STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Back trouble is the worst. Still don't feel comfortable pushing it to the limit with DLs and squats. I can only Smh as I do these weak quarter squats once the weight gets heavy. Don't trust my lower back at all.

need some help fam...

my wifey is looking to get back into exercise now that our daughter is a little older and I want to help her along. we already eat super clean so diet is solid.

equipment at our house:
adjustable dumb bells
kettle bell
exercise ball
adjustable bench
TRX straps
steep hill
stairs

here is what I was thinking of doing with her, at least for the first month, and wanted some input or ideas:

DAY ONE:
50 air squats
40 standing lunges (each leg)
30 sit-ups
20 push-ups
10 burpees
*each round - 5 rounds total - drop 10 reps from every exercise until there is nothing left

DAY TWO:
Alternate hill sprints - I sprint, and walk down, when I make it down, she sprints up, etc. The goal would be 5, but whatever we can't make, we just walk the hill to reach the 5.

DAY THREE:
Free weights: I was thinking shoulder raises, incline curls, tricep extension, and lat workouts with the TRX - need some help on this one for good "female" workouts

Thanks in advance. This may seem like a simple workout, but I think it would make huge strides in her confidence and ability to get back to her pre-mommy gym routine 8)

man i used to be heavy in the gym...4-5 days a week, sometimes 7 (didnt lift every day)...

but recently been smoking too much...find it hard as F' to go to the gym...and munchies is a serious disease right now....

anyone who smokes daily and still goes hard at the gym have any advice?

inb4 stop whining....inb4 don't be lazy....inb4 don't smoke...

man i used to be heavy in the gym...4-5 days a week, sometimes 7 (didnt lift every day)...

but recently been smoking too much...find it hard as F' to go to the gym...and munchies is a serious disease right now....

What kinda smoke we talking about?

Take some preworkout to give you that energy high.

What kinda smoke we talking about?

Take some preworkout to give you that energy high.
Bruh....just no....

I feel like my heart would explode if I ever tried that. 

But @copped  , if you really want to go hard in the gym, don't smoke the day you plan to go.

So this is my rough draft of a workout. Hour long, 4 days a week.  I'm skipping legs for now, as my legs and thighs are already too big.

Warm-up: Elliptical 10minutes or 8min Mile treadmill 

All 4x10 reps                                                                             
Bench

Power Clean                                                               

Dead lifts

Military press-overhead, straight up dumbell                                                     

Flat Chest Press
Shrugs
Knee on Bench w/dumbell(i dont know what this is called)

Flat Flys                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

Incline Chest Press                                                                      

Split Squat
Stepups                                                                                         

Standing Curls 

Dips                                                                                    

Seated rows                                                                              

Lat Pull Downs

Abdomen exercise (machine)                                                 

Chest flys (machine)

Triceps pulldown (machine)

Pullups

Cable curl

My aim is a bigger chest, and larger arms. 

Thoughts?

^you saying that you're not doing legs is reminiscent of women saying they don't want to lift heavy because they don't want to get too muscular.

So this is my rough draft of a workout. Hour long, 4 days a week.  I'm skipping legs for now, as my legs and thighs are already too big.

All 4x10 reps                                                                             

Bench
Power Clean                                                               
Dead lifts

Flat Chest Press

Shrugs

Flat Flys                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

Incline Chest Press                                                                      
Split Squat

Stepups                                                                                         
Standing Curls 

Dips                                                                                    
Seated rows                                                                              
Lat Pull Downs

Chest flys (machine)
Pullups
Cable curl

Thoughts?

Blocked and reported.

Not sure how that correlates at all really. I have a small waist and big calves and thighs and its disproportionate imo. Rather drop weight in these areas than add muscle and subsequently, more mass

Not sure how that correlates at all really. I have a small waist and big calves and thighs and its disproportionate imo. Rather drop weight in these areas than add muscle and subsequently, more mass
You could still do leg exercises, and not add mass to your legs...

Y'all are ridiculous

for real though man, you're not gonna wanna skip out on leg day.

Your leg muscles are very large muscles and breaking them down will help with overall fat loss.

You're not going to suddenly get huge tree trunk legs just like you're not going to suddenly have bazooka arms.

Don't purposely neglect muscle groups with that mindset.

i was talking about regular weed smokers who go to the gym...

hard to balance both lifestyles...

i was talking about regular weed smokers who go to the gym...

hard to balance both lifestyles...
If you were the type that only did it at night before bed or something you might be able to but other than that you could never balance both.

All 4x10 reps                                                                             

Bench
Power Clean                                                               
Dead lifts

Flat Chest Press

Shrugs

Flat Flys                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

Incline Chest Press                                                                      
Split Squat

Stepups                                                                                         
Standing Curls 

Dips                                                                                    
Seated rows                                                                              
Lat Pull Downs

Chest flys (machine)
Pullups
Cable curl

Thoughts?

Y'all are ridiculous

Does not compute. Have you ever worked out before? these same upper boddy exercises 4 days a week?

Maybe i'm reading that wrong, which exercises are on which days?

Last edited:
for real though man, you're not gonna wanna skip out on leg day.

Your leg muscles are very large muscles and breaking them down will help with overall fat loss.

You're not going to suddenly get huge tree trunk legs just like you're not going to suddenly have bazooka arms.

Don't purposely neglect muscle groups with that mindset.

Oh, ok. Well this makes sense. Thank you. Any idea what leg exercises? Or will any do?

Does not compute. Have you ever worked out before? these same upper boddy exercises 4 days a week?

Maybe i'm reading that wrong, which exercises are on which days?

Never worked out. I have a bit of size to me naturally. But I'm at the point where I want to add definition and so forth.

What I have above is all from YouTube and google. From research, seems most people do the same exercises over and over.

Back
Top Bottom