STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Finally made it back to the gym after a ten week absence and it was devastating. Only managed to pull 275 for 5x5 and felt light headed and I'll by the time I finished.

These long layoffs will mess with your head something serious.

Try this, one of my work out in my program.

Complete in As FEW SETS AS POSSIBLE

100 Back Squats @ 75% of your body weight!

Example I weight 187, I will squat (64kg) 140.8lbs.

I did it in 3 sets.  Feel the BERN!!!

Damn I will. That's a good one. :pimp:

I have never been this sore though already. Not even after my first weeks in the gym.

I'm doing that next leg day and I'll report back. I'll be squatting 120.

Last edited:
was Hungry AF today, went in to 7 11 to get one of those sandwiches saw it was like 4 bucks and didn't look appetitizng. rolled over to the GNC got a Ostrich Jerky and some a Complete Cookie. joint was excellent. went to the gym. it was a decent. just forgot to pack a lunch for work today and didnt know i'd run over time.

Nope. You measure it accounting for the cooking. 1 cup of cooked jasmine rice is like 44.52g of carbs. So 3/4 cup would be about where you want to be for 36

Thanks.

Now I need suggestions on fats:

Olive oil, avacados, cheese, almonds..

Trying to be creative with my lunch and dinner.

^^^^

Whole eggs.

This was my dinner last night. I luh the soft yolk :smokin

Last edited:
Thanks.

Now I need suggestions on fats:

Olive oil, avacados, cheese, almonds..

Trying to be creative with my lunch and dinner.

Yeah, what the guy above this said. Whole eggs. Beef, 93% turkey. Almonds. I do 1tbsp of PB every night before bed, good for the fats and to help keep cravings away.

This is the problem:

Coach has me on this zone diet.

35g of protein
45g of carb
15g of fats

Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Dinner, Snack

Can't be eating eggs all day. That combination with protein shake gas will not be pleasant. :lol:

Any more suggestions

Last edited:
I've been eating a ridiculous amount. I feel like I never stop eating throughout the day. I'm starting to keep track of what I'm eating everyday. This has been today, and typically what I've been eating the past week.

730 – protein shake
8 – 3 cantaloupe spears, green tea
9 – water, one a day vitamin
930 – green tea
10 –burrito bowl (eggs, potatoes, chorizo, corn, cheese, lettuce, guac), orange juice
12 – 2 pineapple spears, 4 oz cottage cheese, Cliff bar, water
130 – water
3 – tuna on wheat w/ lettuce, apple, water

And later today it will be:

430 - protein shake, apple
WORKOUT
6 - protein shake, gummy bears
7 - chicken breast, cup of steamed broccoli, 2 cups spinach
9 - 2-4 tbsp peanut butter

I also just moved my work schedule back an hour because I've been having problems getting enough sleep. The extra hour of rest in the morning is really going to be helpful. I'm going to use it for sleep or to make breakfast at home some days. Right now, the only food I'm buying at work is a breakfast wrap/burrito/bowl. I don't think I'm saving any money on food though I may actually be spending more than I was before now even though I'm buying all this stuff in bulk, I'm just consuming so much more than I'm used to.

Last edited:
This is the problem:

Coach has me on this zone diet.

35g of protein
45g of carb
15g of fats

Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Dinner, Snack

Can't be eating eggs all day. That combination with protein shake gas will not be pleasant. :lol:

Any more suggestions

That's a new one... Never heard of a zone diet before. Basically just more structured IIFYM?

Coconut oil is a good one, olive oil is overrated and over used IMO. You could really use any oil you wanted if you just need an easy solution for fats. Flax seed, macadamia, avocado oils are all reasonable choices. I would ask your coach what he recommends. That's what you pay them for

bruh,

theres so many asians at my university that dont even look like they lift but they putting up anywhere from 315 to 405 on the squat. I be going to the weight room and im just  sittin there like

bruh,

theres so many asians at my university that dont even look like they lift but they putting up anywhere from 315 to 405 on the squat. I be going to the weight room and im just  sittin there like
DYEL  ≠ being strong and vice versa 

bruh,

Most Asians that weightlift has the physical and physic of a text book weightlifter. Mobility for most isn't an issue. So just a matter for following through on the technique.

I have a meet coming up on March 26th

M35 - 95kg class. Hopefully I can cut the weight by a kg 2 hours before the weight in, so I can do the 85kg class.

Last edited:
bruh,

Most Asians that weightlift has the physical and physic of a text book weightlifter. Mobility for most isn't an issue. So just a matter for following through on the technique.

I have a meet coming up on March 26th

M35 - 95kg class. Hopefully I can cut the weight by a kg 2 hours before the weight in, so I can do the 85kg class.
is this true @rck3sactown

Guys, I'm starting to get into a routine, and was looking for suggestions on shoes (I've been working in my old BB1'S). I was thinking of a pair of metcons, but I'd like to stay under $100 if possible. And I'd prefer the swoosh (yes, I'm a brand wh---, sorry) but other exceptional recommendations will be appreciated.

Routine is mostly free weights, with 2 days cardio (treadmill,bike)

Currently 5'7" 198. Trying to get down to 165.

Thanks in advance!

I'm an Asian with crap mobility!

I'm a chunky Filipino kid though so probably not quite what you were referring to :lol:

Last edited:
Maybe not mobility but better "body mechanics" per say. And, Genetics.

From what I understand, long torso and short femurs is an ideal weightlifter. Definitely great squatters. Anatomy when squat provides great balance with the bar.

All the Asians in my box fits that description and it's amazing to watch.

I'm talking weightlifting - squats, snatch, c&j

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom