STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Deadlifted at the end of my back workout tonight. Saw some buddies doing it, and wanted to see where my strength was. Still managed 365 for 4.

Been watching @hookgrip videos all day,
eek.gif

Pumped for tonight, but man those guys form is crazy on point.

Might make next week a "drill week", need to work on speed under the bar.
Yea hookgrip videos always get me excited to lift, the chick C&J 323lbs weighing under 165 is crazy.

My numbers currently are 375 on bench, 530 squat, 415 front squat, 315 3RM on incline, 245 hang snatch, and 300 2RM on hang clean.  No clue what my true max ohp is but I work off a 225 standing max and can split jerk 275 for a few reps and push press 245 for a few.  Haven't gone higher than 495 on deadlifts because I barely do it but I need to do it more. I'm 5'9 197 currently.  

I use a belt when I'm going heavy on deadlifts.  I don't like to use a belt on squats or anything else but after I missed 545 on squat I used a belt and went for 530.  Don't really like belts.

Pulled from the floor on cleans for the first time in years today and I can already tell ima kill my hang clean pr.  Did deadlifts (trap bar) yesterday for the first time since early January and i'm feeling it today.  

Last edited:
Do y'all do dead lifts on back days or leg days?

I usually split my back between lower and upper. May sound weird but it works for me

I do upper back when I do my shoulders and arms and lower when I do core and legs

Day 2 back in the gym back to back. Taking tomorrow off since I have bball game but will be back in it on Thursday. Don't know if it's me but one thing I've noticed is that being in the gym and working out makes me want to eat healthier. I crave fruits and healthy salads and proteins after I work out. However, when I'm lazy, I crave fatty foods.

stop being lazy

eating fruit will stop the candy/junk food craving

eat apples and bananas throughout the day. they are delicious, filling, and sweet.

Yea I know that that's what I was saying. I fell off w/ my schedule and being tired but am back into it more focused. Made enough excuses. Still trying to work around my knee injury though.

Last edited:
Anyone can help me with multivitamins?

I did some browsing and reading and it seems like MusclePharm[emoji]174[/emoji] Armor-V is the best one….I'm just weary about taking 6 of them daily lol

Anyone can help me with multivitamins?

I did some browsing and reading and it seems like MusclePharm[emoji]174[/emoji] Armor-V is the best one….I'm just weary about taking 6 of them daily lol

Muscle Pharm sucks

im sure most can agree, the best bodybuilding vitamin you can buy is pretty much Orange Triad. i think it requires 6 pills as well but you can break it up to 2 pills 3 times a day or 3 pills twice a day. Has everything in em and especially for your joints.

OT was also popular among the list, I remember reading that. Can you go into detail why Muscle Pharm is inferior to OT? I know they mark up their prices and rely on marketing.

OT was also popular among the list, I remember reading that. Can you go into detail why Muscle Pharm is inferior to OT? I know they mark up their prices and rely on marketing.

which list are you looking at? ive never seen that product listed anywhere as being good. most of their stuff is trash and as you say, they rely on marketing.

its a better all around product by a smaller company thats in business because what the advertise you actually get.

has a good amount of joint support, digestion, and also good amount of vitamins. all important if you are actually lifting.

ask around on body building sites 9 outta 10 tell recommend OT before any other multi. I dont even know whats considered second best.

Thanks man...I read it on menshealth

IMO mens health gets paid to advertise and who pas them good money gets put in the magazine and higher on the list.

yes, i have a subscription to them which i got for free. trash IMO

Yeah but he used to be like 250+ I believe 

I don't consider my self big, just another dude trying to find my nut.

Used to be 265lb.

Cut down to 185lb.

Currently 210lb, plan on being 195-200 by July.

This whole wedding thing recently threw me off my game, between the partying, eating, and time consumption by planning.

Yeah but he used to be like 250+ I believe 

I don't consider my self big, just another dude trying to find my nut.

Used to be 265lb.

Cut down to 185lb.

Currently 210lb, plan on being 195-200 by July.

This whole wedding thing recently threw me off my game, between the partying, eating, and time consumption by planning.

that retired football life

What bars do you guys recommend for snacking on during the day?

Last edited:

My playing weight was actually 225-230 playing outside lb.

I honestly didn't get into working out until after football, and I became obsessed with putting as much weight up as my body would allow.

Now I just like living a healthy lifestyle and pushing my limits.

Plus playing with my weight gets me off in a weird way.

I love switching up new routines.

My playing weight was actually 225-230 playing outside lb.

I honestly didn't get into working out until after football, and I became obsessed with putting as much weight up as my body would allow.

Now I just like living a healthy lifestyle and pushing my limits.

Plus playing with my weight gets me off in a weird way.

I love switching up new routines.
TEACH ME FATHER

First time dead lifting today. Pulled 315 for 1. Tried 325 but my grip gave out. I think I could've got it with straps.

i bet your form was awesome too :lol:

and people wonder why they get hurt at the gym. first time deadlifting and trying 300+ lb :smh:

I still dont have the courage to deadlift from a back injury I got nearly a year ago :smh:

I just do back extensions on a machine and feel like a ******... :rolleyes

Oh well :lol:

I still dont have the courage to deadlift from a back injury I got nearly a year ago :smh:

I just do back extensions on a machine and feel like a ******... :rolleyes

Oh well :lol:

Legit only exercise I stay away from longevity of my back is important since I'm in medical. I just don't believe it's that good of an exercise

Back
Top Bottom