STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Legendary strength indeed right here. 1025lb rack pull
This dude is a beast
pimp.gif
HOW COULD I MISS THESE!!!.....

So you don't consider the oldest, probably next to fighting, sport in the history of makind physical competition as a sport?
I knew this was gonna rustle some jimmies, but here's my logic and I'll drop it after that.

sport
noun
an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

Lets take the 100 meter dash for an example. I don't see it as an individual or team competing against another person. Sure there are several people lined up, but they're in their own lane and by the rules, other runs cannot effect the runners next to them. Basically they are running against the clock. Usain Bolt can run by himself or with 100 people, it doesn't matter. It's him vs the clock. 

You guys can call it a sport if you want to.

Physical competition is the umbrella

1. Competitions that involve in direct competition in which you and your opponent are sharing the same space, competing at the same time. (major sports, fighting)

2. Competitions that involve you and your opponents taking turns (gymnastics, cheer, dance)

They are all sports
I will just leave this here

I knew this was gonna rustle some jimmies, but here's my logic and I'll drop it after that.

sport
noun
an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

Lets take the 100 meter dash for an example. I don't see it as an individual or team competing against another person. Sure there are several people lined up, but they're in their own lane and by the rules, other runs cannot effect the runners next to them. Basically they are running against the clock. Usain Bolt can run by himself or with 100 people, it doesn't matter. It's him vs the clock. 

Dude, you do know individuals run for TEAM points right?

sport
noun

Dude, track and field is the Mother of all sports, the purest.... its running, jumping and throwing.  A sport is not something where there's an opponent playing offense or defense every time and thats what you're describing.  

There is literally no debate on this, this is not a matter of opinion... its facts. Track is not just a sport its the first sport ever at the Olympics. 

This makes me think. A lot of ya'll with significant others in here i'm sure. Do they work out? If so do they work out with you? If they don't work out then do you care or have you ever tried to get them to with no success? 

Had a convo with my boy and he hattttttes it when his girl goes to the gym with him. He gets majority of his training in during his long a** lunch break now.

Last edited:
Usually when you work out with someone that isn't on your level, you might not be able to get all of your work done.

Now it also depends on what you do at the gym. If you do HIIT type of activity, sure yall both can get work done with no issue. But if both of you are lifting and neither are on the same level, your workout might suffer

Sometimes getting them to a level greater than they're used to is reward enough for that session, you can get it in otherwise. But that ain't ya'll.

Sometimes getting them to a level greater than they're used to is reward enough for that session, you can get it in otherwise. But that ain't ya'll.
Yea maybe for A session but if someone that isn't on your level is with you at all times and you don't have another time to workout, it can create an issue for your own progress

For me its not about them being on the same physical level as me. They just have to at the same intensity as me.
Ive worked out with my ex before and she doesnt have the same goals as me. She goes hard but other than to tone up and be a bit healthier she wasnt in there with the intensity i go in with. I have a female friend who competes in figure and physique and other than my trainer shes the best training partner ive ever had. Her ferocity and intensity is on the same level because we have the same goals as far as what we want as an end result of our training

I weigh 120 pounds. I want to get to 140. I eat crazy amounts and it's still not enough. What do you guys think my protein shake game should be like?

I lift too. I'm not just trying to get fat :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom