Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

anyone know where I can find ab ripper x?
nerd.gif

Spoiler [+]
preferably in my inbox

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Help me with lunch...
Needs to be a protein source that requires no prep, no microwave, no chilliing, etc.
I can bring an avacado for fats, a bagel for carbs, but the only practical thing is whey...?? need protein source! idea?

Canned tuna, canned salmon, beef jerky, greek yogurt

bagels are one of the worst form of processed carbs btw, go with some whole grain toast or something.

Do you guys think that an elliptical is good for burning fat or is it a waste of time?

When people are leaning out/cutting do you switch your lifting routine/style or is it stricly a matter of diet?

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

When people are leaning out/cutting do you switch your lifting routine/style or is it stricly a matter of diet?

I just switch up my diet.  And I always lift hard.

Some people advise to do cardio, but I don't care for it much. A little HIIT here and there.  
Originally Posted by robxdrew

Do you guys think that an elliptical is good for burning fat or is it a waste of time?

It doesn't hurt for the fat loss process.  But what intensity are you doing it at and for how long?

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Some people advise to do cardio, but I don't care for it much. A little HIIT here and there.  

It doesn't hurt for the fat loss process.  But what intensity are you doing it at and for how long?

I usually do it for 30 min. on level 11 with the "interval mode" on. I used to jog but I started hearing bad things about jogging. Are there any better solutions for me to shed some weight?

I usually do it for 30 min. on level 11 with the "interval mode" on. I used to jog but I started hearing bad things about jogging. Are there any better solutions for me to shed some weight?

To be honest there are only 3 things that will get you to lose weight.
(in order of importance)
1. Nutrition
2. Weight Lifting
3. Cardio

There are also pills that claim to help you lose weight, but I know nothing about those, and don't care for em'

Good luck bro.

What are you guys eating today???
Military press today so i'm going BIG on food.

morning: bagel w/ almond butter. 8 egg whites
noon: bag of baby carrots, 4 slices of 12 grain (WOW 20g carb, 5g pro per slice), with almond butter and blackberry jam, 1cup milk, 1 cup choco milk
afterschool: 2 LARGE chicken fajitas again, avacado, broccoli (*%@%%%% dig broccoli)
after workout: 1 cup oats, 8 egg whites, banana, 1 cup chocomilk, scoop of whey, 5g fiber, 1tbs flax oil, 3tbs almond butter
evening: undecided, maybe pizza!

not even gonna add that up, definitely 4k cals

Military press today so i'm going BIG on food.

morning: bagel w/ almond butter. 8 egg whites
noon: bag of baby carrots, 4 slices of 12 grain (WOW 20g carb, 5g pro per slice), with almond butter and blackberry jam, 1cup milk, 1 cup choco milk
afterschool: 2 LARGE chicken fajitas again, avacado, broccoli (*%@%%%% dig broccoli)
after workout: 1 cup oats, 8 egg whites, banana, 1 cup chocomilk, scoop of whey, 5g fiber, 1tbs flax oil, 3tbs almond butter
evening: undecided, maybe pizza!

not even gonna add that up, definitely 4k cals

I usually only eat big on Leg days, which is today actually.

morn: big bowl of steel cut oats with some brown sugar
noon: pasta
dinner: prob brown rice and chicken
snack: cottage cheese

on a cut though

Trying to lean out so I have been sticking w/mostly proteins & green vegetables.  For instance today I have eaten:

Breakfast:  2 Whole Eggs + 4 Egg Whites w/Spinach
Snack:  Non-fat plain greek yogurt + TSP of Flax Oil
Lunch:  6-8 oz. Turkey tenderloin w/Broccoli
Dinner:  Undecided (have ground buffalo & chicken breast at home both of which require cooking)

To be honest there are only 3 things that will get you to lose weight.
(in order of importance)
1. Nutrition
2. Weight Lifting
3. Cardio

There are also pills that claim to help you lose weight, but I know nothing about those, and don't care for em'

Good luck bro.

Best way to shed weight is to mess with your food intake/nutrition

Got back into working out from my last fitness failure.
Been doing free weights for about a month now and I just got back into cardio. It took me 50min to run/walk 3 miles. 
laugh.gif

Now I'm sick.
frown.gif
Been eating right though.
happy.gif
An occasional extra 150-200 cal cheat food though.
30t6p3b.gif

Whats your take on Beverly International Products ? I'm looking to buy the Glutamine from that company... a personal trainer at my schools facility recommended that brand

Originally Posted by CodLiverOil

Whats your take on Beverly International Products ? I'm looking to buy the Glutamine from that company... a personal trainer at my schools facility recommended that brand

never heard of it.... but man.. it's glutamine. isn't it all the same? I get find the tub for the best value i.e. "extra 20% for free!!"

first day on cut since last summer  i had 5 small meals but counted the calories its going to past 2,000 is that OK? btw I'm 6'3 and 187lbs

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

been !@!*%@$ with turkey burgers on the george foreman grill recently

What do you add to it? Or you just throw it on the grill for 6 minutes and eat it like that?

The most lean I've ever been was after my summer cut last year. All I did was drop carbs and did some cardio after each lifting session. I still ate carbs for breakfast and pre/post workout. More carbs on leg days I think. For cardio, I would do HIIT about 1-2 days out of the week, and my post-lifting cardio sessions would be fairly light (15-20 min.) I recommend the stair-master for cardio. Low Impact and pretty brutal on high intensity. My lifting workouts were kept the same though. However, I lost a bit more muscle than I would have liked. I didn't lose much strength really, but I definitely looked smaller.

Today I ate

Breakfast: Greek Yogurt mixed with Cottage Cheese, sugar-free jam, and some cereal.
Lunch: Chicken and Cilantro-Lime rice from some Peruvian restaurant.

I've been stuffing my face more than usual this past week and have actually lost weight. My lifts went up this week though. Maybe it was water weight.

Back
Top Bottom