STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I've been at the shore since Monday and will be here till tomorrow. Much needed time off of work and probably the gym. I hate missing days but my shoulders and knees last week were killing me.

Doc said I've got patellofemoral pain syndrome (runners knee). Prescribed an anti inflammatory and some at home physical therapy excercises. Thank god it's nothing serious. Gonna chill on squats and deadlifts for like a month. I think I may have to grab some knee sleeves sometime soon though

I'm from this day trying to figure out, how my first cousin who I basically grew up with is beasting more than me. His father and my father are brothers.

I'm the shortest in the family after my grandfather. I'm 5'11.5". My girl cousins are taller than me. Basically I have a 14 year old first female cousin that's 6'3". My father is 6'5

Now here he is 33 6'3" 210, I'm 36, 205, 5'11.5 and I don't look this solid. I'm good but damn. Genetics my ***...

I know Boss, eat more protein :lol:

Then again he's the cousin that an Atheletic Trainer for the NFl and NFL.

Last edited:
Did y'all see ya boy Tebow yesterday at those tryouts?? My dude looking straight beast mode 
eek.gif

I'm from this day trying to figure out, how my first cousin who I basically grew up with is beasting more than me. His father and my father are brothers.

I'm the shortest in the family after my grandfather. I'm 5'11.5". My girl cousins are taller than me. Basically I have a 14 year old first female cousin that's 6'3". My father is 6'5

Now here he is 33 6'3" 210, I'm 36, 205, 5'11.5 and I don't look this solid. I'm good but damn. Genetics my ***...

I know Boss, eat more protein :lol:

The runt of your family at 5'11. That's a pretty beastly family, dog.

If you're that tall in my extended family, you basically near the top of the pecking position. For now.

The youngest in my family is going to be an outlier, and taller than the rest of us. He's ten years old right now and half my height, but he's already my shoe size. His father was 6'7. His older sister is taller than me at 11 years old. Imagine how that makes me feel when I'm the oldest of our side of the family.

I'm in an interesting position where I'm the runt of the family, physically (even the women are taller than me) , but I'm also the oldest, by a considerable margin. In an Asian family, that's beautiful. Everyone has to respect and obey me :lol:

Last edited:
Amel, I'm the oldest
laugh.gif

My grandmother is taller than me fam. She used to pat me on my head; grown *** man at 21
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Amel, I'm the oldest :lol:

My grandmother is taller than me fam. She used to pat me on the head grown *** man at 21:lol:

Damn, that's a beastly family fam. Your grandmother taller than you. That doesn't even happen to me and I'm short as hell. Lol

I don't have any sympathy for you though. You 5'11 dog. Lol.

Last edited:

I know Boss, eat more protein
laugh.gif

Don't sweat it man, we can take a close up pic of your with your hands pushing your biceps up and you to will look like a beast 
laugh.gif

6'3 210 isn't that big to be honest, my coach is your height and pushing 285+ looking like a ******* gorilla 

I saw him on TV the other day and he was looking pretty lean, and possibly riding the bicycle.

Don't sweat it man, we can take a close up pic of your with your hands pushing your biceps up and you to will look like a beast 
laugh.gif

6'3 210 isn't that big to be honest, my coach is your height and pushing 285+ looking like a ******* gorilla 
Boss always coming through with the support
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I've always wonder, what builds muscle more...Front Squats or Back Squats? 

Here's a video with good information, however this is just merely opinions.

I was watching his video comparing barbell shoulder press with db shoulder press. Ur not supposed to touch the dbs at the top of the lift? Thats incorrect form/lift? I didnt know that, i always touch them lol

That feel when you've been out for a week with a rib injury and you're starting to feel better until you sneeze. Felt like it happened all over again.

The break does have me rethinking my workout plan for when I get back to it.

How do y'all get back into it after an injury?

Doc said I've got patellofemoral pain syndrome (runners knee). Prescribed an anti inflammatory and some at home physical therapy excercises. Thank god it's nothing serious. Gonna chill on squats and deadlifts for like a month. I think I may have to grab some knee sleeves sometime soon though

So you know the name of the anti-inflammatory he prescribed?

[thread="500128"]<a data-huddler-embed="href" href="https://niketalk.com/members/40626" style="display:inline-block;">@4one5</a>
 - yup it is. grimey gellert :x [/thread]
[thread="500128"] [/thread]
[thread="500128"]<a data-huddler-embed="href" href="https://niketalk.com/members/37504" style="display:inline-block;">@Jking0821</a>
 - bahaha sounds exactly like me this summer.  Goal for 2016 is 4 plate squat, 3 plate bench, 5 plate deadlift.  If I remember we were doing Canditos strength program together a couple months ago.  I did that for like 18 weeks, hit PRs but just burned myself out.[/thread]
[thread="500128"] [/thread]
[thread="500128"]I switched over to his linear program that isn't as intense in weight but requires a bit more volume and conditioning.  I haven't tested my 1RM but I'm hitting volume PRs which are just as satisfying.  Definitely recommend it if you want something new.[/thread]

i do remember that :lol: yeah man the candito program literally had me dying and having to pull 2 hour + gym sessions to complete the squat and dead sessions. Didn't have it in me.

I have the same goals my man 405 squat and 495 dead....i suck at bench id be happy with 225. I will check for his linear program. I honestly like volume better then heavy weight but who doesn't

Back
Top Bottom