p90x box set. i watched the intro disc and of course as we all kno they gaurantee you'll be "ripped" in 90 days. which you might be IF you are already pretty slim from the jump. (if you ask me, half those people on the intro-disc didnt even need this workout) but my question is: if i finish the 90 day program and im not "ripped" or even close to it for that matter, what should i do then?

Re-do the program. Plenty of people do 180 days or more with p90x. If you want fat loss you may want to look into Insanity. It's all cardio.

This. I just finished round 1 and I'm not that "ripped" but I'm in the best shape of my life. I just started round 2 today where I look on getting to the ripped stage that they speak of
laugh.gif
but honestly doing P90X has been one of the best decisions I've ever made

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

Originally Posted by EightysBaby

I'm tryna lose weight in the stomach area, i got a bit of a belly...would running twice a day (morning and night), crunches and situps daily along with a low carb diet of only chicken, fruits and vegetables get the job done? 
eyes.gif

& if not could someone recommend something.
In all honesty your best bet is to go to bodybuilding.com forums and look through the Losing Fat threads.

Main things -
Calories in < Calories out
Find your maintenance calories and then subtract 500 (should be about 1-2 pounds a week)
Fish oil, multi vitamin, LOTS OF WATER
Eat clean - lean protein, complex carbs, vegetables etc.

That should get you going. You cant lose fat in specific areas of your body and more or less just need to reduce overall body percentage. You need to look down the road, 8-12-16 weeks for noticeable results. Sounds brutal, not that bad. I have dropped 11-12 pounds of pretty much straight fat in the last 35 days. Got 10-15 more to go and I should be good to go for the summer.

Dedication is your best friend and trust me when I say it feels good to weigh in once a week and be less than the week before. Thats all the motivation I need.
My dude 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 good lookin out.

Wasn't feeling it today so I had 3 scoops of jacked + some Wu-Tang triumph on ipod. Made me 110% focused, tunnel vision mode. Had a good work out!

IMO having a body type like that is just too much... he got what I call the "Turtle Shell abs"
sick.gif
. But at the same time atleast he got abs unlike me 
30t6p3b.gif

I'm not suggesting you pick up this habit, it has been one of mine for quite some time now. Getting to the point, smoking weed, better known as
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
helps me maintain an increased appetite. If you are a skinny guy like me (and have the inclination towards smoking cannabis) it helps me put on weight, and also helps me sleep well. I don't ever do it before working out, usually after my shower (or if I have to get a bunch of tasks done, after that). And before my dinner for the night.

so 2 months ago i started lifting gain after about half a year off. i've maid some decent gains. but my thing is is that i have some belly fat and some in my chest. im not sure if i should just build more muscle in my abs in order to lose the fat or if I should do more high rep exercises and run more and diet harder. im 5 11 and weigh 170. im not overweight i just dont know how to lose this belly fat. i need some help yall

Originally Posted by ChiefWiggum

I'm not suggesting you pick up this habit, it has been one of mine for quite some time now. Getting to the point, smoking weed, better known as
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
helps me maintain an increased appetite. If you are a skinny guy like me (and have the inclination towards smoking cannabis) it helps me put on weight, and also helps me sleep well. I don't ever do it before working out, usually after my shower (or if I have to get a bunch of tasks done, after that). And before my dinner for the night.

Smoking weed:
thirsty = drinking sufficient water

hungry = eating sufficient calories (try to make wise decisions though)

tired = sufficient sleep

ALL are required for muscle growth

To say nothing of the fact drinking alcohol isn't even on my mind when I'm high. Saving hundreds of dollars a weekend, and best of all not killing my liver. no hangover either.

it just makes sense

^ Try living that weed lifestyle and lifting like a champ for years. It ain't happening. It might work temporarily but not forever.

Anyone use elk velvet antler here? I hear it has the same effects as HGH.

Are there any weight gainers which ya'll would suggest to help supplement calories/protein for somebody w/ an extremely busy schedule?

I dont want be stuck on one forever but Between school and work I'm not getting the 5-6 meal per day plan off to a great start
tired.gif

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

^ Try living that weed lifestyle and lifting like a champ for years. It ain't happening. It might work temporarily but not forever.

Anyone use elk velvet antler here? I hear it has the same effects as HGH.

I hear you.
I should have said specifically... it's a good replacement for weekend partying. I only smoke it MAX 8 times a month.

Alcohol is just too hard on my body and wallet. 

Originally Posted by bxbadboy90

I am kinda new to this but I want to get a lil cut for the summer and went to GNC. Saw that they had these two items on the shelf for proteins. Which would be better for my goal (along with a healthy diet)?

4a12563efcd7ffde8c4a76793d936060bbc2af8.jpg

or
a792505e9addbf478c1ab47cefa8854663c04ce.jpg

or
e2835c0fe321d288fe5b8940aa4ac57f06f170a.jpg
anyone?

I am kinda new to this but I want to get a lil cut for the summer and went to GNC. Saw that they had these two items on the shelf for proteins. Which would be better for my goal (along with a healthy diet)?

4a12563efcd7ffde8c4a76793d936060bbc2af8.jpg

or
a792505e9addbf478c1ab47cefa8854663c04ce.jpg

or
e2835c0fe321d288fe5b8940aa4ac57f06f170a.jpg
anyone?
those are all garbage!

ON whey is the best for the money. very good price, very little sugar, low cal, and tastes good as hell.

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

Originally Posted by EightysBaby

I'm tryna lose weight in the stomach area, i got a bit of a belly...would running twice a day (morning and night), crunches and situps daily along with a low carb diet of only chicken, fruits and vegetables get the job done? 
eyes.gif

& if not could someone recommend something.
In all honesty your best bet is to go to bodybuilding.com forums and look through the Losing Fat threads.
This dude on those boards said that weight lifting three times a week is a lot more essential to weight loss than cardio. Can this be true??
http://forum.bodybuilding...owthread.php?t=129247741

Under point 1.3

Back
Top Bottom