STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Let me start this off by saying I've never truly been serious about working out.  I would be committed for a month then just stop for no reason outside of laziness.  Lately I've just had the sudden urge to try and get bigger.  Been eating like crazy so I know I got that part on lock.  

So today I pick up the adjustable dumbells I have in the crib and get to work and damn I haven't felt more ashamed.  Couldn't even do 3x8 overhead press with 20lb dumbells. **** even a 60lb bench press was killing me a bit. Arms shaking and all that man.  Sucks to admit to yourself that you're pretty physically weak.  I gotta do better.

Everybody starts somewhere. A long journey starts with a first step. When I first started I was huge and could barely bench 95 pounds.....

HAHAHAHAH!
We really need to do an NT Fitness Summit.
Powerlifting vs BodyBuilding vs Crossfit vs "Cross Trainer"

Summer of 2017:nerd:

some of yall are stronger than me, some of yall are faster than me, some are more flexible than me, but none of yall are out working me.! I'M READY

damn man i could drink c4 as a drink with my meal 
laugh.gif
 thing does nothing for me.

lol son....

you made it alive mixing that together? :rofl:

:lol: my mans takin shots of that yac between sets

Not together :lol: :lol:
But there will be times that I'll drink while c4 is still in my system. (Example: Friday night workouts, get home 2hrs after taking c4 and working out and it's time to get the night started so I throw back a couple Henny shots)

Hit 335x5x10 on squats today and almost puked then died 
laugh.gif

**** volume on squats **** **** **** 

too fat for this **** 

Appreciate it fellas.

Should I mess with creatine if I'm pretty skinny? Do people still "cycle" it?

Last edited:
Hit 335x5x10 on squats today and almost puked then died :lol:

**** volume on squats **** **** **** 

too fat for this **** 

You still cutting? Da hell...

Opinions on this...

Some one gave me this to try...

What y'all think?

I love pancakes, this is everything...

Last edited:
I just did 15 mins on the stairmaster and knocked out 5 sets of 10 reps light barbell squats 185. I know it's light but I'm a beginner when it comes to barbell squats. I usually hit the leg press instead, but I started rocking with the squat rack recently. And I don't want my legs to get any bigger, my thighs and *** are kinda thick so I'm more concerned with toning that a little bit. This week I plan on eating straight salads, and fish/vegetables. I'm trying to maintain my brolic, but cut down on the fat. Step my sexy up, nah mean?

Am I doing it right, what should I add/remove? (I hate running by the way)

Last edited:
Chest day went good today!
PR of 205x4
My last was 205x2 and 1 with some assurance. Spotter didn't touch the bar once. Confident on that 225 now. But I still wanna work more reps at heavier weight.

Go for the 225. You got it.

I've been trying to fill out a 3x5 on 205 for weeks. Last Monday I went for 215 and got 2. Went up and finally got 225 for the first time, no spotter.

Came back yesterday and banged out 215x3 and 225x1 again. Also set a new PR for deals last week at 260. 
nthat.gif

I haven't targeted legs a lot this year due to a stress fracture in April and a football injury a few months ago that almost tore my knee apart. So it feels good getting it going again. Shooting for 1k club next year.
I just did 15 mins on the stairmaster and knocked out 5 sets of 10 reps light barbell squats 185. I know it's light but I'm a beginner when it comes to barbell squats. I usually hit the leg press instead, but I started rocking with the squat rack recently. And I don't want my legs to get any bigger, my thighs and *** are kinda thick so I'm more concerned with toning that a little bit. This week I plan on eating straight salads, and fish/vegetables. I'm trying to maintain my brolic, but cut down on the fat. Step my sexy up, nah mean?

Here's the thing: if you're going to work your legs, with any sense of meaning, they're going to grow. If by "toning" you mean cut down the fat then that's more of a nutritional thing.

Someone posted this a while back.

https://www.muscleforlife.com/rapid-weight-loss/

Solid article that I'm taking with me into my next cut.

Last edited:
ive shared these little gems before. But for the non pre workout crew. I take about half this packet. Whole packet is only about 40 mg caffeine

Yo squats are king. Think about it, ur legs are the foundation of ur whole body. U dont wanna be out here all brolic up top with some toothpick legs right? Plus they help ur posterior chain, its more than just legs. And dont stress over the weight, that dont mean nothing esp if u just start or got back into it. The #s gonna come.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom