STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

stuck at a couple plateaus in my current workout... any truth if i switch to 5x5 (5 reps 5 sets) at a higher weight  will help me get past it?

Last edited:
I use smith for legs together and wide stance "squat"

but mainly because our squat racks are usually taken and i refuse to do them in the cross fit section of our gym.

which btw i did deadlifts there and i couldn't just drop the weight like the rest of them people. Control!!!!
lol

Sure you can use a smith machine to get stronger, but there are better alternatives. For optimal gains, use free weights.

Just because strong people use or do certain things does not validate it.

Comes from not breathing properly. Take some big deep breaths if it happens, that usually help.

Yeah I have to work on that, I did remember struggling with the weight and I usually do try to breathe properly but that one rep that got me I remember kinda just forcing it and not caring about the breathing.

Still feel it today, I feel super groggy.

Sure you can use a smith machine to get stronger, but there are better alternatives. For optimal gains, use free weights.

Just because strong people use or do certain things does not validate it.
That's just silly. It's a tool. It's really good, especially for rows, jm presses, and hack squats. In fact I'd say there's no better way of doing multiple row variations that's available to most people, and being on a track is a huge reason why. If it's not optimal for you that's fine, but people act like it's a devil machine that if you touch all your gains will disappear.

That's just silly. It's a tool. It's really good, especially for rows, jm presses, and hack squats. In fact I'd say there's no better way of doing multiple row variations that's available to most people, and being on a track is a huge reason why. If it's not optimal for you that's fine, but people act like it's a devil machine that if you touch all your gains will disappear.

You clearly didn't read what I wrote.

Not even going to waste my time typing out a legit response.

I treat the Smith just like any other accessory machine (Hammer strength are better IMO)... bent over rows, 1 arm rows, and Savickas Presses (military press seated on the floor with extended legs and no back support) are nice to do on em. 

Smith machines are a tool bodybuilders use to help shape their thighs by using an unusual range of motion, different kinds of movement that's hard to do with free weights, etc. or a good tool for rehab

That's about what it's good for.

Last edited:

The smith machine has its purposes. That's proven by strong, big guys using it. Steroids don't magically make the smith machine work.
You are probably the first guy that powerlifts that is promoting the use of the smith machine. 

But srs how many strong big guys use it that are natural?

Last edited:
Didn't think it would blow up into this big discussion lol.

I started out Smith squatting and it just felt so uncomfortable to me. Then a friend of mine told me I should be doing free weights and I never looked back.

Kinda related but not really, it annoys me when people brag about how much they squat then I see them using the Smith machine like they're equivalent.

lol the dudes on JUICE use the smith machine more than anyone!!!!

speaking for my local LA Fitness

swear they be incline benchin heavy as hell

you aint &%*^ bruh

leather face

Last edited:
lol the dudes on JUICE use the smith machine more than anyone!!!!

speaking for my local LA Fitness

swear they be incline benchin heavy as hell

you aint &%*^ bruh

leather face
Fo real real bruh

Go look on YT at any pro training, I promise they will use the smith.

Back
Top Bottom