STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Mannnnn, if the reason you work out is for anyone but yourself then youre doing it all wrong.

Find a style of movement you enjoy, practice it, set a goal and make it a lifelong habit.
Nobody in the history of working out has done it for themselves. No matter what your goal it's all relative to others.

Thats literally the dumbest thing youve ever said, and thats saying A LOT.

You telling me the reason you workout is to impress others?

Id like you to post a picture of yourself. You're a condescending little ****. Yes since the beginning of time other people have dictated fitness. From being fit to meet your enemies on the battlefield to just trying to meet social norms. Everything fitness related comes from others.

If fat was socially acceptable, gets 100,000 ig followers and bags 10/10 women then everyone would have dad bods and be out of shape.

Working out for yourself yes, but youre a liar if you say its not for anyone else either.

Id like you to post a picture of yourself. You're a condescending little ****. Yes since the beginning of time other people have dictated fitness. From being fit to meet your enemies on the battlefield to just trying to meet social norms. Everything fitness related comes from others.

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]. Everything fitness does NOT come from others.

I cant.

Im only condescending when people make silly statements that arent true.

Remember, youre the one who told me no one exercises for their own personal reasons.

I guess the overweight woman who has been running and training so she can complete a 5k or half marathon is doing it to impress others. You riiiighhhttt. Shes not doing it for her own personal well being or doing something she thought was impossible.

Unbelieveable.

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]. Everything fitness does NOT come from others.

I cant.

Im only condescending when people make silly statements that arent true.

Remember, youre the one who told me no one exercises for their own personal reasons.

I guess the overweight woman who has been running and training so she can complete a 5k or half marathon is doing it to impress others. You riiiighhhttt. Shes not doing it for her own personal well being or doing something she thought was impossible.

Unbelieveable.
Where your picture at little buddy? That fat chick trying to do 5ks is trying to fit in with the crowd. You think she'd give a **** if nobody ran 5ks? Or her husband didn't see her slim friends? You can't name me a goal not dictated by others and I'd bet money you look like trash.

Shes running a 5k to fit in with the crowd? Hahah awesome. Shes running it because you think her husband finds her skinnier friends more attractive??

[emoji]128514[/emoji]

Shes running a 5k to fit in with the crowd? Hahah awesome. Shes running it because you think her husband finds her skinnier friends more attractive??

[emoji]128514[/emoji]
Oh I'm sorry she's just running 5ks by herself to feel good? Nope she putting on a flag to join the crowd

If fat was socially acceptable, gets 100,000 ig followers and bags 10/10 women then everyone would have dad bods and be out of shape.

Working out for yourself yes, but youre a liar if you say its not for anyone else either.

#Preach

Couldn't had been said any better

I'm realizing a lot of y'all are lightweight :lol:

123-175lbs

But y'all moving weight though. :smokin

Last edited:
Youve clearly never met or had a discussion with someone whos been in that situation then.

Theres more to exercise than bodybuilding and people improve their lives for more reasons than simply impressing others.

Its actually kind of sad and disheartening if you really think everyone works out for reasons other than personal achievement.

Not everyone lifts because they want to get big. It's just a way of occupying your time in a way that's productive and getting big is a byproduct.

I can think of three sober friends who started lifting years ago and are just now getting into shows. They did it so they had something to do. Not to impress others. Some people just want to change their whole lifestyle and it starts with feeling good about yourself.

You can't just make blanket statements about a large group of people just because you feel it's true. Some lift for attention from others. A lot don't give a damn in my experience.

Last edited:
Youve clearly never met or had a discussion with someone whos been in that situation then.

Theres more to exercise than bodybuilding and people improve their lives for more reasons than simply impressing others.

Its actually kind of sad and disheartening if you really think everyone works out for reasons other than personal achievement.
I bet you're 5'10-5'"11 just sub 200#. You probably look decent enough to be a trainer but you're not kidding anyone. The nonsense you regurgitate came straight from a book and not somebody that actually got any money in real life.

Dawg, youre saying people do it ONLY for themselves which is a fat LIE. Theres a bigger picture to it, and it involves other peoples opinions more than you think.

That out of shape lady running a 5k may be doing tnfor herself...so she can impress her family that she did something they probably think she coudnt do. Thats doing it for yourself but stems from proving her family wrong and impressing them.

I bet you're 5'10-5'"11 just sub 200#. You probably look decent enough to be a trainer but you're not kidding anyone. The nonsense you regurgitate came straight from a book and not somebody that actually got any money in real life.

Dudes actually like 6'4 and 260. Hes a bigger, heftier dude.

Not everyone lifts because they want to get big. It's just a way of occupying your time in a way that's productive and getting big is a by product.

I can think of three sober friends who started lifting years ago and are just now getting into shows. They did it so they had something to do. Not to impress others. Some people just want to change their whole lifestyle and it starts with feeling good about yourself.
I can say the same. It's a good way to spend your downtime but doing shows is a way to impress people. Unfortunately the better other people feel about you the better you feel about yourself in a lot of cases

You reach a certain point in your life, you're working out for overall health.

Simple as that.

And that can happen at ANY age.

Dawg, youre saying people do it ONLY for themselves which is a fat LIE. Theres a bigger picture to it, and it involves other peoples opinions more than you think.

That out of shape lady running a 5k may be doing tnfor herself...so she can impress her family that she did something they probably think she coudnt do. Thats doing it for yourself but stems from proving her family wrong and impressing them.

I never said people ONLY do it for themselves. Its never 100%, but there are many many people who exercise for themselves and not for the opinions of others

At a certain point in time if you make significant progress, someone will say something to you about what youve been doing and if their approval or praise makes you feel better then thats even better but their comments arent WHY you work out. It enhances it.

I never said people ONLY do it for themselves. Its never 100%, but there are many many people who exercise for themselves and not for the opinions of others

At a certain point in time if you make significant progress, someone will say something to you about what youve been doing and if their approval or praise makes you feel better then thats even better but their comments arent WHY you work out. It enhances it.
Repped

I'm realizing a lot of y'all are lightweight
laugh.gif

123-175lbs

But y'all moving weight though.
smokin.gif
For real 
laugh.gif

I really hope dude post a half way decent attempt at that 2x bench. 

Some of these other randoms are just 
mean.gif
laugh.gif

You can always tell who actually puts in work and who doesnt. 

Last edited:
but but Im 5'11 195 
frown.gif

what you saying papi

Back
Top Bottom