STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I heard nothing but good reviews about the cappuccino even from those who hate ON whey

Bert. Bert. thats a shame bro. ON Gold Standard Vanilla Ice Cream is the best flavor protein I had so far and has a good profile. I only tried Muscle Milk OG, Muscle Milk Stawberry/Banana (got this cuz it was on sale @ GNC), and ON Costco Choco.

Gym closed on Friday :smh:

Last edited:
Bert. Bert. thats a shame bro. ON Gold Standard Vanilla Ice Cream is the best flavor protein I had so far and has a good profile. I only tried Muscle Milk OG, Muscle Milk Stawberry/Banana (got this cuz it was on sale @ GNC), and ON Costco Choco.

Now ON isn't bad but vanilla ice cream is horrible haha

Now ON isn't bad but vanilla ice cream is horrible haha

it tasted like Aquafina made a vanilla flavored water

and no, it wasnt not any better in milk.

have not had ON for over 2 years. if i get samples i give them away.
that being said, ice cubes and skim/almond milk + protein + blender can make most stuff taste ok.
nowadays i pretty much mostly drink protein from xtreme formulations. sometimes some PES select, USP OEProtein, thermolife vasolate or whatever else catches my eye that isn't spiked with aminos to up the protein count. companies are being sued for spiking. i don't drink enough protein shakes for the brand or type or even the spiking to really make a difference though. shakes are just a more macro-friendly treat for me so i don't like protein that doesn't taste really good.

Wanted to go to the Kendrick Farris seminar in Nashville coming up but $200 was just a little steep for me

Wanted to go to the Kendrick Farris seminar in Nashville coming up but $200 was just a little steep for me
Damn son getting that cake

A lot of top powerlifters, like Brandon Lilly, offer free seminars. All you have to do is sign up before its full.

Isn't there a vid out there of Kendrick almost getting decapitated after missing a lift?

Damn son getting that cake

A lot of top powerlifters, like Brandon Lilly, offer free seminars. All you have to do is sign up before its full.

Isn't there a vid out there of Kendrick almost getting decapitated after missing a lift?
Yea he tried to fight but ended up passing out with the bar barely missing him

majority of ppl agree ON is terrible.

i cant even drink it. whats that tell you, just because people drink it doesnt mean they enjoy it. a lot of people drink it to get protein and dont care for flavor. If you like it then good for you but a lot of people can agree it sucks, if you want come over and take my 5lb vanilla ice cream. 2 scoops missing and been sitting in my kitchen for 3 months now

i for one care for flavor.

Syntha 6 sucks macro wise which is why i dont even use it, its not too sweet. try some other proteins, tastes full of sweetener and its like pouring a 1lb of sugar on your tongue :x

That ON Vanilla Ice cream is truly one of the most disgusting flavors ever created though.

I've tried a couple of ON flavors over the years and cookies and cream is the worst flavor I've had. That Mocha Cappuccino is the GOAT ON flavor.

i cant even drink it. whats that tell you, just because people drink it doesnt mean they enjoy it. a lot of people drink it to get protein and dont care for flavor. If you like it then good for you but a lot of people can agree it sucks, if you want come over and take my 5lb vanilla ice cream. 2 scoops missing and been sitting in my kitchen for 3 months now

Syntha 6 sucks macro wise which is why i dont even use it, its not too sweet. try some other proteins, tastes full of sweetener and its like pouring a 1lb of sugar on your tongue :x

That ON Vanilla Ice cream is truly one of the most disgusting flavors ever created though.

but i dont know anything about flavoring, ON is delicious :rolleyes

btw the double chocolate isnt good either, extreme might be decent but i never had it.

im sure with anyone, if you force yourself to take a scoop everday for 2-3 months you can get used to it.

before i really got into lifting i did take ON whey, this was years ago when i was a noob so maybe flavoring was different or something but i did consume it no issue from what i remember :lol:

Last edited:

The only ON flavors I used is Strawberry and Vanilla :lol: I'm so different.

Y'all overrating quest bars. They ight but not worth spending 20 or more on a box.

I'd probably buy some if I could get em for 15 or less for a box

Even then unlike most of you, I inhale those in 2 seconds and got a sweet tooth so will eat 3 bars a day :smh:

There's def not a better tasting protein bar on the market..last time I got them GNC sold them $26 a box if I bought 2..great deal IMO if u look how much they cost individually..they are also good for an emergency snack at work or running errands, whatever..I like the chocolate chip cookie dough..need to get more boxes

GODDDAMMMITTTT

My shoulder gave out on me again. Dont think its my rotator cuff, but the front shoulder area (where the shoulder meets the pec I guess) right where the bone is. It hurt the day after my last push day (last Thursday), today I tried to do shoulders in the AM and chest PM. There was pain during shoulder presses, not so much flys and everything else. It really gave out during incline bench in the PM.

Just when im getting back into things...this happens. Ive had this bad shoulder on and off for over a year.

Last edited:
GODDDAMMMITTTT

My shoulder gave out on me again. Dont think its my rotator cuff, but the front shoulder area (where the shoulder meets the pec I guess) right where the bone is. It hurt the day after my last push day (last Thursday), today I tried to do shoulders in the AM and chest PM. There was pain during shoulder presses, not so much flys and everything else. It really gave out during incline bench in the PM.

Just when im getting back into things...this happens. Ive had this bad shoulder on and off for over a year.

That sounds pretty similar to what I have, tendonitis in the AC joint. Get it checked out by a doctor to see if anything is damaged in there.

That sounds pretty similar to what I have, tendonitis in the AC joint. Get it checked out by a doctor to see if anything is damaged in there.
You had an MRI and everything?

When this happens I usually just lay off of it for some time. If anything id do shoulder/chest workouts that dont cause pain. 

what are you guys taking for your joints?

have stopped taking fishoil for awhile now while it does help a bit with joints. i took it for like 5 years straight but got sick of taking it

wondering whats out there to help especially with wrists and elbows because thats where i get sore at times.

Bioforge and super cissus (usplabs). Thank me later. Broke both knees 2X each and I feel great after taking this stuff

have stopped taking fishoil for awhile now while it does help a bit with joints. i took it for like 5 years straight but got sick of taking it

wondering whats out there to help especially with wrists and elbows because thats where i get sore at times.

Fish oil is not really a help when it comes to joint pain, glucosamine and chondroitine supplements are better. Fishoild helps improve your blood chemistry and are great against inflammation/muscle soreness.. but it also thins your blood

You had an MRI and everything?

When this happens I usually just lay off of it for some time. If anything id do shoulder/chest workouts that dont cause pain. 

I had an X-ray done and examined by an orthopaedic doc, was diagnosed with tendonitis, luckily it's nothing too serious but I would have never known unless I had it checked out. I recommend you do the same so you know whether or not it's a severe injury.

Right now you should ice after any shoulder/chest workout and see if that helps.

Last edited:
Im still recovering from a broken foot as well, may need surgery. I think im working out hard and trying to cut at the same time, maybe my body isnt recovering as fast.

Fish oil is not really a help when it comes to joint pain, glucosamine and chondroitine supplements are better. Fishoild helps improve your blood chemistry and are great against inflammation/muscle soreness.. but it also thins your blood

Yea i know fishoil isnt really for joint support, even though supposedly it helps a tiny bit

i dont really wanna rely on glucosamine and chodrotin. i dont have major issues but ever once in awhile the constant working out ends up affecting my elbows and wrists so im trying to minimize any actual damage in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom