STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

sweating out alcohol the day after :x

Feels 0] 0] Intra workout, but once you rack the weight up or step off the cardio machines you feel like you murked a thousand Jet Li's for making it through :lol: :smokin

For those of you who were fans of the OG Myofusion, 5lbers on Fitrx.com for $42, free shipping with FITRX99

I'm awaiting a late gym date, haven't ate since 7pm yesterday... stomach is growling, feels **** ING GREAT! :smokin

I guess i'm doing both? Every now and then I choose to throw in a 24hr fast, and i've been weighing in every Friday since I started fasting, so I didn't want to miss out today :D

Also, there's a family party tonight, while I don't intend on getting my fat *** on, Mexican food isn't the lightest so I figured it was an opportune time to do a 24hr :smokin

Another case of carbophobe. If you don't eat over maintenance level it wont get stored as fat. Listen to your body. Heres a great article on carbohydrates.
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nutrition/how-many-carbohydrates-do-you-need.html
"When carbohydrates are restricted completely, the body still has a small requirement for glucose, and the body has to find something to make glucose out of. That something is lactate and pyruvate (produced from glucose metabolism), glycerol (from fat metabolism) and some amino acids. It’s the amino acid use thats the problem since they have to come from somewhere".
I personally match my protein and carb intake gram for gram, which is about 180 a day. Again, listen to YOUR body!!!

The usage of amino acids as a form of energy is so minute and rare that its not even worth considering. Lipids are a much more likely to be converted to glucose.

For someone who's just interested in being more healthy and has a lot of pounds to lose then restrcting carb intake is perfectly fine. For anyone who exercises at an intense level or routinely plays sports then carbs are necessary.

i went to the gym today to find out about P/T and it just seems like too much money for me. Should i just asked random big guys at the gym to see if they would train me and maybe i won't have to

cough up that much money?? Hit me up on PM for ideas

^^Do your homework on the forums and YouTube^^ and save yourself quite a few bucks, i'm willing to bet they're doing the same >D

I guess i'm doing both? Every now and then I choose to throw in a 24hr fast, and i've been weighing in every Friday since I started fasting, so I didn't want to miss out today
happy.gif

Also, there's a family party tonight, while I don't intend on getting my fat *** on, Mexican food isn't the lightest so I figured it was an opportune time to do a 24hr
smokin.gif
ohh i see, i weigh every friday also, I've recently hit my plateau so i need to throw something different/new into my diet, i might try a 1 day fast every week see how that goes

I guess i'm doing both? Every now and then I choose to throw in a 24hr fast, and i've been weighing in every Friday since I started fasting, so I didn't want to miss out today
happy.gif

Also, there's a family party tonight, while I don't intend on getting my fat *** on, Mexican food isn't the lightest so I figured it was an opportune time to do a 24hr
smokin.gif
ohh i see, i also weigh every friday and have recently hit a little plateau so i might try a 1 day fast every now and then and see if that helps any

Every Saturday morning at my gym there is this older gentlemen who walks in with his lifting belt over his shoulder like he's the WWE champion. After chopping it up with some other fellas he goes directly over to the decline bench and throws 4 plates on each side of the bench. I want to emphasize THROWS. Then does a set and adds a plate after each one. During each set he has a guy "spotting" him, while in actuality he is probably dead lifting that weight. After each plate that goes on his screaming/grunting amplifies and soon the whole gym is disturbed.

I just had to share. Anyone have any people similar to this?

Before anyone asks, yes I am mad.

anyone ever try a spin cycle class? I walked in with the swag thinking it was going to be a piece of cake, but yo that **** is no joke and had my heart rate going through the roof :lol:
My university has a spin studio with classes and its no f'in joke, first time I went i wanted to quit halfway thru but I didnt wanna be that one so I toughed it out, felt good afterwards.

Question, how effective would 2-4 sets of Pushups & Situps a day (or every other day) over time be for building up a solid upper body? Would lifting be important? Or can I get by w/o? If I DO need to do some lifting what would be a good outline on where to start in terms of weights and sets?

Basically I want to build up my bird cage chest game and biceps lol.

Not that it has any relation but I already do tons of cardio to keep me active, but nothing outside of that.

happy.gif

smokin.gif
oh ok gotcha im thinking about throwing in a one day fast to my diet, ive recently hit a little plateau and need to find something new to help lose the rest of this weight

The worker at the gym said i need to eat more than just 2x a day, so he said to even drink Meal replacements if you don't have time for food, so i was wondering if GNC Totally Lean MRP is good? I

don't need to lose more weight as I already did that. Any recomendations for MRP

Question, how effective would 2-4 sets of Pushups & Situps a day (or every other day) over time be for building up a solid upper body? Would lifting be important? Or can I get by w/o? If I DO need to do some lifting what would be a good outline on where to start in terms of weights and sets?
Basically I want to build up my bird cage chest game and biceps lol.
Not that it has any relation but I already do tons of cardio to keep me active, but nothing outside of that.

If all you want to do is push-ups and sit-ups then its gonna take a while and your gonna be disappointed. These will make you stronger, but you're gonna want to work your entire body. A common mistake is people thinking there just gonna workout their glamour muscles and get awesome results. wrong. Working out each muscle group over time will get you the best results. If you're just starting out, I'd recommend doing push ups/pull-ups/sit-ups/dips for a good 2-3 weeks before you start weights. Your body will hate you at first but you have to push threw it. Most people give up after 3 weeks cause they don't see the results they want. Rome wasn't built in a day. If your really serious about it, do p90x. Great thing about it is it ranges from 0 experience to highly active people. 12 weeks and you'll be where you want.

Every Saturday morning at my gym there is this older gentlemen who walks in with his lifting belt over his shoulder like he's the WWE champion. After chopping it up with some other fellas he goes directly over to the decline bench and throws 4 plates on each side of the bench. I want to emphasize THROWS. Then does a set and adds a plate after each one. During each set he has a guy "spotting" him, while in actuality he is probably dead lifting that weight. After each plate that goes on his screaming/grunting amplifies and soon the whole gym is disturbed.

Let the man cook....its a damn gym not a library :rolleyes

Let the man cook....its a damn gym not a library :rolleyes

For real.

I'm not real loud at the gym but I don't mind it. Some dudes work out more intense than others.

For real.
I'm not real loud at the gym but I don't mind it. Some dudes work out more intense than others.

Its been scientifically proven that screaming and grunting provides no extra boost to your physically ability. I guess it helps psychologically though..

I want to lose my love handles and belly fat, but I dont want to lose all my muscle mass. Right now I wear 230 lbs. Educate me.

Last edited:
any info on shoulder injuries? good warm ups, stretches, how to avoid them ect.
hurt mine about 3 weeks ago. tried to work through the pain or go lighter for the first 2 weeks but realized i was probly making it worse. took this whole week off and its killing me. eating/feeling/looking like ****. help?
Shoulder injuries suck, but what I do to warm up my shoulders. Hit the ellipitical for a few minutes and hop off and go grab some 2.5 or 5 lb plates and do a circular motion with those 20 reps, then do it reverse 20 reps, side raises with the 2.5/5 plates 20 reps and front raises 20 reps with 2.5 plates. All one arm at a time. 

I found a video on YouTube similar to what I do without the eliptical or weights. I do all these movements with 2.5/5 plates.

I want to lose my love handles and belly fat, but I dont want to lose all my muscle mass. Right now I wear 230 lbs. Educate me.
11ttpap.jpg
Educate yourself.

read through the pages. no one is going to write a synopsis for you. dont be afraid to do a little research.

any info on shoulder injuries? good warm ups, stretches, how to avoid them ect.
hurt mine about 3 weeks ago. tried to work through the pain or go lighter for the first 2 weeks but realized i was probly making it worse. took this whole week off and its killing me. eating/feeling/looking like ****. help?

You might have shoulder bursities I have it's annoying as hell.

And your muscle mass really isn't that impressive right now. Focus less on that, and more on fat loss, i.e increased activity, proper diet, then get back to your muscle once you reach that goal. I realize i build muscle easier than I lose fat, so I had to seperate the goals and not worry about losing muscle that much because i know the bulking stage will be fun for me. But that's me, like club said, read, research, trial and error.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom