STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I prefer it when people wear sleeves because of the hygiene factor. People just wearing tanks and working out is :x

MRSA is no joke.

Last edited:
I prefer it when people wear sleeves because of the hygiene factor. People just wearing tanks and working out is :x

MRSA is no joke.

if its like that when what about backsweat and what not all over the place? :rolleyes

especially in the area with actual weights and where people lift, you rarely if ever see someone wipe down a bench

If youre wearing a shirt with sleeves and im wearing a shirt with sleeves, thats 2 barriers between your skin and my skin. If were both wearing tanks or something similar, theres no barrier.

Also, the leather on benches and seats wears down quicker because of the salt from skin contact. That doesnt happen as quickly with sleeved shirts.

Torn pec
eek.gif

my bad that i rustled jimmies

its just always the dudes who do it for instagram or been training 2-3 years i notice who are so into the gym shirts and showing off etc

ill go back to lurking this thread as i should
There's this new supplement shop around town and their slogan is "shut the eff up and lift". Shop is named Get Yok'd or something to that nature. All the meatheads in there wear their shirts with big ole fonts...stereotype to the max :lol:

might as well wear a hazmat suit
Yeah, man. I'm bringing my Level A Tyvek suit home from work. Will double as sauna suit!

Anybody recommend lifting straps? When I deadlift, I know I can go a little bit heavier but my grip gives out :\ Does anybody recommend a particular brand of lifting straps?

At what weight is your grip giving out?

I would recommend working on grip strength. If you are doing less than 315 and your grip is giving out you need to work on that.

Anyone else done Cindy before?...got 17 rounds and 5 reps today, not too shabby :smile:

Haven't done Cindy in a long time... Might do it once our rigs are up.

Cindy
5 pull ups
10 push ups
15 squats

As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes.

You have an average score, anything above 20 is above average. I think the best recorded is 61 rounds.

I'm going to start doing more girls/benchmark workouts while continuing to focus on strength/oly lifting. Liking the progress so far.

Usually wear training/board shorts a long sleeve nike pro combat shirt with a superhero t from Target. Can't workout in bball shorts, too cumbersome, got rid of all of them.

Finally got these after returning the Romaleos

Last edited:
Anybody recommend lifting straps? When I deadlift, I know I can go a little bit heavier but my grip gives out :\ Does anybody recommend a particular brand of lifting straps?

At what weight is your grip giving out?

I would recommend working on grip strength. If you are doing less than 315 and your grip is giving out you need to work on that.

Anyone else done Cindy before?...got 17 rounds and 5 reps today, not too shabby :smile:

Haven't done Cindy in a long time... Might do it once our rigs are up.

Cindy
5 pull ups
10 push ups
15 squats

As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes.

You have an average score, anything above 20 is above average. I think the best recorded is 61 rounds.

I'm going to start doing more girls/benchmark workouts while continuing to focus on strength/oly lifting. Liking the progress so far.

Usually wear training/board shorts a long sleeve nike pro combat shirt with a superhero t from Target. Can't workout in bball shorts, too cumbersome, got rid of all of them.

Finally got these after returning the Romaleos

jeez you had fast turn around time on your return :lol: did you get expedited shipping?

my adipowers are still on the truck for today

jeez you had fast turn around time on your return :lol: did you get expedited shipping?

my adipowers are still on the truck for today

I just received them. I didn't do an exchange since I didn't want to miss out on the restock and finding the adipowers in a 10.5 is a *****. I returned the Romaleo's for a refund and placed another order for the adipowers. Still waiting on my refund, :rolleyes

what is the fit like on the adipowers? i wear an 8.5 in the romaleos.

TTS, the Romaleo is friendly to those with a wide foot. Tried the adipowers and like the fit, hug my foot a bit more.

Last edited:
Why did you return the Romaleos? Is there a reason why?

Im in the market for those or AdiPowers. Would rather get Romaleos since they look better and come in black.

Anyone copping Generation Iron Blu-ray or DVD? They have presales on the generationiron website for an April 4th release but I think I'm gonna wait for a "streaming" version :nerd:

Last edited:

Im in the market for those or AdiPowers. Would rather get Romaleos since they look better and come in black.
i believe the adipowers are narrower. based on reviews ive read, they are very similar but just comes to how comfortable you are in each.
ahhh good stuff. definitely had to hop on this restock with that 20% off. can't wait to try them out.
what site?

eastbay was running a 20% off sale and the romaleos and adipowers were included. i posted about it last week

don't think the sale is running at the moment, though

Last edited:
Guess I'm the only person who lifts in a choppa suit......

but no, I prefer sleeves

and eastbay has 15% off at the moment

Speaking of hygiene and MRSA, the people who don't bring towels or use a towel to wipe off the benches are disgusting.

Last edited:

Comfort, I tried on both, and the adipowers just feel better on me. Also, I like Red, so it being all red makes me like them a bit more.

Last edited:

i believe the adipowers are narrower. based on reviews ive read, they are very similar but just comes to how comfortable you are in each.
eastbay was running a 20% off sale and the romaleos and adipowers were included. i posted about it last week

don't think the sale is running at the moment, though
Comfort, I tried on both, and the adipowers just feel better on me. Also, I like Red, so it being all red makes me like them a bit more.
adipowers are pretty narrow, more than i was expecting. ive had them about a year now and i love lifting in them and they are pretty comfy, but the pinky toe on both my feet are callused up because of how narrow they are and rub against the inside of the shoe. kinda hurt at first, but now im just used to it. i wear regular width shoes too, so its not like i have wide feet or anything 

been thinking about getting the romaleos for awhile now, but adipowers were definitely worth the money 

I lift with a t-shirt and I always wipe down benches before I use them

I'd never wear a wife beater :smh: ...too many people in and out that place

Back
Top Bottom