STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Based on what? and are you talking about all straps/belts?
I wear wrists straps when I bench heavy because it's more comfortable on my wrists. My 1RM on the bench is the same with or without it. 
No bro strictly talking about things that if it wasn't for straps the lift would be impossible for you. its fine and has its place but I don't want to hear about some new pr with straps

Yeah I don't get this thread at all when it comes to using a belt or straps. Like I'm stronger than all of you strap bashers and I use straps every single back workout, come **** with me 
laugh.gif
Man....Boss, I'm disappointed. 
laugh.gif

*Sigh*

I'm mad hungry and there are roughly 17 hours until this fast is over. I had a cheat meal today so I decided to do a 24 hour fast (water + a few sticks of gum) to get it out of my system. I've been doing 16/8 intermittent fasting since the summer so I don't know why I stress a 24 hour fast so much. 

Last edited:
Hit chest/tris today. Hit 275 again this time 2sets of singles. I can smell that 280.

Damn RIP.

Back in HS on the football team I was weak as hell and my coach was hyping me up to do 185 (emphasis on being weak as hell)

I knew I couldn't do it but my boys were hyping me up and ****..I go down to do a rep and the bar missed my neck by inches man. I look back on it sometimes like damn, I could've really ****** myself or died man.

Man...RIP

Iowa State student crushed to death by 315 lbs after barbell slips

IIRC, the same thing happened to a USC football player...but he lived.
Jesus.... R.I.P.

Make sure your thumbs are ALWAYS wrapped around the bar guys... Im not saying this guy didnt do that but yea...

I honestly feel like chalk is always needed on any lift tbh.

I see way too many people in my gym back squatting low weight without gripping the bar or by resting their arms on the bar... clearly they do that to show off. 
mean.gif

Gotta respect the weights man. Sometimes we forget how heavy they actually are. Like 225 may be light for squats, but the weight itself is heavy.

Damn RIP.

Back in HS on the football team I was weak as hell and my coach was hyping me up to do 185 (emphasis on being weak as hell)

I knew I couldn't do it but my boys were hyping me up and ****..I go down to do a rep and the bar missed my neck by inches man. I look back on it sometimes like damn, I could've really ****** myself or died man.

reminds me of this. I feel like 185 is too heavy..

I've seen you giveaway more **** in this thread than most stores have inventory. Everybody has their opinion but if the weight can't be lifted without straps then it can't be lifted period.
But its a gym lift so it really doesn't matter any way.

I had a buddy in high school who was benching and I guess he came down and couldn't go up and have out, the bar landed on his somehow and he had braces......the story writes itself

I always need a spot just for my sanity and to feel safe. For instance on my chest day I'll hit 225 for 10 on my first working set; no spotter that **** will feel heavy AF and I'll get like 5. TBH when my workout partner isn't with me I'll use the smith machine with no shame.

I workout alone most of the time and when I bench heavy i always ask someone for a spot. RIP to that dude

^same. Once i get heavy i just ask someone who looks capable of helping to give me a spot (no dudes with 1 hand). Definitely eases my mind in that i know worst case someones there to help me out.

Type of s*** that makes me not wanna bench man. That's what scared me from benching when I first started hitting the gym.

RIP

Type of s*** that makes me not wanna bench man. That's what scared me from benching when I first started hitting the gym.

RIP

****** bench everyday b.

How many stories do you hear of guys dying?

This was a freak accident, RIP to the guy but it was just terrible luck.

****** bench everyday b.

How many stories do you hear of guys dying?

This was a freak accident, RIP to the guy but it was just terrible luck.
Them YouTube compilations lol. Granted 99% don't die but shoot... I'm good now though I don't even think about that like I used to years ago

I think a lot of those guys in those YT comps (from the ones ive seen) are doing more than they can handle.

Any suggestions for brands of gloves with wrist support? Been dealing with a sprained wrist that's disrupting my gains. 

Any suggestions for brands of gloves with wrist support? Been dealing with a sprained wrist that's disrupting my gains. 
Gains and gloves don't go together

Jokes aside I would try wrist wraps first. Just some basic ones from your local sports store and see if they help

I feel like I lost all my strength since I really only hit the gym 3 days a week now. I didn't really but I only do the big 3 now for the most part. first time in like 2 years I don't go on the regular. Feels bad.

damn its wild, because i remember we had that grip argument in here for bench in the summer, and I use to do suicide grip. and yall were talking about how dangerous it was. Yesterday i was benching and realized i switched to a full grip again and damn proud of it. anything over 225 now even if it's 230 i grab a spot..

Back
Top Bottom